What after Pioneer FS52??

Yes. The crossover is set at 80hz. The listening position from the speakers could be about 18 feets.

18ft is very far away from speakers.. Why so far away from speakers? If you could afford to move a few ft ahead, would save you the cost of upgrade..

18ft is very far away from speakers.. Why so far away from speakers? If you could afford to move a few ft ahead, would save you the cost of upgrade..
I totally agree with this. 18ft is too far away for a compact HT. Ideally, 10 to 12 feet. Try moving the listening position and then decide. All the best.

Not sure who's the dealer in Hyderabad

You may check from their website link below

@HTuser , any idea about sonodyne dealer from Hyderabad ?

Don't know exactly who is the dealer now.

May have to reach via the sonodyne site mentioned above.

Avant T2 tower will be above the budget , but recommended to audition T2 towers as well
Sonus Towers will be in the range of budget mentioned

Look at sonodyne sonus / Avant speakers.. pair of speakers may come closure to the budget. But make sure you have good amps to power them..
they are rated 150 watts to 200 watts rms

Hello Edjamesx,

I am thinking of buying Sonodyne Prime H14 with Sonus 3165, 3360, Roar1210, and 3260 (instead of the dipoles 3440). Seeing their specifications it seems that they will sound good, though I haven't auditioned them and compared with Elac or others. Sonodyne recommends 100 ~ 150 W per channel amplifier for PrimeH14.

Along with this, I am thinking of Yamaha RXV685 or Denon x2600h AVRs.

Yamaha RXV685 has a rated output power of 90W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power =125W /channel in 8 ohms
whereas
Denon x2600h AVRs has 95W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power is not given.

1. Will these AVRs could drive the speakers properly? Or I should consider AVRs with higher RMS W/channel?

2. Are these speakers good like SVS, Warfedele, Klipsch, Elac, B&W etc.?

Thanks and regards,
Som

Hello Edjamesx,

I am thinking of buying Sonodyne Prime H14 with Sonus 3165, 3360, Roar1210, and 3260 (instead of the dipoles 3440). Seeing their specifications it seems that they will sound good, though I haven't auditioned them and compared with Elac or others. Sonodyne recommends 100 ~ 150 W per channel amplifier for PrimeH14.

Along with this, I am thinking of Yamaha RXV685 or Denon x2600h AVRs.

Yamaha RXV685 has a rated output power of 90W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power =125W /channel in 8 ohms
whereas
Denon x2600h AVRs has 95W/channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2-ch driven), Dynamic power is not given.

1. Will these AVRs could drive the speakers properly? Or I should consider AVRs with higher RMS W/channel?

2. Are these speakers good like SVS, Warfedele, Klipsch, Elac, B&W etc.?

Thanks and regards,
Som

Hi Som,
I am using Sonodyne 3165 ,Sonus 3360 and they sounds great to me .
When I was auditioning speakers first of all i did not have any plans of seeing sonodyne speakers at all. Thinking unknowing && Indian brand it wont sound good that time.

I also auditioned polk , KEF , Kilpsch speakers. For me they these speaker's highs were very bright to my ears. And i did not bear the sound for more than 5 minutes.

Then went to the dealer to look for Sonus faber and Focal speakers. My dealer also showed me first Focal and Sonus faber speakers .

He also had these sonodyne speakers , I just asked him to show the of demo these speakers , He connected the speakers and played the Batman dark knight movie. I was speechless. These speakers sounded great. The Plane sound effects and Batman bike sound was like i never heard before.

Hearing Focal speakers I was not overwhelmed , may be my expectations about these speakers were too high.

Though i liked sonus faber first, Sonodyne speakers sound good to me for the price, only difference i noted was high notes were little more vibrant in sonus faber, apart from it i did not notice any difference. My dealer used same AVR for both the speakers. Sonus faber speakers costs more 4 times the cost of these speakers.

Audio is personal choice. So better audition the speakers yourself and decide if you get a chance.
Here are some demo videos i have created from my setup, Hope it may help you to get some idea.Hear with good headsets with high volume.

Movie With Subwoofer connected.

Music without Subwoofer connected.

There was minor blitch sound you may see in the demo videos thats because of my audio sourcing issue with my old PC.

Denon x2600h AVRs has 95W can be used to power up these speakers. Not a problem. Since the sensitivity of these speakers are high even 60 Watts RMS AVR will be able to give good sound.
Denon is good for movies , If you are a music lover then you may consider Yamaha AVR.

Currently i am powering it up with ONKYO 80 watts RMS / channel. These speakers sound good . The reason i told , good AVR , because these speakers sounded even better in dealer place because he was using the better amps than mine. If you are the person who likes high blasting sounds and play volumes at 50 db or above always then you need to go for high powered AMPS , otherwise not needed.

Here's my hifivision thread about my speaker decisions.

