What to upgrade first?

Hmm isnt it getting too complicated especially if you are just starting off? I would still advice, get a Sub for your Movies and for Music, get a simple Stereo Integrated Amplifier, better still to get one with built in DAC (Marantz PM6006 for example). Connect a Chromecast Audio to it(Optical out to Amp), feeding it wireless (WiFi) from your mobile and you should be golden to get started. Take it step by step, learn as you climb up the ladder.

MaSh

When u have such a capable amp like peachtree then why are u using crown? Also when u suggested ifi audio idsd as a pre amp was there a specific reason for that.. its a headphone amp basically.. is it because its a preamp+dac combo? How do we select a good preamp or a good dac?
Ill connect my amazon fire to my tv take the coaxial from my tv and put it in pre amp.. where would chromecast audio fit in the equation.. whats the use? And where will i attach the chromecast.. if you know any step by step video..please do share..thanks
That is exactly why i have suggested a power amp. Do not get hung-up on the iFi I recommended. You need something that has preouts and a DAC built in to get the best performance. There are loads of other options available, but I have not heard most so cannot recommend. Even Chromecast audio has a decent DAC and analog out, (which I use). The trouble with Fire stick is it an HDMI device and does not output analog. So if you want to use gaana and YouTube, Chromecast is a better option. If you get the original Chromecast, with HDMI input, you will need a DAC to do digital to analog conversion.

Guys planning to take a step at a time.. will buy a power amp first.. crown as suggested.. will take coaxial from tv feed it to power amp.. tv wud act as pre amp+dac and see how much of an improvement i feel in terms of music listening experience.. i am hoping itsba foot in the right direction.. thinking of buying it from amazon initially.. if i feel that not much has changed will return it back :)

Please don't try that. It might sound worse than what you have already. You need a pre amplifier to get the right result.

Guys planning to take a step at a time.. will buy a power amp first.. crown as suggested.. will take coaxial from tv feed it to power amp.. tv wud act as pre amp+dac and see how much of an improvement i feel in terms of music listening experience.. i am hoping itsba foot in the right direction.. thinking of buying it from amazon initially.. if i feel that not much has changed will return it back :)
Aux output from TV not coaxial. :)

Do not even think of doing that. One small mistake with the volume can prove very costly. That crown is a very good and very powerful power amp. It's capable of blowing stuff up.

Please go in for an integrated stereo amp, like the marantz I suggested. Maybe as a stage 2 or 3 you can go for separates consisting of a proper preamp and Poweramp combination like what @tuff is using. He is an experienced user and is enjoying both sides of the world with Peachtree and Crown. That crown is fantastic and needs to be used with respect and understanding. Keep it simple for now, would be my suggestion.

MaSh

You cannot directly connect RCA Audio out to your power amp.Basically u need volume control.
Your TV remote won't control the volume unless u have small volume pot in back side of the power amp.
You have to connect thru head phone jack if available then your main speakers will be mute.
If you connect Poweramp without doing those you might blow your speaker with full output of Tv pre and ext power amp.
Tc
Note - Coaxial is digital Audio out with RCA socket!!!.
Basically coaxial is single cable with multi channel signal.
Stereo integrated/AVR/ Preamp/DAC with coaxial only can recognize the audio signal from Coaxial digital out.Not the poweramp

Last edited:
Currently Cambridge Audio CAX60 is for sale in classified section for reasonable price which is the best option for you as it has in built DAC, sufficient number of input, dedicated subwoofer out and main pre out. It is well regarded amplifier with everything under one hood having great sound quality.. It may drive your Polk to optimal performance level and later on add power amp or subwoofer as budget permit. Don't make the things complicated. Think on improving source and material as well and still if you are not happy, you need to seriously replace entire setup with healthy budget.

