What are the best speakers you have heard?

In this order:

1. Thiel 7.2 with Bryston amps and cdp
2. Legacy Focus with Parasound monoblocks

ckn

There is a pair for sale !!!

In this order:

1. Thiel 7.2 with Bryston amps and cdp
2. Legacy Focus with Parasound monoblocks

ckn

Hey, there is a Legacy Audio - Focus [the old model] for sale.
Really cheap - 125 K - Dadar - P****e Colony.

The one you heard @ Lakozy was the 3rd model - Focus HR !!!
You liked it ? Interesting......
Were you there @ the launch party ???

:D

The Theil 7.2 is a good speaker too. I liked it. Heard them with Krell Amplification in Prague - many years back.
I really want to hear the cs5i from Thiel. Seen them, but never heard them...

Attachments

• legacy.jpg
    legacy.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,504
Last edited:
Hi,
I would be certainly interested in taking a look at the preowned Legacy. can you give me the details. Pls PM me. Is it the Focus 20/20?

I was there at LaKozy for the launch. I had heard it a few days earlier at leisure. Your mail seemed to indicate that you did not really fancy it much? Any particular reason? I actually thought it was pretty good. A bit big, though..thats what got me having second thoughts....my proposed music room will be about 16x16 and it might be a bit large for that...thinking of putting them up in may hall thats a lot bigger (as part of the HT set up) .....for that I could go the preowned route if it is in good shape.

Any thoughts/inputs would be appreciated.
ckn

conditions !!!

I would be certainly interested in taking a look at the preowned Legacy. can you give me the details. Pls PM me. Is it the Focus 20/20?

them up in may hall thats a lot bigger (as part of the HT set up) .....for that I could go the preowned route if it is in good shape.

ckn

Correct me if I am wrong; but a new Focus HR costs 400/- K ++
This pair is going for 125/- K
It is 8 + years old.
It is an old model.
There was the Focus, then Focus 20/20 & now this Focus HR.

The speaker for sale is the original Focus. There are also Legacy Audio power amplifiers for sale.

Call, the number I gave to you & see.

If you like, buy, else have a cup of coffee & say good bye !!

Regards,

:cool:

I've enjoyed listening to quite a few
Tannoy Westminster Royal, Tannoy system 215, Avant garde duo,B&W 802, Harbeth studio monitors, Jamo Concert are the ones that I recollect instantly,

If I have to pick a favorite, I?d system 215.

From the top of my mind: Some high-end Tannoys, Avant Garde, B&W 800 series, DynAudio Confidence, Jamo Concert series, Mirage OMNI 550, Nakamichi. These are the one I liked the sound of.

Forgot to mention one. KLH. $150 a pair, they could kick the juice outta any speaker under $1000 a pair. Certainly not the best out there, but that $150 a pair sound still rings in my ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Cadence.
I auditioned the new Cadence ARISTA last week at Jochen Semler's lovely bungalow off Hosur road in Bangalore.

We checked it out with the Cadence Amp and Einstein tube CD player. We also tried it with a Plinius amp and NAD C542 CD player.

The high frequencies were as delicate and real as they could get. The bass was great, but a bit overwhelming. We booked a pair of Arista's for my sister. We are hoping to tame the bass through room treatment, electronics, blocking the bass port etc. We are also hoping that the children would spare this grill free speaker just because we love it so much.

I still love my Monitor Audio RS6s; even after the above audition!
I wish Cadence sold their electrostatic panels separately, without the woofers.

A few years back I was impressed by Jamo D590, but that was probably a fluke. When we went back after 9 months to buy D870, it was a big disappointment.

Thanks,
Sharad

Mark Levinson 31.5+30.6 cd, 380S pre, 33 pwr with Thiel CS5i. Also in speakers Dynaudio Consequence with above. Also the Avalon Osiris.

Dated Hi - Fi [Good] !!!

Mark Levinson 31.5+30.6 cd, 380S pre, 33 pwr with Thiel CS5i. Also in speakers Dynaudio Consequence with above. Also the Avalon Osiris.

Someone from old school;
All the gear you mentioned is from 2 decades back.

Good to see some 'senior' persons on this forum.

Nice Choice.

I have never hears any of what you mentioned, sure it must be great !!

:D

Forgot to mention one. KLH. $150 a pair, they could kick the juice outta any speaker under $1000 a pair. Certainly not the best out there, but that $150 a pair sound still rings in my ears.

Talk abt seniority, KLH is almost 35 or 40 years old(if it is the Kloss speaker that ranjeetrain is referring to)

Well I havn't had the priviledge to listen to all top speakers but those which left everlasting impression behind are (in alphabetical order):

ACapella, Audio Physik "Medea", Cadence, Consensus Audio, Etalon, Lithophon "Miracle", LumenWhite "Diamond Light", Manger, Odeon, Quad ESL 63.

I am still due to listen to Avalon, Marten and Tidal which all seem to be outstanding speakers.

Edit: forgot the most important on the wishlist - the Siltech Pantheon 25
Regards,
Jochen

Last edited:
I realize this is an old thread. But I was searching for something else when I chanced upon this.

Have to say that the best speakers that I have heard in my life are the Focal Electra. The trouble with audio solutions is that just when you think that audio cannot possibly be presented better, out comes another option which blows every musical notion that you have built up, out of the water.

That is what happened to me last weekend at ProFX, Chennai. I must thank the sales technician there who was exceptionally patient and helped with all my questions. It was a great experience.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back