What are the latest electrical equipment one can install in a 40 year old independent house?

arnprasad

HI All,

I had raised a previous query on UPS and then on tripping RCCB..as part of my old house modernization..I got more Sonoff 4 channel relays..so now I have got 6 Sonoff 4 channel relay covering 24 electrical points and another 5-6 Sonoff single relay..so thats roughly 30 electrical points fully automated. I have replaced all my ceiling fans with Atomberg BLDC ones. All bulbs and tubelights are 100% LED for few years now. I also have 5-6 PIR bulbs where ever we need light for few seconds during movement.

My old outside the house wooden mains panel is being replaced by a 16 guage metal box and this one will have the MCBs and RCCBs and some RYB lamps and 96X96 multi function meter. In my ground floor, he is replacing DP switches with 8-10 individual MCBs.

Apart from these what other "affordable" electrical items are normally used in modern houses? I dont want to touch/break the ceilings and walls unless necessary and hence I cannot go for any of those smart concealed lighting and all that.

I have read that in Delhi and Mumbai they are experimenting with smart electrical meters. But I dont think in Bangalore, we have an allowed alternative to BESCOM meters.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

On a side note: Hope you have checked the wires, especially the ones which are powering heavy duty appliances like geyser, AC etc.
Also, I would check earthing and add good earthing, which is most important. In my experience, earthing is given least importance by the electricians and causes maximum damage and poses very high risk.

Sure..We did a rewiring of the house ten years ago and my electrician said its good and not worth spending another 50K to do it again. earthing - yes..I dont know how its checked - but have told him.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back