What to buy from Switzerland/ Germany :)

anm

A friend is coming from switzerland. Maybe he can also visit germany. What is advised to get from there, besides chocolates and watches?

Don't think Gobble would be interested anymore .... hez got his hands full with ............. :p:licklips::D:eek:hyeah:

Hey Anant,
Not sure which ones would interest you, but here goes:
Branded Swiss Watches, Victorinox Swiss Army Knife, High Precision Instruments/Tools and ofcourse chocolates. If possible, get Beligian chocolates:licklips:

So far, no Audio products recommended?

Any other good Swiss audio products apart from the erstwhile Lenco who used to manufactures some superb Turntables?

EDIT: saw allajunaki's post

How about a top management from VW, To show how pathetic are the show-room conditions of their brand in India.
I'll make an easier one. Get back our (taxpayer's) money that is stashed away in Swiss Banks:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Anant,
If possible, get Beligian chocolates:licklips:

Yes, yes. Tell him to get Lindt dark chocolates. There was a factory of Lindt in Aachen (bordering Belgium and Holland) where I lived for 4 years. So we had plenty of LIndt at that time. The original company is Swiss, I think.

Regards.

Buy all your chocolates in Germany (even lindt !). Go to some supermarkets that the locals use and you will get good deals. Swiss prices are ridiculous across the board,specially at tourist places. Don't buy any electronics or chocolates from Switzerland ! Swiss watches are FAR cheaper in Dubai.I heard they cost less even in Mumbai ! Even the Tobler chocolates that I picked up at zurich duty free as a last moment purchase(basically to finish off some spare swiss francs) are much cheaper in Mumbai!

liquor is a good idea. I would probably ask him to get some single malt. Suggestions may continue in this direction :)

Switzerland has some pretty high end brands - Nagra, Soulution, Goldmund, Da Vinci

The list of high end German brands is almost endless.

Yes, yes. Tell him to get Lindt dark chocolates. There was a factory of Lindt in Aachen (bordering Belgium and Holland) where I lived for 4 years. So we had plenty of LIndt at that time. The original company is Swiss, I think.

Regards.

Lindt 85% is yummy if you are a dark chocolate fan like me :).

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back