What to buy from Switzerland/ Germany :)

So Anant, what did you finally get from Switzerland/Germany?

I remembered all the chocolate talk:licklips: on this thread when today my colleague handed over a box of Lindt Lindor Dark Chocolates which my team in Singapore had been kind enough to send:clapping:

Least I can do is share atleast a picture with you folks;)
cd6cbb65.jpg

Very bad, Santosh, very bad. I know I once distributed imaginary sweets (in my amp thread) to the forum members when my son did very well in his 12 board exam. But this is much worse :mad:.

Hehehe Asit, I remember eating those virtual chocolates on your amp thread:). I envy you and others in WB for all the delicacies you are gonna feast on .... what with Durga Puja round the corner:licklips:

Sure Kittu, drop by mate. But hurry before they vanish:eek:hyeah:

ANM have yos seen Jane Bhi Do Yaron?

Why not get Switzerland Ka Cake - THODA KHAON - THODA FENKO...

http://youtu.be/zOq6oBTAiDc

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/zOq6oBTAiDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Cockoo clock: buy it only of you are in south Germany, near the black forest- thats where the chances of getting a authentic cuckoo clock is high...made completely of wood. make sure you buy the mechanical ones (with weight hanging with chains - which run the clock and the cuckoo) and not the fake electronic ones. starts at about 100.
Hi Nindo,
Hubert Hurr is a good brand of cuckoo clock from the Black Forest Region in Germany. We have one that my dad got from Germany around 20 years ago, still working well.

Anm, you have a lovely living room. Try and get one if you still can.

Hi Nindo,
Hubert Hurr is a good brand of cuckoo clock from the Black Forest Region in Germany. We have one that my dad got from Germany around 20 years ago, still working well.

hey santosh, i got one about 3 years back...running perfect, except that one has to keep pulling the chain every 12 hrs or so. not sure about the brand, but it has 'made in germany' written at the bottom of the dial. surprisingly the shop where i got it from also gave me the name and address of their official service agent in mumbai.!

cheers

hey santosh, i got one about 3 years back...running perfect, except that one has to keep pulling the chain every 12 hrs or so. not sure about the brand, but it has 'made in germany' written at the bottom of the dial. surprisingly the shop where i got it from also gave me the name and address of their official service agent in mumbai.!

cheers
To be frank, I did not remember the name of the Cuckoo Clock. I recently saw it in a mall(Mantri Mall, Bangalore) and was curious to know how much it costs (since it was discussed on this thread). The model similar to mine is around 28k, glad we don't have to buy at today's price:clapping:. Thats when I noted the name and went back home to check. Does not say anywhere on the dial that it is a Hubert Hurr, so I looked up the manual and found the name. It is fun to wind the clock using the chain, but yeah we forget to do it most of the time and nobody takes the clock seriously to check the time. Only I keep it running by winding it 3-4 times a week, my family doesn't seem to care for it, will tell them the cost:D. Ofcourse, my son loves to see the cuckoo in action:).

Last edited:
the friend has disappeared. I think he will call me AFTER he reaches delhi, like all other US friends do these days :D

To be frank, I did not remember the name of the Cuckoo Clock. I recently saw it in a mall(Mantri Mall, Bangalore) and was curious to know how much it costs (since it was discussed on this thread). The model similar to mine is around 28k, glad we don't have to buy at today's price:clapping:. Thats when I noted the name and went back home to check. Does not say anywhere on the dial that it is a Hubert Hurr, so I looked up the manual and found the name. It is fun to wind the clock using the chain, but yeah we forget to do it most of the time and it never gets used for checking time. Only I keep it running by winding it 3-4 times a week, others at home don't seem to care for it, will tell them the cost:D. Ofcourse, my son loves to see the cuckoo in action:).

In August 1990, We traveled around by car for several days the entire Schwarzwald (black forest) area down to Lake Konstanz. This is a truly beautiful part of the world. We visited close to 20 shops for a cuckoo clock, ultimately did not end up buying one. The people from my state in Germany (Nordrhein-Westfallen) told me so many cautionary things about these clocks that we ultimately got completely confused and came back without one. You may be surprised to know that some North-South thing is there in Germany :) as well as in other countries as well including the US. Certainly the pronunciations of the same words differ. "Ich" (meaning "I") is pronounced more like "Ikh" in South Germany (and also in Austria), and it is pronounced more like "Ish" in the Northern parts. Official German pronunciation comes from the region around Hannover, as I was told.

Regards.

Hi Folks- does anyone have an idea on a good electronics store( like bestbuy, frys) in germany?? I am looking at Denon 1912, amazon is selling at a great price but wanted to know if any physical store where it can be checked out in germany?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back