What to upgrade first?

Guys just to be on a safer side should i consider cls 1002? It is 215 watts @ 8 ohms.. everything is same safe for power ratings..

I didn't read all the replies but i just saw your room pic, i would suggest rather than upgrading avr you should 1st try changing speaker position and diy room acoustic it will make big difference. Also you can try changing cables like speaker cable hdmi and power supply.

You already have good setup for the room size, pioneer is good amp.

Also if you are looking for power amp consider emotiva a300 in your list.

Placement is crucial, even an inch moving away or to side or rear wall change sound.

I didn't read all the replies but i just saw your room pic, i would suggest rather than upgrading avr you should 1st try changing speaker position and diy room acoustic it will make big difference. Also you can try changing cables like speaker cable hdmi and power supply.

You already have good setup for the room size, pioneer is good amp.

Also if you are looking for power amp consider emotiva a300 in your list.

Placement is crucial, even an inch moving away or to side or rear wall change sound.

There actually is not much room left for movement.. moreover when the sound coming from speaker at higher volumes is a little muffled then i guess we cant blame the room acoustics.. my biggest fear to be very honest is someone telling me that theres something wrong with ur ears as the sound coming from pioneer is absolutely fine (lol) .. but nevertheless one thing is quite certain that an Int amplifier or a separate amp wud produce better sound as compared to an AVR! So lets see what we witness..

Guys just to be on a safer side should i consider cls 1002? It is 215 watts @ 8 ohms.. everything is same safe for power ratings..
Nope. The 1002 has higher noise floor that the 1502 onward. It will not sound as good. There is no chance to blow those Polk speakers imo if you use the preamp. If it starts distorting at higher volumes, you will know before anything blows up. Here is a much better explanation. Do watch.

There actually is not much room left for movement.. moreover when the sound coming from speaker at higher volumes is a little muffled then i guess we cant blame the room acoustics.. my biggest fear to be very honest is someone telling me that theres something wrong with ur ears as the sound coming from pioneer is absolutely fine (lol) .. but nevertheless one thing is quite certain that an Int amplifier or a separate amp wud produce better sound as compared to an AVR! So lets see what we witness..
Definitely integrated amp will give much improved stereo experience.

But as u already have 831 u can just add power amp, emotiva a300 is very good and clean power amp.

If you want to enjoy music dont be misguided go for an audiophile amplifier you wont repent for lifetime I am not interested to write up peragraphs please take time to decide and then act.I cannot give any suggestion blindly to what I have listened so honestly I suggest if you want to enjoy music go for a good amo and good speakers and a dac.

Dear Mr. @flute , I know you are a man of few words. But may I ask you why you refrain from suggesting something that the OP might find useful?
We are looking at a criteria where budget is quiet low. 25k to 30k (Rupees). If you can suggest an Audiophile amplifier withing that budget, i would be greatful and might get one. Thank you.

Nope. The 1002 has higher noise floor that the 1502 onward. It will not sound as good. There is no chance to blow those Polk speakers imo if you use the preamp. If it starts distorting at higher volumes, you will know before anything blows up. Here is a much better explanation. Do watch.

Thanks

From my little experience, things that would make obvious difference for a Stereo setup ; ranked as per my own experience

1. Speakers
2. Source / DAC
3. Amplifiers
4. Speaker Positioning
5. Power Cable / PSU Upgrades
6. Isolation
7. Interconnects
8. Room Acoustics
9. Speaker Wires
10. Cable Management / Iso Transformer and other Hifi Aesthetics

While everyone of the above is equally important for a discerning audiophile, Trust me, most of us common folks will be extremely happy if you get the top 4 items right. The Top 5 of this list would nearly get you 90% of the sound you'll like / love. The Remaining 10% is where the difference(in varying degrees) lies between great and good setups.

Guys an update..! Received yamaha preamp! Been listening to music.. so far can say theres a 10% percent improvement in clarity.. will share my observations by tomorrow...

Attachments

• 20181014_171109.jpg
    20181014_171109.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20181014_170927.jpg
    20181014_170927.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20181014-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20181014-WA0011.jpeg
    918.3 KB · Views: 28
Currently not using it as a preamp.. since its streamer cum preamp so far have connected it to my AVR and played songs through music cast..

Currently not using it as a preamp.. since its streamer cum preamp so far have connected it to my AVR and played songs through music cast..
When i had it used with Marantz pm7005 , i selected player mode only, i felt that it is the best optimised sound output than preamp mode..