I am sorry guys things have gotten quite confusing and scary. since i am not a pro in all this i may end up destroying everything.. initially i was of the idea of getting an integrated amplifier and calling it a day but then studying the power outputs on those things and looking and their price i thought i terms of power i am basically taking a step back.. not feeding polks something that they deserve... 300 watts and what wud i be givinng them 50 odd or so in my budget.. ill share with u what exactly is going wrong with me.. ever since i got my hts i have been comparing the same with the system in my car.. like the system there has always been the reference for me.. it has got all traditional components like tss20 dv6 woofer and all that bells and whistles.. some may call that entry level too but that kind of sound if i get at home ill be celebrating 10 year anniversary without the need of any sort of upgradation.. m not an audiophile by any means i just happen to like sweet bassy music.. people have been talking about feeding better music to be honest ill feed what i find practical.. so now if i go the integrated route can you guys suggest some really good options and explain to me like they would sound better than my AVR.. cambridge audio, NAD, parasound..please help me narrow down some stuff here things have gone here there and everywhere.

I am sorry guys things have gotten quite confusing and scary. since i am not a pro in all this i may end up destroying everything.. initially i was of the idea of getting an integrated amplifier and calling it a day but then studying the power outputs on those things and looking and their price i thought i terms of power i am basically taking a step back.. not feeding polks something that they deserve... 300 watts and what wud i be givinng them 50 odd or so in my budget.. ill share with u what exactly is going wrong with me.. ever since i got my hts i have been comparing the same with the system in my car.. like the system there has always been the reference for me.. it has got all traditional components like tss20 dv6 woofer and all that bells and whistles.. some may call that entry level too but that kind of sound if i get at home ill be celebrating 10 year anniversary without the need of any sort of upgradation.. m not an audiophile by any means i just happen to like sweet bassy music.. people have been talking about feeding better music to be honest ill feed what i find practical.. so now if i go the integrated route can you guys suggest some really good options and explain to me like they would sound better than my AVR.. cambridge audio, NAD, parasound..please help me narrow down some stuff here things have gone here there and everywhere.

Give us a budget you are comfy with and I am sure members can recommend options that might be suitable.

Give us a budget you are comfy with and I am sure members can recommend options that might be suitable.

See if you suggest something around 60k in india..ill anyhow try to get a sweet deal.. i have friend coming from US.. dubai is also an option and i wont hesistate going the second hand route. So you may take 60k on an upper side..and if u guys think +-10 can help sweeten the spot then also suggestions are welcome.

@Akshit2111 Have you tried moving the speakers around? One of the most important things you can do before you spend any money is to make sure that speaker positioning is well optimized. What kind of music do you generally listen to? In comparision, what do you feel is missing. As someone suggested , adding a subwoofer might give you that sweet deep bass feeling. This should keep your budget low and have a more room feeling sound( like in your car). If you find high's sharp, you may need to cover your walls a bit with some wall rugs or curtains. Sound in a car is more ambient, where imaging and soundstage go for a toss, as the car itself acts as a room boundary.

I find that the sweetness in music is missing.. speaker placememt i have tried multiple times not much room left there..playing at loud volumes i feel harshness in sound.. when i got speaker he played it through an amplifier.. it sounded really good.. felt as if subwoofer is not required at all..

Crown XLS 1502 ver 2 is indeed a good option suggest by members. Version 2 has been tune to home use also. Within your budget you can by Crown and a good quality pre amp with multiple inputs and in built DAC. All the way CA, NAD and Parasound always sound better with matching speakers , so audition with your speakers is must. I am really impressed with CA CAX80 which has great looks,sufficient power ,good sound quality with multiple inputs and features . Polk are little bright with shrill in top end needs careful matching of amplifier.

One more bizarre thing i notice is that when playing music through fire tv attached directly through AVR OR bluetooth.. the bass is heavy but voice lacks sweetness.. it has power but not sweetness.. and whn i play music through youtube on my TV then clarity gets better but lacks power.. and both at high volume seem little harsh..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back