What is the secret of these speakers?

Bro,
You don't have to have a perfect hearing, nor an expensive/perfect equipments to be an Audiophile. All you need is love for Music (Any type) and liking for equipments (mostly any type) which reproduces it.
Regards
Correct, Hiten. But when it comes to suggesting equipments, these quality are bit necessary, imo :)

:):cool: So among JBL, Presonus, Yamaha and Klipsh, you prefer JBL.

Please do me a small favour by spending less than 5 minutes on your JBL. Play "Adal Kalaiye Devan Thanthathu". Exactly the first 20 seconds where the Mridhangam is played in its full glory. Especially the 5th and the 8th second where the tinny highs will peak and followed by the mid bass/ bass. This happens in just 2 seconds. Repeat this 20 seconds 5 times. Compare it to the original sound from Mridhangam played in similar style. Let me know how you compare the originals mridhangam to sound produced by JBL.

Also, please let me know where to audition studio monitors in Chennai.
Sure, will do.
Pro musicals used to the the dealers of equator audio and presonus. You can contact them. Now, they have more monitors, I guess.

For JBL, you can contact vision hire, chennai. I would rather suggest you to go with chennai musicals or sapthaswara or the likes for auditioning jbls.

The secreat is a speaker is a transducer and it all depends how you tame it.

As I discloused there is no true full range available accept one or two.

If I understood you right, some DIYers do feel that single FRD crossoverless drivers do sound similar to ESL. I have not heard ESL so cannot comment but yes, it’s a wall of sound for me with FR playing crossover less. The 8” drivers in OB, all of a sudden sound way bigger than their actual size and I am no longer able to pin point the source of sound.

Yogibear, is it difficult to take care the speakers in OB , since there will not be any protection for the drivers? How do you manage? Dust , moisture easily affect the drivers? Otherwise, listening to the sound of OB will be highly distinctive . Share your experience. Thank you .

:):cool: So among JBL, Presonus, Yamaha and Klipsh, you prefer JBL.

Please do me a small favour by spending less than 5 minutes on your JBL. Play "Adal Kalaiye Devan Thanthathu". Exactly the first 20 seconds where the Mridhangam is played in its full glory. Especially the 5th and the 8th second where the tinny highs will peak and followed by the mid bass/ bass. This happens in just 2 seconds. Repeat this 20 seconds 5 times. Compare it to the original sound from Mridhangam played in similar style. Let me know how you compare the originals mridhangam to sound produced by JBL.

Also, please let me know where to audition studio monitors in Chennai.
Get the song and I will take you to a friend who owns a recording studio . He does for movies and he has the JBL speakers . He got them from AVM studio I believe . he is not a fan of raja on the business front . You can audition the speakers at his place .

Thank you. Dust problem is the headache in Electrostatic units also. Will you post the photos of the front grill when it's ready?

Get the song and I will take you to a friend who owns a recording studio . He does for movies and he has the JBL speakers . He got them from AVM studio I believe . he is not a fan of raja on the business front . You can audition the speakers at his place .
Thanks for the offer. I will PM you.

@rajafan I think this is the best bet as you get to listen to those jbls for yourself. I couldn't listen to music yet as I have some issues with the internet. Please keep us posted :)

With two 15” drivers, from floor and up and the full range driver with the phase plug, it scares me to death if a family is coming down with a kid to visit. And I have to be around all the time.

My baffles are getting rebuild. The idea is to put a sliding / detachable metal painted grill or could be polished SS. To be taken off when playing. No cover needed on rear as the next design will have some nice sides.

My city is all about dust but not much I can do about it. Occasional heavy metal at high volume takes care of it !!!!

Hardly any moisture..... we rather long for it !

Are they built, pics please?

Been traveling a lot. I hope no more now. So will get down to the job. Meanwhile a lot happened on the Full Range rolling adventures. Was asked to review a new driver and was shipped one for free. It’s handcrafted with attention to some nice details. Loving it !!!
Whoa! Is it Indian made? Looking forward to some details and may be a pic.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back