What speakers are outstanding value for money at 1 lakh these days..

I reviewed ls50 with pmc twenty 21, a transmission line soeaker. Pmc had better bass but not as good mid where most vocals reside.. Also they were twice as expensive.

Assuming you have good amplification, do try out Dynaudio...don't know of any Indian dealers here...try the focus 140 or 160 (bookshelf) though not sure if it's below a lakh...or lower down the line the DM series like dm 2/6...you can check out the reviews...but honestly with my limited listening experience I am yet to come across any bookshelf which can match its bass impact or tonality...

I've spent time with a Kef Q900, Polk Audio RtiA9, Usher N6361 and previous gen BE718. The Usher N model is a shade over a lac. I don't have all the knowledge or the best ears to be able to rank these speakers. What I will say is, each of these speaker brands/models offers something different and its down to what you want from a speaker. All of them are incredible value too.

My advice is your budget within 1 lakh go to Wharfedale Jade 3 otherwise KEF R300 (profx showroom price mrp 115000, you can get it for rs. 1 lakh). Wharfedale Jade suitable for guitar oriented western music (very neutral sound)

Last edited:
IMHO... between ls50 and r300, I auditioned both several times, r300 tries to emulate FS while ls50 tries to emulate reference 1 speakers from Kef. If you are into vocals go for ls50. It is the cleanest vocals you will ever hear. But if you are for heavy party music with a lot of bass and dance music, either go for ls50 with a good sub (the combined cost will be almost double) or r300

I own an ls50 for the past one year. I had initially paired them up with Marantz 7007 but Marantz was not able extract the low end juice out of the speakers. I then built a dual mono hypex nc400 amp for these speakers and that really made a lot of difference. These speakers require very good amps to drive them.

I'm speaking from my past audio listening experience to this forum. You can take it as a experienced person's advice. Take it easy...

Why not your own speaker brand (bookshelf version) from Herr Semler, if it is available still?

I think he mean Blumenhofer...Not sure if that would fall in the stipulated budget...Genuin F5 is what you were indicating I guess...

There is a pair of Genesis IM 8200 on sale on hifiads.com...worth considering IMO

If you intent to use these speakers in a 5.1 Setup through an AVR, think twice, but if you want to use for 2 Channel music listening, get the best one.

After I read the Audyssey setup recommendations, I have some doubts about setting the crossovers and setting the speakers to small etc. which will defeat the purpose of having these towers. You might as well spend the budget on good Sub woofer than towers.

My advice is your budget within 1 lakh go to Wharfedale Jade 3 otherwise KEF R300 (profx showroom price mrp 115000, you can get it for rs. 1 lakh). Wharfedale Jade suitable for guitar oriented western music (very neutral sound)

R300 Simply lovely pair of a speaker.Nice lush mid & high

Any good floorstanders around 1? The Ikon 6mk2 goes for 1 these days. Is the Usher V604 any good?

I think he mean Blumenhofer...Not sure if that would fall in the stipulated budget...Genuin F5 is what you were indicating I guess...

There is a pair of Genesis IM 8200 on sale on hifiads.com...worth considering IMO

I would like to chime in here with regards to the Genesis IM 8200. I listened to them in a friends system a few years back. The soundstage was 3d with great height, width and depth. They definitely need high quality component matching. They are 4 ohms and 88db if I remember. He was using it with a Sony ta-f333 which had mosfet outputs. If they are in good condition they are unbeatable value for anything less than 2.5 to 3 lakhs considering the extreme prices we pay in India :cool:

Last edited:
You must remember that speakers work in 'real rooms'. The acoustics of rooms vary by their size and what they are stuffed with.....furniture, carpets, doors, windows etc. Then there is the amp and the source and possibly the interconnects ( generally classified as good or not good enough !). That's enough number of variables for a 'good' speaker to sound good in one room and not so good in another room. Choice of music is also important , when evaluating the speaker!

Instead of looking for speakers that 'cost' about 100K , look for speakers that are the size you want and look for those that are rated well. Then audition it and try to get a demo at home also....that being hard with smaller dealers. Let the 100K be a ceiling for the budget .You might get something much less expensive that you are happy with. Do a Google search carefully and you will find that there are mid priced speakers that perform far better than some very expensive speakers. Don't ask me to list them out as I don't keep track of them. Speakers are a personal thing. Different people like different sounds.
Research WELL on your own. Opinions are only pointers to what's available.
Thankfully many members are willing to give 'their' opinion based on their listening experience or what they have 'read'.
However you will have to do some research on your own with the data you collect from the forum. There is no easy way out........unless you don't really care too much about what you buy as long as it is in the 'good' arena. It's your hard earned money, you have the right to do what you want with it.
Have fun. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back