What to upgrade first?

https://www.amazon.in/Yamaha-MusicC...scsubtag=a9e44dd5-5c90-4db6-b226-30deaf6a9d13

Suggested by a fellow member.. this yamaha serves as a pre amplifier cum music streaming device and that too with remote.. can i use this setup.. ill take the pre outs and attacg it to crown? Will this pre amo be compatible with crown xls 1502.. since this has bt Wi-Fi.. things wud be alot easier.. please let me know your thiughts on this one.
Although i have not heard it or used it, I would say this and the crown should do wonders. Go for it. Should fit in your budget. This has an excellent DAC the ESS Sabre which is excellent.

M quite relieved! Where did you read about the dac?
So finally yamaha wxc50 (pre amp) and crown xls 1502 (power amp) wud be the way to go! I am sure there are no compatibility issues.. more inputs are welcomed in this setup

M quite relieved! Where did you read about the dac?
So finally yamaha wxc50 (pre amp) and crown xls 1502 (power amp) wud be the way to go! I am sure there are no compatibility issues.. more inputs are welcomed in this setup

I had used wxc 50 before, one of the best preamp, dac and streamer for the price, its uses sabre series dac which used in highend yamaha amps..its gives surprisingly awesome sound quality, you can go blindly with wxc 50.

Thanks everyone for your contribution.. much obliged..
So i have pretty much decided what is to be done.. just befire pulling the trigger want to know what things are to be kept in mind before using a power amplifier.. if you experienced ppl out their can share your wisdom with me. Many members had advised to be cautious..

2) if i get the preamp/dac first will i be able to attach it to my current AVR?

3) people in and around DELHI if they know from where can i get the yamaha wxc50.. its available online for 25k approx.. any alternate site or whether it'll be available cheap in the offline market.

So i have pretty much decided what is to be done.. just befire pulling the trigger want to know what things are to be kept in mind before using a power amplifier.. if you experienced ppl out their can share your wisdom with me. Many members had advised to be cautious..

3) people in and around DELHI if they know from where can i get the yamaha wxc50.. its available online for 25k approx.. any alternate site or whether it'll be available cheap in the offline market.
The used one on forum is just 40 days old. Consider that..

if you search in offline shops it will be available less than 25k

If you get the Crown, dont worry about blowing up the speakers. It has gain controls at the front. Most home use power amps do not have gain controls, except the high end ones. (yet another advantage of getting the Crown XLS 1502 ;)). Yamaha wxc has analog out which you connect it to the Pioneers line in, whilst setting the Yamaha WCX 50 in player mode. (There is a button on the back to set it as a Preamp or Player as shown in the video). If you see noticiable improvement in the highs and mids, You might think of getting the power amp to add to the midrange sweetness and bass slam. Whilst connecting to the power amp, you need to switch the Yamaha from player mode to preamp mode. So for now, hold the power amp, get the yamaha and see how it performs. Look at the video again, it has those explanation.

If you get the Crown, dont worry about blowing up the speakers. It has gain controls at the front. Most home use power amps do not have gain controls, except the high end ones. (yet another advantage of getting the Crown XLS 1502 ;)). Yamaha wxc has analog out which you connect it to the Pioneers line in, whilst setting the Yamaha WCX 50 in player mode. (There is a button on the back to set it as a Preamp or Player as shown in the video). If you see noticiable improvement in the highs and mids, You might think of getting the power amp to add to the midrange sweetness and bass slam. Whilst connecting to the power amp, you need to switch the Yamaha from player mode to preamp mode. So for now, hold the power amp, get the yamaha and see how it performs. Look at the video again, it has those explanation.

Ya thinking of doing this.. planning to get yamaha first.. just curious when we switch it to player mode it becomes a separate DAC for my AVR?

Ya thinking of doing this.. planning to get yamaha first.. just curious when we switch it to player mode it becomes a separate DAC for my AVR?
Yes i think its uses own ess dac in both player mode and preamp mode when connect with analogue out..

The music lacks clarity primarily.. when i directly play audio through youtube on my tv(smart tv) then the sound is clear but lacks power.. when i play it through bluetooth or fire stick then it has power but lacks clarity.
I dont have a subwoofer as of now.
Crossover is set at 80hz
And yes i hear my music on stereo
And adding dvd's or listening to music on blu ray players is not practical for me so my primary source would always be youtube and other audio streaming options.
Then it clearly shows you need to upgrade your AVR first... Wih your budget of 60 k you can get very good Stereo amplifier.. (Try to get >120 watts RMS stereo amplifier , As i mentioned in the previous post you may check crown stereo amplifier (budget amplifier with high power wattage). i also wanted to try..
Since you have floor standers , You may not need sub for now for music listening.. You may add it later if you think LFE is missing ...

You may go down to 50 -60 hz crossover since you dont have sub ... FS are capable of handling frequency till 50 hz (some high end FS even go below 20 hz)

Then it clearly shows you need to upgrade your AVR first... Wih your budget of 60 k you can get very good Stereo amplifier.. (Try to get >120 watts RMS stereo amplifier , As i mentioned in the previous post you may check crown stereo amplifier (budget amplifier with high power wattage). i also wanted to try..
Since you have floor standers , You may not need sub for now for music listening.. You may add it later if you think LFE is missing ...

You may go down to 50 -60 hz crossover since you dont have sub ... FS are capable of handling frequency till 50 hz (some high end FS even go below 20 hz)
He has Rti a7
They are rated at 35hz +/-3db
In room performance with a good amplifier will be below 30hz.

As @tuff said get the yamaha first and then think of crown XLS1502 ...
Crown is very good power amp..midrange and vocals are magical...even amps costing 20 times will not match its performance according to me...others may disagree...secondly it needs a lot of burning...everyday you will get surprises by this amp..so dont judge this amp on first day....start with yamaha first..

Yes i am going the crown route.. since i cant take audition in my area i am probably going by word of mouth.. yamaha and crown wud be the way to go..

Guys m planning to buy crown amplifier from here in india..
And for the yamaha one ill try look in dubai if i get a good price.. for pre amp i guess buying without bill wont be much of a risk..

There are two things i wud like to know
1) which dac is more superior the ess sabre or burr brown.
2) whether buying a blu ray player from dubai is feasible? Are they region locked?
3) my tv is 4k , avr is well equipped with 4k capability then it makes more sense that i shud be going for a 4k blu ray player.. if yes then if anyone can suggest a cheap and best option..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back