what speaker i should buy for Marantz/ denon

mitra

Dear Experts
i am looking for good speaker two fs or even wall mount and one centre as a phase one of my home theater set up ...:yahoo:

budget for speakers i have kept around 55 k can stretch to 65 k

i want to use one speaker make for entire setup to keep same signature..

i am thinking of whardefle , paradigm , polk audio , boston acoustic and sonodyne...or may be Ms aviano ( if no availability issue)

i am almost zeroed on either Marantz 6006 or denon 2113...
will finalised after audition next week..Thanks to many expert in forum:signthankspin:

Please guide me which two make of speaker i should short list so i can audition them too...Please help me out...

Go for the Marantz 6006 or the 6007, as they are way cheaper in India compared to Denon. In US, the 6007 sells for almost the same price as the 3313.
For speakers, also include the KEF Q700, Q500 and the Monitor Audio Rx6 in your list.

Dear Experts
i am looking for good speaker two fs or even wall mount and one centre as a phase one of my home theater set up ...:yahoo:

budget for speakers i have kept around 55 k can stretch to 65 k

i want to use one speaker make for entire setup to keep same signature..

i am thinking of whardefle , paradigm , polk audio , boston acoustic and sonodyne...or may be Ms aviano ( if no availability issue)

i am almost zeroed on either Marantz 6006 or denon 2113...
will finalised after audition next week..Thanks to many expert in forum:signthankspin:

Please guide me which two make of speaker i should short list so i can audition them too...Please help me out...

I will let experts comment on the match for speakers, but let me comment on the AVR selection between Marantz 6006 vs Denon 2113. Both are very good AVRs, but I would prefer Marantz 6006 as it has pre-outs for all the 7 channels. Since your plan is to build your HT step-by-step, you may find a need to go for a power amplifier as well in the future. In that case, you can connect the power amplifier with Marantz 6006 through the pre-outs. This is just a suggestion in case if you have a plan to buy an amplifier in future. Other wise Denon 2113 is equally a good set.

I will let experts comment on the match for speakers, but let me comment on the AVR selection between Marantz 6006 vs Denon 2113. Both are very good AVRs, but I would prefer Marantz 6006 as it has pre-outs for all the 7 channels. Since your plan is to build your HT step-by-step, you may find a need to go for a power amplifier as well in the future. In that case, you can connect the power amplifier with Marantz 6006 through the pre-outs. This is just a suggestion in case if you have a plan to buy an amplifier in future. Other wise Denon 2113 is equally a good set.

yes i want use preout in future...so far its Marantz 6006...:clapping:

Marantz have a slightly coloured signature for their mids and so you would need a little brighter speakers like Polkaudio (RTi series), or Mordaunt Short Avianos. I like the build quality of their cabinets which seems pretty solid (Knock the cabinets and you will know). Boston are equallly good speakers for home theater use.

Wharfedales have matured sound in their midrange and soft treble. They can produce ample bass notes if required. Never heard Jamos, Paradigm, or Boston.

Go for the Marantz 6006 or the 6007, as they are way cheaper in India compared to Denon. In US, the 6007 sells for almost the same price as the 3313.
For speakers, also include the KEF Q700, Q500 and the Monitor Audio Rx6 in your list.

any idea of price mrp of monitor audio?

list of speaker
1.whardefle ,
2.paradigm ...monitor series
3.polk audio ...Rti series
4.boston acoustic
5.sonodyne
6.KEF Q700, Q500
7.Monitor Audio Rx6
8.Q acoustic package
9.Klipsch
10.Jamo

Oh PLEASE HELP ME EXPERTS ...I AM REALLY NEED OF HELP.. MY LIST OF SPEAKER INCREASING ....PLEASE ADVISE BEST THREE
BRAND WHICH FOR 2FS AND ONE CENTRE ....WHICH CAN COME AROUND 70K....HELP PLEASE I HAVE VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF SPEAKER ....OR ELSE LET ME KNOW WHICH THREE YOU WOULD HAVE CONSIDER FOR AUDITION.....

