What is the landed price of the Onkyo 809 in Mumbai?

gautamz

I have an Onkyo 705, thinking of upgrading for better sound and video features.

I have heard good things about the Onkyo 809 and it has (on paper) excellent video handling capabilities, so was wondering how much it would set me back.

I have heard the Anthem 500 and while it sounds terrific, it lacks the video features I am looking for.

Any idea how the Onkyo 809 compares to the Marantz SR7005, the other receiver I am considering?

It will mostly be used to link up a BDP, a PS3 and a satellite box to my TV, hooked up to a 3.1 Dali Ikon HT setup.
Used 60% TV, 25% Movie and 15% Music.

Which reminds me, I am looking to pick up a set of Dali Ikon On-Walls? Where can I get these, and are there any better/more VFM alternatives for rear/surround speakers?

The Onkyo 809 costs around Rs 57,000 in Mumbai. The Onkyo's only drawback would be the much debated 'over heating' issue and I am not sure if that has been addressed in the newer models.

You have been an Onkyo user.. did you face this problem in your existing setup?

As for the rear speakers you can also consider the Monitor Audio RXFX which cost roughly Rs 50,000.

57K --- for a US direct import? Whoa...
Would this be a 110V unit or 230V? Wouldn't want a 110V, too many hassles.

Can you please PM me the dealer contact. Thanks.

The 705 heats up, but no more than other amps I have used and its not so hot you cannot put your hand on the cover. So its never bothered me.

57K --- for a US direct import? Whoa...
Would this be a 110V unit or 230V? Wouldn't want a 110V, too many hassles.

Can you please PM me the dealer contact. Thanks.

The 705 heats up, but no more than other amps I have used and its not so hot you cannot put your hand on the cover. So its never bothered me.

This is a 110 V unit as this dealer sources all his units from US and all of them are 110 V.

I am curious to know why you think that a 110 V unit wd be troublesome as I have ordered a 110 V AVR for myself and would like to know the pros and cons.

As for the dealer's details I would pm you the needful.

Cheers !

When looking for 220V to 110V converter you need to ensure it can provide 1.5 to 2 times the peak power output of your receiver, so that it operates comfortably.

That generally means 1KW - 2KW, which becomes hefty machine and I don't have space nor would prefer something like that.

I like to have as few machines and wires as possible. There are other reasons but I am not as sold on them and the above is the sole deal breaker for me.
You can research on the net for this.

Thanks for the dealer contact, I'll look him up.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back