What capacity UPS for P42V20D

snorkel4u

Hi All,

I've created this thread to know if there's any UPS in Microtek (preferably) or any other brand which can take the load of a 42" P42V20D?

I got a 1000 VA UPS and after buying the Microtek guys say this UPS won't be able to handle a 42" Plasma TV>.....

Please advice.

Why not go for a pure signwave inverter ? btw why do the UPS guys think a 1000va ups can not power 350w plasma ? :rolleyes:

I use 800 VA UPS for Samsung B450 with similar power requirements and it works fine. The installer was hesistant to install 800 VA UPS and wanted to sell 1400 VA one. But I refused and it turned out to be a good decision. The brand is "tribal".

With TV+HT setup (with floor standers) + 2 lights and 1 fan running, it is fine. Anything more than that the overload alarm starts beeping.

All that on just one 800 VA UPS? :O thats a lot....

I am running just my TV alone on the UPS and it doesn't support it :(

How many inches is ur TV? And Is it Plasma or LCD? I've heard LCD's are easily supported by 1000 VA UPS. But Plasma take more power than LCDs.

Why not go for a pure signwave inverter ? btw why do the UPS guys think a 1000va ups can not power 350w plasma ? :rolleyes:

By this do you mean those inverters on a trolly which have a Truck like battery to support them?

We used to have them for our lights and fans in our home, but it got stolen unfortunately :(

And i've already invested 3700 in the UPS now

By this do you mean those inverters on a trolly which have a Truck like battery to support them?

We used to have them for our lights and fans in our home, but it got stolen unfortunately :(

And i've already invested 3700 in the UPS now

Yes I meant the same ones...... Stolen :eek: :mad: bterds..... they will get hit by electric shock from the same inverter.... U dont worry it will comeback.:) someday.

All that on just one 800 VA UPS? :O thats a lot....

I am running just my TV alone on the UPS and it doesn't support it :(

How many inches is ur TV? And Is it Plasma or LCD? I've heard LCD's are easily supported by 1000 VA UPS. But Plasma take more power than LCDs.

Yes all that in a 800 VA UPS.

The UPS is Tribal iACE 800.
Tribal ups , Tribal Battery, Tribal Inverters, Amaron UPS, Amaron Inverters, Amara Raja UPS, Amara Raja Inverters, Tribal Italia UPS, Tribal Italia Inverters,

Costed 13500 including battery and trolley. They claim to support 3 lights + 3 Fans + 1 CRT TV + 1 refregerator for this unit. If I switch off the (plasma)TV, all the mentioned are infact working. No CRT to check the full load.

With plasma and HT running though, 2 lights and 1 fan can be run in parallel.

My TV is a Samsung Plasma B450 2009 model.

Last edited:
i run all my stuff mentioned in my signature in an APC sua 1000 , my pc powersupply is 650w- for the hd5850, the load indicator goto maximum only when all of them are powered sametime

Wowww... you guys so despo to watch tv that you have installed a UPS. I use a cheaper option. Wait for power to come:lol:

guys i have been reading through this thread.
i also want to know as to what kind of stabilizer should i use for my setup (Pana 50U20D Plasma |Airtel DTH HD|Akai TT AP D33 | Sansui AU 717 Amp|WDTV Live|Go Flex 2TB|Yamaha AVR RXV361|Yamaha NS 270 |Pioneer DVDP V3935)
i already am using a UPS for my home needs and its connected to the mains so the issue of lights is not there. the electricity hardly goes therefore i have just installed the system as a back up.
do i still need to install a separate stabilizer for the system or would the UPS take care of the fluctuations. dont want my plasma blowing ;)

1000VA for plasma.... what ?????

my puny three years old 500va ups.. that too i changed the battery... runs my lcd with medium brightness and tata sky HD for 15 happy minutes.. and never beeped for overload...

max ... 800 va will be more than sufficient....

also the ups does have a fuse of its own... it will be able to handle fluctuations... still get a good spike protector for peace of mind....

Well i would suggest you to get a sinewave based UPS.
The SUA750I ,SUA1000i or if you want more back up get the SUA1000UXI with external batteries.It can handle 800watt of load.So it should be enough for HT and your tv.

Wowww... you guys so despo to watch tv that you have installed a UPS. I use a cheaper option. Wait for power to come:lol:

TV is not the concern!! Ceiling fan is..

Sitting in bangalore, you cannot understand the plight of people during summers in Hyderabad and further north..

Yes I meant the same ones...... Stolen :eek: :mad: bterds..... they will get hit by electric shock from the same inverter.... U dont worry it will comeback.:) someday.

Alas... I hope they treat it well. It wasn't even one year old and it helped me survive the Delhi scorching heat of 2010. Thanks for the kind words :)

And yeah, those sine wave invertors with an external battery will be too big to keep next to a AV Rack or keep in a balcony and get it wired till the AV Rack, all for a 10 secs matter. Coz in 10 secs the generator kicks in.

Yes all that in a 800 VA UPS.

The UPS is Tribal iACE 800.
Tribal ups , Tribal Battery, Tribal Inverters, Amaron UPS, Amaron Inverters, Amara Raja UPS, Amara Raja Inverters, Tribal Italia UPS, Tribal Italia Inverters,
Costed 13500 including battery and trolley. They claim to support 3 lights + 3 Fans + 1 CRT TV + 1 refregerator for this unit. If I switch off the (plasma)TV,
all the mentioned are infact working. No CRT to check the full load.

With plasma and HT running though, 2 lights and 1 fan can be run in parallel.

My TV is a Samsung Plasma B450 2009 model.

Thanks, even my dealer has agreed to give me the same online, sine wave inverter with inbuilt battery UPS for 13-14K range, but I don't think such a huge investment is worth it. Esp when I stay in a 100% power back up society.

i run all my stuff mentioned in my signature in an APC sua 1000 , my pc powersupply is 650w- for the hd5850, the load indicator goto maximum only when all of them are powered sametime

Cool, I will check this one out? Whats the price for this APC?

@ ironhorse,

Thanks for your reply.
But with my research this is what I have learnt. As known, Plasma suck more juice off a battery than LCDs. But that's not it.

The starting current needed for taking the load of a TV is far more in a Plasma than an LCD. My dealer and even the microtek guys can bet that a 800-1000VA UPS can easily run a 32" LCD TV.

But when it comes to Plasma this is the gyan they gave me, which is known to many users above.

The UPS I bought it a square wave, offline UPS. What I :should: have bought it a Sine Wave, On-line UPS (which as per them is very expensive in the range of 13000-14000 Rs)

Now, I will have to coax my dealer to take my UPS back as the only purpose I bought it for, is not being satisfied.
Secondly, I need to look around if there's any such UPS in the range < 4000 which can take the load of my 42" Panasonic Plasma.

If you guys know of it, please let me know

1000VA for plasma.... what ?????

my puny three years old 500va ups.. that too i changed the battery... runs my lcd with medium brightness and tata sky HD for 15 happy minutes.. and never beeped for overload...

max ... 800 va will be more than sufficient....

also the ups does have a fuse of its own... it will be able to handle fluctuations... still get a good spike protector for peace of mind....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back