What type of speaker will serve my need?

crazytarun

Hello to all forum experts...

I need advice on what kind of speaker or soundbar should i look for to meet my requirements:

1. Play sound from my TV on an external speaker with better sound. It will mostly be used for Live HD TV channels or for movies being played from my WDTV Media player
2. Play music wirelessly from my phone or from online apps played via phone
3. I need to mount it on the wall and cant leave it on the floor due to small children in house

Please advice what should I buy to meet my requirements. Budget is not a constraint but would like to keep it to a minimum as this is a short term solution and wont be used for long.

Thanks
tarun

Looking at your criteria especially 3 :) i think the best fit will be soundbar as you can wall mount it with ease & most of these comes with wireless sub too hence you can place it anywhere in the corner of the room where its out of little once reach. I know it difficult however will have to maintain some control measures :lol:

There are some good ones avbl in market starting 20k all the way upto 1.5 lacs with all the features your looking for including Dolby Atmos / DTS:X support. Again Key is audition it personally & then decide.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Budget?
OK I will write my thoughts in the abscence of a budget.
I had a child too and I worried...but children can be trained towards discipline. And if you could make them "feel" that you care about those things then they are quite likely to not mess with them.

Buy good spkrs as they will last a decade or more easily.

Choice 1- All in one
Q Acoustics BT3 bluetooth spkrs.

Choice 2 - separates
Audioquest beetle bluetooth dac
Amp with spkrs or active spkrs (many options on online shops like hifimart)

Choice 3 - low budget
Bluetooth spkr like Cambridge audio minx go mounted on TV.

For better sound quality take the digital out from your set top box directly to your spkr. It is likely to have a better dac than your set top box esp if its a good spkr (in the range of choices 1 or 2 above)

What's your budget ? If you want the speakers for TV viewing only and play music from wireless devices, soundbar is a good option for you. JBL SB350 is a good option. If you want speakers and not soundbar, Cambridge Audio One is quite nice and you can wall-mount them speakers.

Hello to all forum experts...

I need advice on what kind of speaker or soundbar should i look for to meet my requirements:

1. Play sound from my TV on an external speaker with better sound. It will mostly be used for Live HD TV channels or for movies being played from my WDTV Media player
2. Play music wirelessly from my phone or from online apps played via phone
3. I need to mount it on the wall and cant leave it on the floor due to small children in house

Please advice what should I buy to meet my requirements. Budget is not a constraint but would like to keep it to a minimum as this is a short term solution and wont be used for long.

Thanks
tarun
Have you checked this? Seems to fit your requirements to the T. Not very expensive either. Try auditioning it in one if the Bose stores.

Bose Solo 5 TV sound system

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Last edited:
thanks guys for all the suggestions.. let me look at these in market and the possibility of auditions.. budget is in range of $300-$400

thanks guys for all the suggestions.. let me look at these in market and the possibility of auditions.. budget is in range of $300-$400
Are you planning to buy in the US or India? That budget will get you different stuff in US and India.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

If you budget is $300-400, you can check KEF Q300, Elac Debut B6, Monitor BX2, Dali Zensor 1, Wharfedale Diamond 220, B&W 685 S2, etc.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back