WHAT HI-FI? Show 2022

Got the mail today, from what i hear from dealers, this show won't be exciting as not many are participating.

Let's see how it goes.

Was wondering if any FMs are visiting this week and pen their visit impressions. If interesting, i could change my mind this weekend.

Acoustic Portrait has a very well priced Book Shelf + Integrated amp being launched. being in the Sub 2L category would be good if some folks who attend can give their impressions on this.

I had a preview to it some weeks back and the Sound as well as Look and finish was very impressive.

Well I visited the show today as I am in Mumbai on a visit. The show was well organised across two floors of Hotel St. Regis and there was palpable enthusiasm by both the organisers and the visitors. Being a two channel man, I did appreciate some of the two channel setups. With cost not being a reference, Sonus Faber speakers being driven by McIntosh and Rotel(Michi) amplification particularly stood out. Acoustic Portrait had on demo their Floorstanders with Valve amplification and it did sound nice. Ofcourse for audio-video enthusiasts there were a No of dedicated rooms. Worth a visit. Think I will go again tomorrow!

Wanted to visit, but the mumbai tickets in 11th hour is costing me a fortune, hence dropped the plan.

Apologising for my phone camera as it could not do justice to these beauties. The Whathifi show is on the 8th & 12th floor, St. Regis Hotel, next to Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel for those who haven't been there.
The Mcintosh with the Sonus Faber was sublime. Acoustic Portrait too sounded good. Pity they did not connect the Dynaudio's & Roksan as they were only on display. Heard the Denon with the B&W & Rotel/Michi with the Sonus Faber too. Sadly Arcam's were not connected in the McIntosh room.

Thanks General-Sound, your post piqued my interest to go there.

Attachments

• Acoustic_Portrait_setup.jpeg
    Acoustic_Portrait_setup.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Rotel_Michi_SonusFaber.jpeg
    Rotel_Michi_SonusFaber.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Roksan_amps .jpeg
    Roksan_amps .jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Monitor_Audio_spkrs.jpeg
    Monitor_Audio_spkrs.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Mcintoshamps_SonusFaber_spkr.jpeg
    Mcintoshamps_SonusFaber_spkr.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Mcintosh_with Sonus Faber.jpeg
    Mcintosh_with Sonus Faber.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Klipsh_range.jpeg
    Klipsh_range.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Klipsh_HT.jpeg
    Klipsh_HT.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Klipsh_Forte.jpeg
    Klipsh_Forte.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Jamo_speaker_range.jpeg
    Jamo_speaker_range.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Dynaudio.jpeg
    Dynaudio.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 100
  • Denon_BnW.jpeg
    Denon_BnW.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 97
  • BnW_range.jpeg
    BnW_range.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Acoustic_pre_power_amps.jpeg
    Acoustic_pre_power_amps.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Nitin K. Thanks. Good you went there and posted the photos. Beyond me, maybe I'll learn someday. As I said in another post, ears may be giving up but I went again today and somehow the Sonus Faber combo at two rooms with different amplification and the Acoustic Portrait room kept drawing me back again and again. The Acoustic Portrait sound had an undefinable sweetness, though the cost at approx 12 l for the system on demo, is far beyond my range of affordability. Unfortunately the smaller system was not on demo, though, sadly, as this costs much less and would have, I am sure , give a taste of Acoustic Portrait sound at a more affordable price point. Interesting to see the Jamo 909 speaker , open back design, on display. I had heard this a decade or so back, it was good.
Here I would like to say something. While the above systems were in the region of 10 l + ,maybe much beyond, let me reiterate that amps and speakers by Norge, Telome, Sonodyne ,Cosmic, Pulz and many other Indian manufacturers sound/sounded astonishingly good at much lower price points and made many of us so happy. Let the music play on play on.

Nitin K. Thanks. Good you went there and posted the photos. Beyond me, maybe I'll learn someday. As I said in another post, ears may be giving up but I went again today and somehow the Sonus Faber combo at two rooms with different amplification and the Acoustic Portrait room kept drawing me back again and again. The Acoustic Portrait sound had an undefinable sweetness, though the cost at approx 12 l for the system on demo, is far beyond my range of affordability. Unfortunately the smaller system was not on demo, though, sadly, as this costs much less and would have, I am sure , give a taste of Acoustic Portrait sound at a more affordable price point. Interesting to see the Jamo 909 speaker , open back design, on display. I had heard this a decade or so back, it was good.
Here I would like to say something. While the above systems were in the region of 10 l + ,maybe much beyond, let me reiterate that amps and speakers by Norge, Telome, Sonodyne ,Cosmic, Pulz and many other Indian manufacturers sound/sounded astonishingly good at much lower price points and made many of us so happy. Let the music play on play on.
The Acoustic portrait system playing there is the top of their line. I have heard them extensively. They are truly high end. IMHO.
Mac and SF don't work well together IMHO.

Visited WhatHiFi2022 show @ St.Regis today.....

impressed with demo of Dynavoice speaker system........

also impressed with XGIMI portable projectors......very compact....
saw demo of their upcoming portable projector (slightly bigger than tatasky setupbox). very impressive
it's launching in August 22....

upset with PTC pavilion, they were not explaining well to end users, they were more interested in dealers..

Wow great to hear about the show. Do keep posting the impressions on various setups there.

Would request members visiting tomorrow to make note of any wire less speaker systems for a Home Theater and update about them. Also if one could compare Center channel speakers on display would be a huge favor.

MaSh

Back