what i want in a subwoofer?

manu4panjab

brothers brothers

i want to clarify one thing that i want a sub that has a earthquake type bass i mean to say( my room is 12 feet wide,20 feet long and 10 feet high ) i want room shaking bass

i know i know about buttkickers i already plan it but i want a sub too

you know i mean chest hitting bass you know like a he-man type bass:D

brothers brothers

i want to clarify one thing that i want a sub that has a earthquake type bass i mean to say( my room is 12 feet wide,20 feet long and 10 feet high ) i want room shaking bass

go for klipsch synergy sub 12. It has a truck full of of shitty bass.:lol:

Well the only one that I've encountered with lots of boom boom is the Logitech Z5500. Not really refined and definitely not for music, but great for gamers.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it's certainly worth a demo. It will rattle the window panes and shake things up especially with multiple subs and they are cheaper too at around 20K or so.

Watch this video about 3 Logitech Z5500 subs in action.

YouTube - Three Logitech Z-5500 Subs SPL Test

brothers brothers

Hi manu4panjab,

this is what you need -

Two JL Audio Fathom f113 subwoofers produced dramatic changes in my audio system. Never before had new audio gear reshaped the depth and width of the soundstage, doubled the dynamic range, and increased the transparency, all at the same time.

The Fathoms reproduction of double bass had ear-boggling dynamics and pace.
Larry Greenhill, Sterephile, September 2007

but if you buy these, you will have to buy a suit to match the high-class button! -

Ha ha Suri bro, our good brother Manu is not looking for anything like soundstage, depth, width, dynamics, or transparency. He just wants bass that will hit him in the chest, rattle the window panes, shake the floor, and shake everything in the room like the sofa, etc. I've experienced an earthquake once though only for say 4 seconds but it was an earth shattering experience. I'm sure that's the earthquake kind of experience our brother Manu wants. I guess we need to contact Universal Studios for them to design a room that will shake and rattle along with the woofer.

Hi manu4panjab,

this is what you need -

Two JL Audio Fathom f113 subwoofers produced dramatic changes in my audio system. Never before had new audio gear reshaped the depth and width of the soundstage, doubled the dynamic range, and increased the transparency, all at the same time.

The Fathoms reproduction of double bass had ear-boggling dynamics and pace.
Larry Greenhill, Sterephile, September 2007

but if you buy these, you will have to buy a suit to match the high-class button! -

brothers brothers

A sign of a good sub is flat frequency response curve

JL fathom is superb in that. So are
HSU VTF3 MK2
SVS PB13-Ultra

for a lot cheaper. And yes it will shake your walls and foundations for frequencies which you cant hear

Hi,

Manu, you might find this interesting.You want to rock your house this is the way to go.

The sound system designed/used to show off the sound track of the movie Earthquake actually damaged theaters.

From the WIKI article

The use of Sensurround created some controversy as theaters were damaged, theater-adjacent businesses disrupted, patrons became sick and in one documented claim, a moviegoer suffered cracked ribs.[2]

Sensurround - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards
Rajiv

Hi,

Can I suggest a simpler solution? A mixture of buttkicker and a sub.

Get a decently powered sub and place it under the chair /sofa you use for viewing TV/movies. It should be in contact with the chair/ sofa.

I had done it accidentally. it works well with movies.But..But.. it gives a very odd feeling while listening to music.:eek: earthquake coming in and going out in rhythm!! besides that, shaking window panes are likely to take away the joy of listening.

another, probably theoretical thing, one may decide exactly what he wants to be shaking, find the resonating frequency of that thing, say window panes and design a sub with that resonating frequency. you will get shaking window panes with relatively low power and size of sub.:cool:

Have you considered the Seaton Submersive?

Many many positive reviews about this sub several of whom were pre-owners of SVS, HSU and Fathoms and moved on the the Submersive. Look at the FR graph on that page - 100dB at 18 Hz - and 80dB at 8Hz - that too when measured outdoors without any room gains!

Manu bhai, I have an idea....

For this Diwali, how about making sub woofer replica and stuffing it with some solid Diwali bombs and then lighting the fuse, and...Baaaamm! :D

Wish you all a Happy Diwali in advance!

Statutory Warning: Do not try this inside your home theater!

Manu bhai, I have an idea....

For this Diwali, how about making sub woofer replica and stuffing it with some solid Diwali bombs and then lighting the fuse, and...Baaaamm! :D

Wish you all a Happy Diwali in advance!

Statutory Warning: Do not try this inside your home theater!

hahhahahahaahaa that's superb man superb

happyyyyyyyyyyyyyy diwaliiiiii yaar

Last edited:
Have you considered the Seaton Submersive?

Many many positive reviews about this sub several of whom were pre-owners of SVS, HSU and Fathoms and moved on the the Submersive. Look at the FR graph on that page - 100dB at 18 Hz - and 80dB at 8Hz - that too when measured outdoors without any room gains!

i know about this sub brother but don't know where to buy it coz seaton submersive site is under construction

manu

I can tell you the prices for SVS and JL but unfortunately not aware of HSu prices. The SVS is for $1699 in gloss black else for 1599 in other wood veneer colours. The jl audio is for $3700 in gloss black.

I hope it helps,

swatantra

"The Anthem takes your room apart, shifting walls and ceilings to create a broad sonic vista as spacious and atmospheric as the biggest cinema." - What HiFi on Anthem Statement D2v/P5....59kg leviathan rated at an epic 325W each, rising to a scary 500W per channel into 4-ohm speakers."

Enjoy!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back