Where can I audition Aktimates in New Delhi?

i think aktimate demo will be available only in bangalore.. i owned aktimate mini and it`s good one..but very big for nearby listening.. if you want nearby listening like PC speakers ,go with aktimate micro.. mini is quite big for desktop..you must need to go back over 5 ft for better output from mini.. if you wish to play with ipod dock or in average sized room (upto 16*10) go with mini.. otherwise stick with micro.. in my opinion, even micro is big for desktop listening..

if money not matters to you and you need bigger and clean sound, go with wharfedale and matching seperate amp. for better clarity..

i heard MINI, it`s is quite big sound for the room size upto 10*12..but for average to bigger rooms, aktimate will compromise with their low power nature..

-suresh babu

But I have heard lots of people who:

Upgraded from:

wharfedale 9.1
wharfedale 10.1
usher s520
polk audio monitor

to Aktimate Mini and they found it a big upgrade going to aktimate from those passive speakers.

I myself heard Wharfedale 10.1 with Marantz amp on speaker stands, they were better than mine speakers in some respects but not in all, and they were not a big upgrade, a small upgrade.

And from what I have read Aktimate Mini/Micro blow the A5/A5+ out of the water whereas Wharfedale is only a small upgrade.

Aktimate Mini+ will cost me 38k while Wharf 121 + Norge 1000 gold will cost around 32k. So Wharfs are infact cheaper.

But from what I have read about people who auditioned both Wharf and Akti that Wharfs were good but Aktimate was in a different league.

I have the aktimate maxi and i am using it for desktop use but i have a largish desk.
I have been using it for around 2 years.

I think they are very very good, much better than the Audioengine, Bose companion, Klipsch Promedia options. I did listen to QAcoustics and Wharfedale before i bought them but when you compare features like ipod dock/fm, Sound quality, ease of use and the fact that they are powered i think they are a much better option for desktop use than passives.

On SQ alone i would pick them but then that's subjective.
Hope this helps.

i tested kef q300+marantz 6004 combo with aktimate mini.. definetly far more difference with the sound quality.. but i didnt heard any wharfedale speakers but i am sure it will beat aktimate mini interms of sound quality.. may be cheaper amps are not so good.. speaker and amp matching is must..

again i told , if you listen the music in nearby codition or small room, small speakers only the best way to go..most of the passive speakers(over 4.5 inchs) and bigger speakers need space for better reproduction..

mini was compete well for some old songs, but not enough to compete with seperate combo..

comparing with audio engine a5 with mini, definetly mini is better.. audio engine is little muddy and less details in mid range and highs.. but mini`s treble is also not soft.. for open place mini is OK..

bass from mini is OK , it`s little flat.. i found the bass from small size JBL onbeat xtreme is better than mini`s bass.. in normal listening sound ,JBL easily beats aktimate mini..but for loud sound JBL little struggles to match MINI.

my personel preference is JBL onbeat xtreme than mini for normal listening.. it has superb features and great sound in bass and mid.. it`s price is around 18k only.. if possible just listen that speakers too..

-suresh babu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back