Last edited:
Hi Som,
I am using Sonodyne 3165 ,Sonus 3360 and they sounds great to me .
When I was auditioning speakers first of all i did not have any plans of seeing sonodyne speakers at all. Thinking unknowing && Indian brand it wont sound good that time.

I also auditioned polk , KEF , Kilpsch speakers. For me they these speaker's highs were very bright to my ears. And i did not bear the sound for more than 5 minutes.

Then went to the dealer to look for Sonus faber and Focal speakers. My dealer also showed me first Focal and Sonus faber speakers .

He also had these sonodyne speakers , I just asked him to show the of demo these speakers , He connected the speakers and played the Batman dark knight movie. I was speechless. These speakers sounded great. The Plane sound effects and Batman bike sound was like i never heard before.

Hearing Focal speakers I was not overwhelmed , may be my expectations about these speakers were too high.

Though i liked sonus faber first, Sonodyne speakers sound good to me for the price, only difference i noted was high notes were little more vibrant in sonus faber, apart from it i did not notice any difference. My dealer used same AVR for both the speakers. Sonus faber speakers costs more 4 times the cost of these speakers.

Audio is personal choice. So better audition the speakers yourself and decide if you get a chance.
Here are some demo videos i have created from my setup, Hope it may help you to get some idea.Hear with good headsets with high volume.

Movie With Subwoofer connected.

Music without Subwoofer connected.

There was minor blitch sound you may see in the demo videos thats because of my audio sourcing issue with my old PC.

Denon x2600h AVRs has 95W can be used to power up these speakers. Not a problem. Since the sensitivity of these speakers are high even 60 Watts RMS AVR will be able to give good sound.
Denon is good for movies , If you are a music lover then you may consider Yamaha AVR.

Currently i am powering it up with ONKYO 80 watts RMS / channel. These speakers sound good . The reason i told , good AVR , because these speakers sounded even better in dealer place because he was using the better amps than mine. If you are the person who likes high blasting sounds and play volumes at 50 db or above always then you need to go for high powered AMPS , otherwise not needed.

Here's my hifivision thread about my speaker decisions.
Nice set up. I am thinking of going for Sonodyne Sonus Series for my 5.1.4 setup in a 18'x12' room. Can u please share your views regarding the Sonus series in comparison to PolkS50+S30+S15 or its T Series. Thanks.

Nice set up. I am thinking of going for Sonodyne Sonus Series for my 5.1.4 setup in a 18'x12' room. Can u please share your views regarding the Sonus series in comparison to PolkS50+S30+S15 or its T Series. Thanks.
For me Sonodyne Sonus Series were sounding better , highs were sweet sounding than polk audio. Also able to hear mids clearly in Sonodyne sonus series , where as in polks Highs were elevated and bright sounding so mids looked like it was muted. Though when we touch the speakers it was working. I am still using sonodyne sonus speakers and happy with it.

Since Your room size is bigger. You can also consider Sonodyne avant series / they are 3 way speakers and powerful than sonus series.

For me Sonodyne Sonus Series were sounding better , highs were sweet sounding than polk audio. Also able to hear mids clearly in Sonodyne sonus series , where as in polks Highs were elevated and bright sounding so mids looked like it was muted. Though when we touch the speakers it was working. I am still using sonodyne sonus speakers and happy with it.

Since Your room size is bigger. You can also consider Sonodyne avant series / they are 3 way speakers and powerful than sonus series.
Thanks mate.

One more thing..what do you suggest for surrounds ? Dipolar 3440 vs Bookshelf 3260 considering my room size.

Hello everyone,

I have been enjoying the Andrew Jones setup from quite sometime now. The FS52 towers are really something for what they offer in that price range. Infact, they outperform many which costs double their price.
Now the big question is what next?
The thing is, I have had my fare share of experiences with few more expensive speakers like Taga platinum F90, Wharfedale diamond 10, Dynaudio Emit M10, Jamo S626, Klipsch R620 etc, but nothing could really wow me in terms of performance compared to my AJs. I mean I'm talking about the price to performance ratio here. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here but the real world performance is only slightly better and for that I have to pay almost double the price, which I really don't think is worth it.
Guys, I really don't mean to offend anyone who are using the above mentioned speakers/brands. It's just my personal opinion.
I'm in no hurry to upgrade, the current speakers are serving me well. They are really sweet sounding, it's just that I feel they could be a little underpowered sometimes and sound strained at very loud volumes while watching movies.
I'm looking for something more powerful, like at least 150 watts, which can handle loud volumes with poise.
I'm open to both floorstanders and bookshelves, new or used. Budget no more than 40k, maybe 45k if I have to stretch.

Apologies for the long post and thanks for reading with patience. Your advice/ suggestions would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Are andrewjones designed pioneer speakers discontinued ?
Or is it still available in the market??

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back