What are the best speakers you have heard?

Hi,

What you described it seems experience is the key rather than any established method. 2-3 people I think means help. I have heard few systems that sound great and seen many people actually struggle clueless about good sound setup procedures.
Must mention a setup procedure with a Manger floor stander speaker in a Mumbai audio show, the big speakers just vanished in a small hotel room. When I tried to inquire, I was told politely (rude?) to just listen and shut up. A big classical symphony playing at the time sounded so large, lush and relaxing that I could do nothing but but admire the setup skills.

Hi,

What you described it seems experience is the key rather than any established method. 2-3 people I think means help. I have heard few systems that sound great and seen many people actually struggle clueless about good sound setup procedures.
Must mention a setup procedure with a Manger floor stander speaker in a Mumbai audio show, the big speakers just vanished in a small hotel room. When I tried to inquire, I was told politely (rude?) to just listen and shut up. A big classical symphony playing at the time sounded so large, lush and relaxing that I could do nothing but but admire the setup skills.

Yes;

That set up was excellent.
It was done by Mr. Jilla from Nexus Audio Video.

He is a very 'experienced' & 'knowledgeable' professional.

The set up @ Taj Lands End was with Teac Esoteric P-70 & D-70 [Transport & DAC] & Electronics were from GamuT [Denmark] - Hermit Audio Sells that in India & Manger 103.3 [Nexus Audio Sells that in India].
Cables were from Transparent Audio - USA - sold in India by a dealer in Surat.

It was truly an excellent set up.
Sounded the best on the last day of the show....
First 2 days it was 'average' at best.
Yet the B & W 802 got the 'best sound of the show' - I wonder HOW ?

This was by far better sounding & very 'serious'
I think most people never understood what was going on.

I have the pics of that set up - will look it up & post [if I can find it] !!

p.s. I am glad you was present & did get a chance to listen to that excellent set up.

p.s.s. Mr. Jilla is the person that helps me a lot in my set up.
It is he who has tuned my 2 subs...[Marten Logan]

Must mention a setup procedure with a Manger floor stander speaker in a Mumbai audio show, the big speakers just vanished in a small hotel room.

that I could do nothing but but admire the setup skills.

This is not the room I spoke about - but it is with the Manger 109 [I think]
I will look & post - I am sure I have the pic with me. This was 2003.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another Picture :-

This is the room you spoke about - Mr. Jilla is in this picture.
He is really good @ this set up business. He knows what he does - very well - imho.

07.11.2004 is when this pic was taken.

The same speaker is for sale - if any one is interested.
Rs. 325/-K [Rs. 3,25,000/-] is the asking price - another picture - just because I could manage to find it on my machine :-

Last edited:
07.11.2004 is when this pic was taken.

The same speaker is for sale - if any one is interested.
Rs. 325/- is the asking price - another picture - just because I could manage to find it on my machine :-

I wonder how many zeroes you have forgotten:lol:

Tidal Sunray + Tidal Pre and Power Amps and a lot of other accompanying stuff.
At a friends place recently on Holi.
Unbelievable i havent heard such sound ever.
Wilson Audio Maxx i thought was brilliant but this beats it totally. Fantastic.
Will go for a longer listening soon and get some pictures and try to write a small review. :)
Absolute bliss.

*Its actually the same guy who bought the Ascendo from one page back has replaced them witha Tidal Setup @ Jaipur*

Last edited:
Bhagwan

Wow great library of pictures. Some observations. The Ascendo and Manger speakers seem to use a similar kind of positions i.e wider than usual. Is the same person in Ascendo room pictures your have posted, Mr Jilla? Obvious that you regard him highly.
I know from that PMC is distributed by Nexus Audio Video, did not know about Manger too, thanks for that info.

Besides, always do a set up in 'pairs' minimum 2 to 3 people.

Given the size (aka weight) of the speakers you audition having a couple of hefty men around helps. ;)

This is after the T1 was installed !!This was when we had 'finished' !!

THe speakers look like they are right angles to each other. Yet to come across an install that worked best in this formation.:confused:

Edit: Are there 4 speakers?

Last edited:
Hi,

Am I to understand this great sounding Ascendo from Jaipur was sold and replaced with Tidal speakers, why?
Arhantd you are really impressed. Unbelievable is what you claim, really that good? Where did you hear the Wilson Maxx that you compare it with?
Bhagwan your comments. Was it worth it?
Again the wide positioning. From what I gather it is active between the main speaker and subwoofer. How did you integrate the two towers.
Thanks for your inputs.

Hi,

Am I to understand this great sounding Ascendo from Jaipur was sold and replaced with Tidal speakers, why?
Arhantd you are really impressed. Unbelievable is what you claim, really that good? Where did you hear the Wilson Maxx that you compare it with?

