Whats wrong with MARANTZ 6013!

@Akshit2111 After seeing all the comments you have posted, it seems you need to seriously consider changing the speakers. That will give you the biggest change as most of these avr's should be able to drive satisfactorily normal 6/8 ohm speakers. I have a Yamaha rx v 477 and it could handle any floor standers that i tried. Take your time and audition as many speakers as you can and see what signature it is that you like. No amplifier in the world can match your taste if the speakers are not up to it.
Thanks tuff.. i have demoed few speakers in and around my budget didnt find anything fascinating.
And also speaker prices have increased offlate.

My choice of source is limited to whats available with the demo ppl.. they wud play blu ray cd which i wont use so i keep it simple.. though i wud obviously listen to 5 channel but i think u get a better idea about SQ in 2 channel.
If the System is revealing it would abvioulsy bring out the harshness of a non aptx hd bluetooth very easily. I cannot stand any bliettoh device still. Some amps and speakers are more forgiving on which Bluetooth may sound decent. The last Bluetooth device I had was a Astell and Kern Xb 10 adapter with aptx HD. But I ended up selling it it was jittery than my phones direct 3.5mm jack. Do not judge hifi with Bluetooth unless it's a Bluetooth speaker itself.

So went for a demo again to some other place! I dont know what the hell was wrong yesterday. The difference between performance was day and night!
One thing to note here was that yesterday the demo guy did not even attach the wifi antenna to the avr!!
I realised it while taking demo today..
Compared 5013 and 6013.. dont know how but liked 6013 much better even though the differences are subtle on paper.
Tried denon too but they had 2500 so the comparison was not valid but it is what it is!
Probably wud go with 6013...

I have auditioned Marantz SR6011 with KEF Q900,SR6012 with Monitor Audio Bronze 6 and KEF Q900 and Denon AVR x2500h with KEF Q900 but they all seems to be good combination with good sound quality. Marantz 6011/12 have very good soundstage with more than enough high frequencies details and good low end extension. All systems were auditioned in proper demo environment and calibrated for optimum performance. One system, I have auditioned and standout excellent was Anthem MRX520 with Paradigm Monitor 9. Absolutely fantastic for movies as well as music.

I have auditioned Marantz SR6011 with KEF Q900,SR6012 with Monitor Audio Bronze 6 and KEF Q900 and Denon AVR x2500h with KEF Q900 but they all seems to be good combination with good sound quality. Marantz 6011/12 have very good soundstage with more than enough high frequencies details and good low end extension. All systems were auditioned in proper demo environment and calibrated for optimum performance. One system, I have auditioned and standout excellent was Anthem MRX520 with Paradigm Monitor 9. Absolutely fantastic for movies as well as music.
Anthem is in a league of its own.. and wud definitely be out of my budget :)

So went for a demo again to some other place! I dont know what the hell was wrong yesterday. The difference between performance was day and night!
One thing to note here was that yesterday the demo guy did not even attach the wifi antenna to the avr!!
Compared 5013 and 6013.. dont know how but liked 6013 much better even though the differences are subtle on paper.
Tried denon too but they had 2500 so the comparison was not valid but it is what it is!

Haha!! The ears weren't up. No wonder BT could not connect.
5013 and 6013 are very similar specs wise; difference is in channels and calibration SW.
If you can't host more than 7 channels in your listening space, save the money for speaker upgrade later.
Or adding power amps.

The hunt is coming to a close. Good for you!!
Cheers,
Raghu

Haha!! The ears weren't up. No wonder BT could not connect.
5013 and 6013 are very similar specs wise; difference is in channels and calibration SW.
If you can't host more than 7 channels in your listening space, save the money for speaker upgrade later.
Or adding power amps.

The hunt is coming to a close. Good for you!!
Cheers,
Raghu
Yesss much relieved !

Finally you got a proper demo......atleast you know that the AVR has good capabilities.....the SR6013 is a mid segment of the SR series...let alone the mighty monster SR8012 which was launched this year..

Welcome....keep us posed on your quest for the best system.....we will try our best to steer you in closing something soon

Guys
I went to take a demo for marantz sr6013 and denon x3500h.
So first my bluetooth failed to connect with both the receivers.. like my phone just cudnt scan the bluetooth. Tried with another phone but same problem.
1) marantz sr6013
Next highly dissapointed with the sound.. like really really dissapointed. Was using 2 channel music playback on this receiver but the voice was so lean like too much if treble that i almost had a headache.. no bass also.. ( these observations on aux since bt failed to connect)..
Ps note:- i had pioneer vsx 831 which i had recently sold.. the experience was such that i thought of buying pioneer again
Tried diff settings on marantz but cudnt improve much..
2) denon x3500
The moment it connected to apple iphone xs thru bluetooth the sound had so much distortion on higher volumes that the experience at higher volumes was such as listening to a 10k amplifier.. like pathetic.. though it was loud as compared to marantz but not satisfying..

Please guys if you can help me!
Also played blu ray player still performance wasnt satisfactory.
Your inputs wud be highly appreciated !
I guess Something seriously wrong in the audition setup...either it can be poor Audyssey settings or crossover settings or other unfortunate issues..what is song u played is it mp3 or FLAC or wav format.
Normally a Bluetooth is a very lossy connection for hearing songs

Back