What to buy, Chevrolet Beat petrol or Honda Brio

I meant the wheel not the steering feel. Obviously HPS is better but these days whether you like it or not, the entire world is moving to EPS. Even BMW which is the benchmark for steering feedback has moved to EPS - not just in the commuter cars but also in the F10 M5. Its the same with the new 911 Carrera S. The brio's steering feel is probably the best amongst the EPS hatchbacks.

The best steering feedback under 10 lacs is the Fiesta S followed by the Cedia and Figo. The fiats are decent but not close to either.

Are we still talking about beat and brio? :D

Obviously HPS is better but these days whether you like it or not, the entire world is moving to EPS. Even BMW which is the benchmark for steering feedback has moved to EPS - not just in the commuter cars but also in the F10 M5. Its the same with the new 911 Carrera S. The brio's steering feel is probably the best amongst the EPS hatchbacks.
We were taking about about EPS under 10 lakhs.
The BMWs of today are shifting to EPS for fuel efficiency, but then those units are nicely calibrated to attain that 'almost HPS like feel', since cost is not a deterrent for these luxury cars.
But EPS units in cars under 10Lakh don't have that amount of money to splurge on fine tuning their steering units. The only EPS units under 10L which have a decent amount of feel, are the ones in the Swift and new Fiesta.
Are we still talking about beat and brio? :D
Yes, related because Beat has a HPS unit:) and it's a also a pretty decent one.
The newly introduced Beat diesel has an EPS unit. Don't know if future production of Beat petrol will also sport EPS steering.

Last edited:
Since you only drive on weekends and don't drive much, buy a used small car like a Maruti 800 or Alto that serves your purpose.

Then 'invest' the remaining money into a good music system. You can even buy a Linn DS player for the money saved.

Since you only drive on weekends and don't drive much, buy a used small car like a Maruti 800 or Alto that serves your purpose.

Then 'invest' the remaining money into a good music system. You can even buy a Linn DS player for the money saved.

@Tanoj,

Now you should have understood that you posted the question in the wrong forum.. :D :eek:hyeah:

@Shivam,

Nobody buys cars for full payment.
And nobody sells music equipment on EMI. (Darn!!)

Hello friends

dispite most of you recomended to go for Honda Brio, i went for Chevy Beat

already i completed 1st century & two scratches ;) in a day, its going good so far

Thank you all

Regards

Tanoj

Hello friends

already i completed 1st century & two scratches ;) in a day, its going good so far

Thank you all

Regards

Tanoj

Smart Boy :eek:hyeah:

Hi All,

Help Needed.

I booked Hyundai Eon, and made full payment by check yesterday. Today I got a call from sales person that registration is done. And I can take the car.

Is it possible to get the Bangalore registration done in 1 day (my check got cleared yesterday itself.

Another problem is I haven't seen the car. And yesterday itself I have given strict instructions to the sales person that I would first like to have a look at the car, before it is sent for registration.

Even after my instructions, today I got a call that registration is completed.

Should I smell some foul play by the dealer. As my friends are pointing that the dealers is trying to push a car with some kind of damage or an older make (2011).

Tomorrow I am going to the showroom to sort this issue.

Please suggest what kind of action should I take.

Regards,
Guru

Hi All,

Even after my instructions, today I got a call that registration is completed.

Should I smell some foul play by the dealer. As my friends are pointing that the dealers is trying to push a car with some kind of damage or an older make (2011).

Making full payment doesn't give any right for the dealer to register it, unless you've signed in the form 20. Did you sign that form?

Ask for the VIN number of the car. Decode it to double check if the date of manufacture in the RC book and VIN are same.

Making full payment doesn't give any right for the dealer to register it, unless you've signed in the form 20. Did you sign that form?

Ask for the VIN number of the car. Decode it to double check if the date of manufacture in the RC book and VIN are same.

Yes I did sign Form 20.

Update:
Today I visited their stockyard accompanied by the sales person. And had a thorough look at the car. Also took a sheet of PDI checklist, and spent 30 minutes to complete the checklist.

I didn't find any visible patches or damages. And the odometer reads 9KM only.

The car was partially cleaned and was parked in the registered cars row.

The make was 2012, as the VIN number pointed out 'C' (for 2012).

RC book will come today, will check that later.

Seems to be a good deal, but still worried about the way they rushed and registered the car.

And the sales person, instead of being apologetic he was trying to put the blame on that I didn't inform him again on phone for the car inspection before registration.

I reminded him many times personally on the same day of booking. Seems it was not enough for him.

Hello friends

Thank you all

Regards

Tanoj

No offense but can you give reasons for going for Beat?
Must be strong enough as
I read the entire thread and everyone suggested Brio. . . .

Hello friends

Thank you all

Regards

Tanoj

May I know why opened this thread?? ;) :eek:hyeah:

Good. Go ahead and enjoy your ride.
Just double check the distance between the stockyard and RTO, and between RTO and showroom. If it isn't more than 9km, then it must be a an unused one for sure.

Thanks. As per the sales person, if registration is done by Dealer, nowadays no need to take the car to RTO. And also temporary registration is not required, because they have dealer Trade Certificate.

The RTO is around 5 KM from stockyard. I have checked few other cars odometer, they were also having a reading of around 5 to 20 KM.

Last edited:
I know the question was not to me, but couldn't resist.
Probably not easy to become a member on automotive forums, but there were some encouraging replies to thread:D. Goes to show how affable HiFivision is. And very reason i am hooked on to the forum.

May I know why opened this thread?? ;) :eek:hyeah:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back