Bhagwan your comments. Was it worth it?
Again the wide positioning. From what I gather it is active between the main speaker and subwoofer. How did you integrate the two towers.
Thanks for your inputs.

3 questions for 'bhagwan'

[a] Yes - Ascendo Out & Tidal In

I have no comments - I have not heard the Maxx in the Jaipur house - so how do I comment on its performance / sound. Have heard it at different times - different electronics - different room - but a comment is not possible.

[c] The Tidal Sunray & T1 to get to work 'correct' is a 'task'
I am not having those skill sets or experience to do this kind of work.
It is out of my league. :indifferent14:

Hi,

Hi..

I heard the wilson setup a a relative's house in Bombay, briefly.
Tidals are at a friends house in jaipur so we keep listening.

I just put another post about my experience, i am no audiophile so my opinion is not technical. I loved the Wilson as well but it was in a more casual setup and over a brief period of time.
So again my judgement could be biased. I liked the Tidal more because of a couple of factors, the setup was absolutely brilliant and i got to play ma favorite tracks on it.
The first time i heard it, it was playing a track from the Drak knight, where the music vanished for 15-20 seconds and there is just a deep vibration... that litereally shook me off the floor and then on i have spent some more time with it...even played youtube videos on it... Its just perfect no matter what you do with it... The clarity, the mids and the lows all superb... its got a particular vibe, a zing which was not there in the wilson when i heard it.
I am not good enough to properly figure the placement of instruments, but the owner really helps me out in explainign his choice of cables and cd transport and amps his inch perfect placement. So overall its like an museum experience.

The same guy had Ascendo first...magnepans as well and a really old onkyo set...and he has changed his amps and cdp about 10 times between these. But over the 2 years i have heard all his setups, this one is the best to my ears and to his as well.

But that is till i did not know its price. After i got to know the price range, i dont think i would buy it if i could. I dont deserve it basically. Its for someone who can really understand the technical aspects of all of this as well. As for me i am like a kid who is just wowed by the experience and doest need to know the technicals and the price.

That said i would be equally happy with eh Maggies or the Wilson if i could afford them.

Last edited:
Hi,

So the Tidal is better than Ascendo so change is worth it.
I was meaning to ask Arhantd about Maxx speakers.
The main speaker and subwoofer stands without any integration? Then how is it better? Sorry about this question but a clarification would help.

Hi,

So the Tidal is better than Ascendo so change is worth it.
I was meaning to ask Arhantd about Maxx speakers.
The main speaker and subwoofer stands without any integration? Then how is it better? Sorry about this question but a clarification would help.

Sir,
to give a 'silly' example;
Buy a Porsch 911 Turbo & if the Tyres are not Balanced & the Car's Alignment is not done - will the car drive well ?

In the same manner - the Sunray & T1 need the owner of the company to visit & 'tune' the set up - to get 100 % performance...just my humble opinion;

:indifferent14:

I will be visiting the same relative with Wilsons next month in bombay. Will try to do a proper listen and post some more comments. As for the real question why tidal is better, it could be circumstantial as i said before, difficult to put a figer on. Maybe after spending more time with the Wilson setup a better perspective will emerge.

Sir,
to give a 'silly' example;
Buy a Porsch 911 Turbo & if the Tyres are not Balanced & the Car's Alignment is not done - will the car drive well ?

In the same manner - the Sunray & T1 need the owner of the company to visit & 'tune' the set up - to get 100 % performance...just my humble opinion;

:indifferent14:

Hi,

Bhagwan I get the idea from the Porsche parallel. You have demoed a Tidal system that is company owner tuned that sounds better.
Arhantd this inch perfect placement is done by the system owner or Tidal owner?
Would be nice to know.

Hi,

Bhagwan I get the idea from the Porsche parallel. You have demoed a Tidal system that is company owner tuned that sounds better.
Arhantd this inch perfect placement is done by the system owner or Tidal owner?
Would be nice to know.

Tidal is owned by Jorn.
He has never visited India.
I have invited him over several times - but he has not come.

So, the Sunray + T1 has not been installed by Jorn.

Mr. Jilla & myself have done what was heard by Mr. Arhantd.
However, 'we' do not have the understanding / expertise to set up a speaker system that is as complex as the Tidal T1 + Sunray.

Therefore I say, Mr. Jorn's visit is 'imperative !

That will take this current set up from 8/10 to 9.5/10 - so I believe.

Yet, to my ears - this is / was one of the best sounding audio set ups in India that I have ever auditioned ! :clapping:

Hi,

Sorry Bhagwan, I mean you heard this speaker somewhere else set up by company owner, not just India.The statement presumes that you have heard it sound better personally. Please can you elaborate differences. Thank you
I have called Mr.Jilla and will be meeting him tomorrow for coffee for PMC. Will ask him for his input too about system setup.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back