What happened to Koss Portapro?

tkin

So guys, this is my first post here, I came here frantically looking for Koss Portapros, I want to know what happened to them? They are out of stock everywhere, any way to acquire them locally?

Now I have few means to get one:

1. Ebay india: Koss Porta Pro Red Headphones Earphones | eBay

Now, this looks pure fake to me, red portas? And to that look at the item pic, it says "Persinal" listening :mad:

2. Shopabroadonline(ICCWorld): Is giving me a quote of 3k for them from amazon, now I dunno how safe shopabroad is, anyone here dealt with them before? Can they be trusted.

3. Bajaao.com has them, but priced like mad, 4k for porta, 4.5k for porta LE :mad:

Please comment, I'm dying to get one :sad:

PS: I own a M35, E6, Siberia Soundcard, now I want some portable audio.

Oh yes, finally Portapro comes home:

46DL9.jpg

UBLmB.jpg

BFGRn.jpg

mzRAe.jpg

h1cHL.jpg

First Impressions: Beyond groovy man, this is unbelievable, this HP is sold at 17 Pounds in UK, thats 1.3k, for 1.3k this is just a steal, bass is awesome, its different from M35, its more lively, more warm, its fun, the soundstage is very good, very balanced sound, isolation is non existent, but its open type, I turned the fan off in my room in this heat just to listen to the sound, hell yeah. And voice is more clearer than M35, this is what open headphones are all about.

This is teh cake!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will buy more of this if it ever breaks, I will keep using this phone till I die, or the company dies.

PS: I got ripped off for this, had to buy it for 4k, it used to sell for 3.6k in flipkart, its imported by Betta, and its available in select shops, this is the list. I had to buy it for full MRP as it was being sold in an Apple Store(F**k You Apple), comes with atleast one year warranty, I say one year because store says so, but look at the bottom pic by importer.

WVKyq.jpg

Don't vent at Apple store esp. with filthy language - all in your 3rd post. Atleast it provided you an option to buy when not avail in other places. Also they never forced you to buy.

Also in the last pic it clearly states limited lifetime warranty. Better read up and understand what is covered.

I too have it. welcome to the club:)
koss gives lifetime warranty. within one year, apple will fix the issue, after than you will have to contact the manufacturer.

Don't vent at Apple store esp. with filthy language - all in your 3rd post. Atleast it provided you an option to buy when not avail in other places. Also they never forced you to buy.

Also in the last pic it clearly states limited lifetime warranty. Better read up and understand what is covered.
Yes, they are asking the entire MRP, this is same for other products, the fact is flipkart used to sell them for 3.6k, pristine note used to sell them for 3.5k around, they are charging a lot.

I too have it. welcome to the club:)
koss gives lifetime warranty. within one year, apple will fix the issue, after than you will have to contact the manufacturer.
Fine with me, heard these were very durable. Hopefully will last me some time.

Guys I own 2 pairs of porta pro from year 2000. Sings the same way after 12 yrs. Only had to replace the external foam couple of times

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back