I couldn't follow the whole discussion, pardon me if this has already been discussed.
RTI a7 are amazing speakers, your AVR seems to be the weakest link for listener with 80% orientation towards music.
I don't know your budget also, but according to the discussion from PMs you've sent...

I'd suggest you to go with Marantz 7025 2 Ch power amp. Those speakers need good power to perform adequately (I owned RTI a5 earlier and I was amazed at the SQ when driven by sufficient stereo amp) so since you have a Swiss knife of digital audio ( read Yamaha Wxc50) a power amp ( any brand should do, I'm just suggesting Marantz coz it pairs well with Polk RTI) with wattage rating above 100 wpc is what you should be looking at. Power amp will give you a flexibility to accommodate easily when you upgrade to an AVR with preouts.

Alternatively you could look at good analog integrated amps with similar power rating. Go for pre-owned amps if the new one don't fit the budget. Listen at FMs place or audition rooms before taking a call.

I couldn't follow the whole discussion, pardon me if this has already been discussed.
RTI a7 are amazing speakers, your AVR seems to be the weakest link for listener with 80% orientation towards music.
I don't know your budget also, but according to the discussion from PMs you've sent...

I'd suggest you to go with Marantz 7025 2 Ch power amp. Those speakers need good power to perform adequately (I owned RTI a5 earlier and I was amazed at the SQ when driven by sufficient stereo amp) so since you have a Swiss knife of digital audio ( read Yamaha Wxc50) a power amp ( any brand should do, I'm just suggesting Marantz coz it pairs well with Polk RTI) with wattage rating above 100 wpc is what you should be looking at. Power amp will give you a flexibility to accommodate easily when you upgrade to an AVR with preouts.

Alternatively you could look at good analog integrated amps with similar power rating. Go for pre-owned amps if the new one don't fit the budget. Listen at FMs place or audition rooms before taking a call.

As the title clearly says "what to.upgrade first" ! Since i had a fixed budget i wanted to know in which directioj should i move first.. like which upgrade wud be give me good bank for my buck.. so the situation itself was littlr tricky.. my AVR U can say was the weakest link some may say u dont have a subwoofer some may say that ur room acoustics are not favourable some say that those speakers need more power so you are not driving them to their full potential.. if budget was not a restriction then the whole thread was pointless.. there was such a long discussion as everyone gave their input on what shoudl be improved first!
Then as suggested by FM.. we agreed on that first we need to feed them with a good power amp.. thus came crown in the picture.. so for running crown had to buy a preamp..which is this Yamaha preamp..
Which part of my DM OR THIS THREAD U DID NOT FOLLOW?

Which part of my DM OR THIS THREAD U DID NOT FOLLOW?
Budget? You mentioned 60k for upgrading AVR and you have already bought the WXC50. I assume somewhere in the range of 30-35k now.

we need to feed them with a good power amp.. thus came crown in the picture
Yes , You need a good power amp or integrated to drive RTI A7s , this has been my experience with A5s, so no doubts on that. You need to upgrade your stereo Amp first, IMHO.
Crown is a professional amp designed to go loud and may not be good choice for audiophile purposes. I have listened many Pro amps in Parties and was never happy in audiophile sense. I recently listened to Crown XLS 1502 at my home and it lacked the refinement I am looking for. But the problem is with my Yardsticks which may not be correct to judge the Pro amp. But to be frank I'd consider them for HT purposes but not for critical stereo listening.
Having said that, Crown provide unparalleled VFM; and at 25K offerings from the audiophile brands are not upto the mark. I would prefer Crown XLS 1502 over other offerings from Marantz and CA in that price range. Yamaha & Onkyo do offer stereo integrated amps in slightly higher price range which should be considered in my opinion. Polks are bright and tend to get harsh if not properly matched, the Crown again may not be a good choice with brighter speakers. Again these suggestions are mostly subjective in nature, you are a better judge for your listening preferences. Ideally if you could get a Crown XLS for home audition you can decide for yourself.

my AVR U can say was the weakest link some may say u dont have a subwoofer some may say that ur room acoustics are not favourable some say that
Yes I stand with the suggestion of getting a stereo amp instead of sub-woofer. A7s have adequate bass if driven with adequate power and integrating a Sub in a stereo system seamlessly is a challenge in itself. Also good Subs for music purposes cost a lot more than the budget intended.

Another option is buying used Amps. This is again maybe out of your budget but worth a consideration.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...ound-receiver-with-bluetooth-and-wi-fi.72039/

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back