what would u recommend- Dali Vs Klipsch

krishna84

hi to all audio guru's. plz help me decide speakers for living room before i start audition in the weeks to come in chennai. plz help me find the right setup.

room size - 18 ft * 22 ft
usage - 80% movies & 20% music
budget 1.2 L
future proof
esthetic appearance of speakers is also important

i have decided to buy Denon x1200w avr

speakers
combo 1 - dali Zensor 5 + zensor Vokal + Zensor 3
combo 2- Klipsch r24F + Klipsch 25 C + R 14s
combo 3- wharfedale diamond 220

subwoofers

i have read rave reviews bout both velodyne and Bic america .There are no dealers in chennai for both the brands & hence i will have to buy them on the advice of the forum members.

velodyne impact 12
bic america F12
Boston acoustics ASW 650

kindly suggest me the wat speaker + subwoofer combo to buy. thank u all

For Wharfedale / Velodyne / SVS subwoofers - Volumate Mylapore Chennai.

Denon with Klipsch would be a bit too bright for most, but have no idea how it would be for movies.

If you could lift your budget a bit, consider the NAD T 748 AVR (around 58K). You get pure NAD sound and will easily fill up the room size you specified.

If you already got the Denon, carry it along with you and listen. Let your ears decide.

Last edited:
warfedale
220 ?

have you heard them ??/

the dalis will pretty much outperform them in most apsects ( my personal opinion )

Audio Equipment is like Food

There is no clear consensus on which is better or which out performs the other
Again much like food and our individual taste buds

The only way is to audition the above speakers and choose what your ears like the best
The speakers you listed above are all decent speakers

If you are into hard pounding bass and loud sound, Klipsch is the way to go. If your taste is more gentle and melodic, Dali is your route.

Clear and accurate explanation. Klipsch are quite harsh with their horn tweeters. Dalis are much more polished and pleasant. Very much like a fire-breathing American muscle car and a balanced European Supercar. Both are good, but different.

Clear and accurate explanation. Klipsch are quite harsh with their horn tweeters. Dalis are much more polished and pleasant. Very much like a fire-breathing American muscle car and a balanced European Supercar. Both are good, but different.

I have spent time with the RF62 and RF 82 .... When paired with the right Amp and Source they are not all that bright, harsh and fatiguing . however yes the overall house sound of Klipsch is definitely not a livelier side

thanks all.
i will start my audition in a week.
will surely consider auditioning the Jamo's

which sub do u think will pair well with the Dali's / Klipsch
i was considering
a. Velodyne impact 10/12
b. Bic america F12
c. Boston acoustics ASW 650

i don't think i will be able audition Bic america as Avenue sound,Mumbai is their only distributor india.

I have spent time with the RF62 and RF 82 .... When paired with the right Amp and Source they are not all that bright, harsh and fatiguing . however yes the overall house sound of Klipsch is definitely not a livelier side

Yes. Pairing seems to be important with these American speakers. I experienced the same with Polk Audio speakers. Dali are much more pairing friendly.

thanks all.
i will start my audition in a week.
will surely consider auditioning the Jamo's

which sub do u think will pair well with the Dali's / Klipsch
i was considering
a. Velodyne impact 10/12
b. Bic america F12
c. Boston acoustics ASW 650

i don't think i will be able audition Bic america as Avenue sound,Mumbai is their only distributor india.

If you are going Klipsch route, then velodyne or SVS subwoofer should be fine. If Dali, then you can consider Dali subwoofer itself for pairing purposes.

thanks sir for u r suggestions for subwoofer.
i feel that dali have priced their speakers stratagically in india and that gives them an advantage of sorts.

but with regards to subwoofer i felt it was slightly overpriced so was considering the other options

Since your preference is for movies mostly i would suggest Klipsch. Remember, movie is also about SPL and if you have a dedicated space, you will want to play at reference SPL levels. In that case, Klipsch will do more with limited power (your receiver is entry level) since it has higher sensitivity. Please see this post for how sensitivity affects speaker output
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...s-your-speaker-need-power-vs-sensitivity.html
My vote would be for Klipsch

thanks sir for u r suggestions for subwoofer.
i feel that dali have priced their speakers stratagically in india and that gives them an advantage of sorts.

but with regards to subwoofer i felt it was slightly overpriced so was considering the other options

What did you end up buying in the end?

I am using Dali zensor 5 with denon 1200 along with martin logan 700w subwoofer. Believe me Its a great combination. Dali and Denon works perfectly with each other. As far as appearance is concerned Dali looks fabulous. It is available in range of colors like black, white and wallnut which can suit interior of the rooms.

Hi,
For BIC America F12 you can contact SurroundSwar in Chennai.
Also now, BIC America Speakers/Subwoofer audition available in Bangalore.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back