what to do with a screen damaged 55inch 4K TV if service center says not repairable?

arnprasad

Hi,

I have an Iffalcon 55 inch TV which my kid bumped into and its screen is broken. Since I paid around 35-40K for it, I was hoping spending around 10K will mean a new TV screen and I need not scrap it. I have been in touch with an authorized service center who was evasive with his response and finally this week he said its not fixable. Should I take his word as final or look at other repair centers? if not repairable, does this TV have any salvage value? holding such a large screen TV at home is a waste of space and throwing it in garbage seems even worse. what are my options?IMG-20200628-WA0005.jpg

Hi,

I have an Iffalcon 55 inch TV which my kid bumped into and its screen is broken. Since I paid around 35-40K for it, I was hoping spending around 10K will mean a new TV screen and I need not scrap it. I have been in touch with an authorized service center who was evasive with his response and finally this week he said its not fixable. Should I take his word as final or look at other repair centers? if not repairable, does this TV have any salvage value? holding such a large screen TV at home is a waste of space and throwing it in garbage seems even worse. what are my options?View attachment 62140
Check with third party or multi brand service providers. They may replace it with a duplicate or second quality panel which will cost you less

And what guarantees are you getting from your kid before spending money on repairs ?
Get him a ps5 and connect it to the repaired tv.
Bet he is very careful around the tv if its his sole screen.

Because of this guarantee issue with my kid, I replaced it with a 16K Chinese projector and a 7K 120 inch screen 15 months back and he is all set. Its just that this TV is occupying space - so I either get it repaired or dump it in the dust bin.

an hour back the authorized repair guy called and said official panel is 80% of the cost of the TV itself and when i asked him whether the only option is to throw it away - he said he will buy the TV for 1K for spare parts!!!

Not really sure what the salvage value of its remaining parts are. I remember my Samsung 47 Inch full HD TV from 2007. After 4 years it stopped working and I got 10K for it!!!

will check with 3rd party repair folks...anything more than 10K isnt worth repairing.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back