Last edited:
list of speaker
1.whardefle ,
2.paradigm ...monitor series
3.polk audio ...Rti series
4.boston acoustic
5.sonodyne
6.KEF Q700, Q500
7.Monitor Audio Rx6
8.Q acoustic package
9.Klipsch
10.Jamo

Oh PLEASE HELP ME EXPERTS ...I AM REALLY NEED OF HELP.. MY LIST OF SPEAKER INCREASING ....PLEASE ADVISE BEST THREE
BRAND WHICH FOR 2FS AND ONE CENTRE ....WHICH CAN COME AROUND 70K....HELP PLEASE I HAVE VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF SPEAKER ....OR ELSE LET ME KNOW WHICH THREE YOU WOULD HAVE CONSIDER FOR AUDITION.....

Hi,
I have listen Paradiam Monitor 9 v7,jamo 606 and polk RTI A7 with Marantz SR5006 . when Marantz pair to Paradiam and jamo ,trebles are very high and can not listen more than 2 min. and comimg to polk RTi A7,my marantz is not able to run those tower,it may be run RTi A5.

Better go and audition all modal,you may be like above combination. according to my taste I dont like those speakers .

if I wrong correct me gurus.

Last edited:
i recently purchased wharfedale moviestar 70+ for 35k and they are amazing. slightly bigger in size but deliver a very balanced sound. with your budget you can go with with paradigm(i dont remember the speaker name). my only doubt is how would they gel with your marantz 6006. i have a yamaha amp and the speakers work like a charm. wharfedale speakers are really good.

best would be to take a demo.

Dear experts i am thinking to choose below four for your comment Please guide if these speaker will be good with Marantz 6006...ideally i wanted two or max three choice to work on....

(1) Wharfedale Atlantic AT-500GE or 400GE FS
(2) Polk audio rtiA7 or rtiA5
(3) sonodyne 2504 or 2604
(4) boston acoustic A-360
(5)kef q700 or q500

Last edited:
Dear experts i am thinking to choose below four for your comment Please guide if these speaker will be good with Marantz 6006...ideally i wanted two or max three choice to work on....

(3) Polk rti A7 or A5
(5)kef q700 or q500

Better audition paradiam,jamo and polk. you may be like. based in review dont go and buy.its ur money.

Hi,
I have listen Paradiam Monitor 9 v7,jamo 606 and polk RTI A7 with Marantz SR5006 . when Marantz pair to Paradiam and jamo ,trebles are very high and can not listen more than 2 min. and comimg to polk RTi A7,my marantz is not able to run those tower,it may be run RTi A5.

Better go and audition all modal,you may be like above combination. according to my taste I dont like those speakers .

if I wrong correct me gurus.

Thanks a lot for your input...i had my doubt about Rti A7..:signthankspin:.i just posted below before reading your suggestion and i kept option for Rtia5 thinking this point only

Better audition paradiam,jamo and polk. you may be like. based in review dont go and buy.its ur money.
Yes buddy i am going to audition but i am looking forward for input like yours to short list best possible in budget....:yahoo: your comment are very helpful....:signthankspin:

Yes buddy i am going to audition but i am looking forward for input like yours to short list best possible in budget....:yahoo: your comment are very helpful....:signthankspin:

Monitor Audio RX6 cost round 80k. but I dont know whether Marantz 6006 can run or not.if it can not run,U need to buy power amp again . Ask some FM.

(5)kef q700 or q500

waiting to get some advise:sad:

Mitra,

Try to audition small speakers(Satellites) , bookshelfs and floorstanders with marantz avr. See what it can drive better at same volume levels.

(5)kef q700 or q500

out of these speakers, I prefer the KEF Q700.
Polk is purely for movies and they are not as pleasant as the KEF's for music.

Back