what should I buy - YHT-299 Black or Bose CineMate 15

VikasAnand

Dear friends,

I have not much idea about home theater surround systems.

I have a Sony 50" LED 3D TV and I want to buy a home theater. I have seen two systems:
1) YHT 299 Black (5.1 Channel)
2) Bose CineMate 15 (sound bar)

I ma very confused between the two. I have tried to get a demo of YHT 299 Black but Reliance Digital guys did not arrange a good demo session. So I am not able to make comparison of YHT 299 with Bose CineMate 15.

I really love Bose sound but I think it is not a surround system like YHT-299.

I am very desperate to buy one asap. So please advise.

Thanks,
Vikas

Dear friends,

I have not much idea about home theater surround systems.

I have a Sony 50" LED 3D TV and I want to buy a home theater. I have seen two systems:
1) YHT 299 Black (5.1 Channel)
2) Bose CineMate 15 (sound bar)

I ma very confused between the two. I have tried to get a demo of YHT 299 Black but Reliance Digital guys did not arrange a good demo session. So I am not able to make comparison of YHT 299 with Bose CineMate 15.

I really love Bose sound but I think it is not a surround system like YHT-299.

I am very desperate to buy one asap. So please advise.

Thanks,
Vikas

Both are very good systems. Yamaha might provide you wigh options to upgrade your equipment in future, while that will not be possible with the Bose. What about their price difference?

Try auditioning both and decide. I would personally pick up the 299.

MaSh

Both are very good systems. Yamaha might provide you wigh options to upgrade your equipment in future, while that will not be possible with the Bose. What about their price difference?

Try auditioning both and decide. I would personally pick up the 299.

MaSh
Thanks for your opinion.

Price difference is around 8500/- +

YHT 299 - 37000/-
Bose Cinemate 15: 45500/-

I have a Bose Cinemate and a Yamaha soundbar. In my opinion though the Bose is only a soundbar, its sound is so good that I prefer it to the artificial surround of the Yamaha.

I would go for the Bose.

Shankar

Hi Vikas Anand

YHT 299 upfront is the choice to be made, unless you are brand conscious and would like simple connections and wiring....

A sound bar with subwoofer be it any brand will give you a virtual surround effect.....where as a proper 5.1 system will give you the proper effect provided you are using proper content...also the YHT 299 has a host of connectivity options.....future upgradable......

There are ample reviews about Bose worldwide...I did own a variety of Bose systems in the past and put it behind me......now have 5.1 or 7.2 proper systems and components....the decision to move away from Bose was a variety of reasons and honestly I don't think the Bose systems manufactured after 2005 is any good...it is just made of cheap materials - made in China like the rest of the electronics we get today....

The choice is yours....to decide what you want to have...all the best....

Thank you very much friends for your opinion.

Now I have to take an audition of YHT-299 because I have written earlier that Reliance Digital guys just put all the speakers in front me and played a song.

So I didn't feel any surround or theater type experience.

But when Bose was played in an open hall in Chroma (volume: only 30%), I felt like anything and within a few seconds I made my mind to buy it.

But on the basis of your opinion, I will must take an audition of YHT-299 and will decide.

Thanks,
Vikas :)

Try Pro-FX for a demo on Yamaha Receivers, they may have the correct ambience setup:

PRO FX New Delhi:

Contact Person:V S Negi
307, Raja House
30-31, Nehru Place
New Delhi - 110019

Tel: +91 98101 00942

Regards,
Rajiv

Ok friends...I will talk to Pro - FX guy this weekend and let you know. Thank you very much for your suggestions.:)

Soundbars produce virtual surround sound. A good avr with surround speakers will produce real surround sound provided the speakers are setup n positioned properly n the source file has surround sound encoded.

The best choice would be YHT299. Sound bars can never match in surround capabilities of true 5.1 system. Once you set it up with proper installation...you will forget about bose and more importantly it is upgradable

Ok friends...I will talk to Pro - FX guy this weekend and let you know. Thank you very much for your suggestions.:)

Try a reliance digital outlet. There are better chances, of them having this model.

Just incase if you want to experience Bose, you could mix their Bose AM5 2.1 passive unit with a 5.1 or a Stereo amp of your choice. If you go with a 5.1 receiver for now, you could push the Bose to the rear channel and get main stream speakers in future.

MaSh

Go for YHT299 ,you will never regret it for the surround experience.
For sound bar ,it produce virtual surround effects ,it greatly depends upon your room size and shape. In case any openings ,obstruction ,this surround effects produced by the sound bar will get affected.
Sound bars are for those ,who couldn't able to accommodate space for speakers in their room.

If you have a small room, then a good soundbar would probably be as good as a low end HTiB.

Also, soundbars are easy to connect compared to 5.1 systems and will look better than the 5.1 system and consume less space. So hear them both and then decide rather than theoretically go for any option.

Do the soundbars really create the surround effects? I wonder if the effects are as good as a "real" surround system. When I watch the "Lone Survival", I feel so good for going with a proper 5.1 instead of any virtual surround system.

I have the YHT 299 and I am satisfied with it. Of course would have loved to have a bit more powerful fronts and a bit more bass but then given in that budget its a good system.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back