What speaker configuration to buy

Percy123

I am evaluating purchase of a hi-fi system. I am buying a onkyo 575 amp and PSB speakers. I spend equal time listening to music and watching TV/movies. Hence confused about the speaker configuration. For music I'm told the best configuration is two tower speakers. But that does not give home theatre effect and that's something I'm not willing to compromise on.

At present I'm leaning towards imagine mini series - two rear, two front (2 pairs of imagine mini bookshelf) a imagine mini c centre and subseries 125 subwoofer. I'm given a quote of 2.35 lacs for this set of speakers (60k extra for the amp). I'm wondering if within this same budget I can change the configuration of speakers so that I can have my cake and eat it too (tower speakers while listening to music plus a home theatre setup for movies). I'd like to keep the budget same ie 3 lacs for amp plus speakers.

Thinking out aloud - take a PSB X2T instead of the front imagine mini bookshelf speakers, take PSB alpha b1 bookshelf speakers for the rear speakers instead of the imagine mini bookshelf. Keep the remaining unchanged ie subseries 125 subwoofer and imagine mini c centre channel. While listening to music run only the X2T tower and while watching movies run the centre, rear, subwoofer, in addition to the X2T. Does this set up make sense? Will it work with the onkyo 575?

Request - while replying if you could give solutions within the PSB brand, if possible.

Thanks!

For music I'm told the best configuration is two tower speakers.
But that does not give home theatre effect and that's something I'm not willing to compromise on.

A dual/multiple subwoofer could be better solution for both music/movies.. A subwoofer is more capable than a towers when it comes to reproducing bass..

I'd like to keep the budget same ie 3 lacs for amp plus speakers.

The suggested amplifier is sub-bar for very good budget.. IMO, you can very well do a 9.2 (5 bed speakers, 2 subwoofers, 4 height speakers) Atmos / Dts X layout, that will meet all your requirements..

Denon x 4300/Marantz SR 6012 + subs + speakers..

Request - while replying if you could give solutions within the PSB brand, if possible.

If you can overlook PSB which are very expensive here, you have tons of options.. Any specific reason you like to stay within PSB?..

Would be good if you share how big/small is your room (dimension)..

Viewing distance about 10 feet. 7-8 feet distance between the front speakers but 10 feet between rear speakers.

PSB because I've heard and researched them. Will have to spend lot of time researching others.

Could you tell me what will the amplifier you suggested cost?

Could you suggest some reliable places to buy in Mumbai? Also generally how much discount is realistic on the initial quote generally?

Could you suggest some reliable places to buy in Mumbai? Also generally how much discount is realistic on the initial quote generally?

Marantz SR 6012 sells for 112K in hifimart.com - https://www.hifimart.com/marantz-sr6012-av-receiver.html?search=marantz&description=true

Denon x 4300 should also retail for around the same price.. But dealers might push you for the newer model x 4400 where discounts wont be applicable.. Pro FX is the dealer for Denon India.. Juz try to drop in, check the aval, pricing & yes discounts if any possible..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back