What do you’ll use to clean inside of equipment?

prem

Hi members, the title I think is self explanatory. :)

Do you’ll use a soft brush or a cloth or a spray or a mini vacuum cleaner to clean the insides of an amp or a TV?

A vaccum cleaner with a mini brush head.
A blower (in a can) for the tricky parts - I know a lot of people will not be a fan of this but - a straw and blowing air works wonders too (no problem with moisture ever)
A natural hair brush for clearing off the really stuck gunk & then a fine sponge brush & cleaning alcohol as a last ditch.

I have used this combination on multiple devices, primarily, PCs & Some old amplifiers :)

Chander, are you suggesting the normal vacuum cleaner or the mini ones sold on Amazon for equipment?

Chander, are you suggesting the normal vacuum cleaner or the mini ones sold on Amazon for equipment?
Most mini vaccums will be fine; I have used those, please stay away from USB powered ones - the ones that come for car cleaning are more than enough.

Also if you have a regular vaccum cleaner - instead of the brush head, use a muslin cloth to cover the nozzle and then just run it gently over everything, a bit cumbersome, but works fantastic.

Either should be fine in my opinion. Battery operated one could be convenient but may or maynot have comparable suction power. :)

If you believe the marketing - you can check out DYson - not to start a VC war - but I have a set and it makes the job super easy :)

Last edited:
I have a rather different opinion.

Vacuum Cleaners are ineffective for this job.

For mildly dirty PCBs n insides I recommend a 1 inch width paint brush... Preferably one with stuff nylon bristles.

A strong blower (like the one used to clean Airconditioner grills) is ideal for really dirty insides.

Contrary to gut feel, the strong blower cleans best & does not damage any wiring (that has been my practical experience)

I have a rather different opinion.

Vacuum Cleaners are ineffective for this job.

For mildly dirty PCBs n insides I recommend a 1 inch width paint brush... Preferably one with stuff nylon bristles.

A strong blower (like the one used to clean Airconditioner grills) is ideal for really dirty insides.

Contrary to gut feel, the strong blower cleans best & does not damage any wiring (that has been my practical experience)
I second this option.
I use this
blower.jpg

Indian Ears, I don’t see a big blower being allowed into the house :)

Anything that’s small and handy that you can recommend?

Few Vacuum Cleaner do have the functionality for blower - you may have to put the pipe on the exhaust/outlet of the blower instead of inlet .
I usually remove the filter inside to get some more power for blowing purpose, but , still does not come close to these blower.

like in Eureka F
1679579696808.png

Few Vacuum Cleaner do have the functionality for blower - you may have to put the pipe on the exhaust/outlet of the blower instead of inlet .
I usually remove the filter inside to get some more power for blowing purpose, but , still does not come close to these blower.

like in Eureka F
View attachment 75979
Yes, but the blast is never as strong...

Indian Ears, I don’t see a big blower being allowed into the house :)

Anything that’s small and handy that you can recommend?
The one I have (Chinese, costs Rs 600) fits into its cardboard box 1 foot cube.

You are welcome to borrow from me 😉

Thanks for the offer.:) I would rather buy one and keep. Can you pl share a link?

Thanks for the offer.:) I would rather buy one and keep. Can you pl share a link?
I bought mine from Lohar Chawl.

Better deals there than on Amazon.

Mine is Chinese, No brand name but Model No 9027 ;)IMG_20230323_195034__01.jpg

Claimed specification is 2.3 cubic meters per minute

Incidentally, the box is just 9 inches cube !

Here is the best Prem, a water filter, nothing available, even remotely will compare :

Since 1936 !!! Patented.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back