What printer should I buy?

sktaliyan

Dear FMs,
I am looking to buy a printer for home use. Basically having a flexibility to take print outs at home for self n kids, whenever required. I am looking for a all in one printer with CISS kit. I don't want to buy a entry level basic deskjet as they last only for a year n then the printer head dries up. My budget is 5-7k. I had narrowed down to Canon Pixma 287 with CISS kit costing appx ?5100/- . However the dealer told me that after approx 2000 pages, the printer head needs to be changed which costs ?2000/-. Instead he suggested that I should go in for Epson printer with CISS which costs about ?9500/-. What would you suggest and if there's any other option of buying a printer n then hooking it up with compatible CISS kit.

Hi there
I am using canon pixma mx 357 with esyink CISS kit.Happy about results.
You can use esyink CISS kit with canon printer having 810 & 811 cartridge. Advantage of this combination being need to change only ink cartridge (which contains print head) if print quality degrades. In case of Epson, they are using fixed printing head with external ink supply. And even though they are sturdy if it gets damaged then it is better to change the printer due to its cost.
Check out esy.co.in for details about compatible canon models.
Hope this helps.
Have a happy printing

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back