What should I get - Plasma or LCD or LED?

sim_forgotten

PLEASE DO NOT CREATE MULTIPLE THREADS FOR THE SAME QUESTION - MODERATOR

Hi guyz,

This is my very first query thread in this forum. Hope to learn a lotsa stuff from the experts here and may be I will be able to help out others in near future.

I want to buy a 40 inch/37 inch TV for my drawing room. But so much choices out there, I am totally confused what should I get - Plasma, LCD or the new LED.

I have no brand preference. Any brand that suffice my needs will do. My needs are:

1) 37-42" screen
2) 100 hz motion flow (What is the difference between 100hz and 50 hz?)
3) Full HD 1080p
4) Good audio quality
5) 3-4 HDMI ports
6) USB compatibility

Usage will be mainly for Tata Sky + Occassional gaming with PC/XBOX

Now the budget - its 55k but I can stretch upto 5k more if it really worth it.

So please guyz, suggest the very best that I can get in that budget.

Awaiting your quick responses.

Thanks.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help me to decide what to get!!!!

Hi,

I am totally new to this forum. Hope to get generous help from the experts here and learn a lot of things.

Well, I want to buy a 40 inch or greater TV but cant decide what to get, LCD, LED or PLASMA - so much options are there.

My usage will be:

1. Lots of SD contents
2. Significant number of HD contents
3. Tata sky
4. Usage for gaming with X BOX

Well please help me to decide what to get. My budget is max. 60k.

Hope a quick response from all of you.

Thanks.

Re: Please help me to decide what to get!!!!

What would be your viewing distance?

the led is really brilliant but then you'll have to compromise on size. between the lcd and the plasma i prefer plasma. much more natural colours. when i comes to gaming then lcd scores over plasma

Thanks for your reply.

LEDs are way too costly. I dont wanna spend 45k+ for a 32incher TV. Please suggest some models from which I can choose in that budget.

for that budget you should get a 42" plasma. 32" will cost less. panasonic, lg, samsung are good brands that are price competitive. take a look at other threads if you want specific models.

I can spend 55k itself for the tv. If really worth it, then may be 5k more.
Can you suggest some models that I can look for?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back