Where can I buy a soldering iron on sp road?

dinkleburg

Hello everyone!

I read a few old threads on the same, Goot and Hakko are recommended.

I would be grateful if you could provide the shop name and location on sp road.

Is it possible to buy breadboards, resistors, ICs, etc at the same place?

Thank you!

Just land up at SP Road and check. There are soldering irons everywhere...and also your other requirements.

Hello everyone!

I read a few old threads on the same, Goot and Hakko are recommended.

I would be grateful if you could provide the shop name and location on sp road.

Is it possible to buy breadboards, resistors, ICs, etc at the same place?

Thank you!

is sp road a temple or tourist place ?

ok i will tell some names dashan,adv micro,om electronics..
caution : avoid fake soldron, buy from 'OM' , hakko means darshan
recommendation :
paste :: mobile repair tube paste
solder :: most are bad try some industrial electronics shops

recommendation :

Did you omit Vishal Electronics willfully?

recommendation :

Ive been cheated before on sp road. Hence I asked for the shop name. Guess Ill be going to OM electronics tomorrow. :)

vishaltoo..those are some names many others are there, small shops who keep pretty good parts.
2sk170 i picked last time from a shop [did not see the name] that is not available anywhere..wonderful lownoise FETs used to make many phono preamps
P1020160.JPG

Boozhound Laboratories

vishaltoo..those are some names many others are there, small shops who keep pretty good parts.
2sk170 i picked last time from a shop [did not see the name] that is not available anywhere..wonderful lownoise FETs used to make many phono preamps

How much did the 2SK170s cost you? Pls note the shop next time - or
better, would it be possible to pick up some when you go next time?
I have never been able to find them here in Hyd.
TIA!

I visited sp road yesterday. I bought components at OM electronics.

I got a good wire stripper and wire cutter at amar radio corporation.

I bought the goot 40w nichrome heated soldering iron at darshan electronics.

I was able to find 60:40 (63:37 actually) rosin core solder only at Goodwill hardware(recommended for hardware and soldering stuff)

Where can I buy a helping hand/3rd hand with magnifier? (out of stock at goodwill)

Where can I buy veroboards or stripboards like these?

stripboard.jpg

Thank you

@quad 2SK170s were just 20/-each

pretinned (these dont have copper oxidation issue,costs same)veroboards u can get from the shop opposite to vishal near cable shop
@dinkleburg what you are making??

Where can I buy veroboards or stripboards like these?

At least in Pune people have stopped stocking or manufacturers have stopped manufacturing stripboards a.k.a veroboards.
The only thing that you get now are perfboards. And I find it extremely cumbersome to build anything on perfboards.
I had a real hard time to find out some old stock of stripboards with a dealer here.

As far as perfboards are concerned, you will get at any discrete electronic components seller/shop.

@quad 2SK170s were just 20/-each

pretinned (these dont have copper oxidation issue,costs same)veroboards u can get from the shop opposite to vishal near cable shop
@dinkleburg what you are making??

I just learnt how to solder this past weekend.

At least in Pune people have stopped stocking or manufacturers have stopped manufacturing stripboards a.k.a veroboards.
The only thing that you get now are perfboards. And I find it extremely cumbersome to build anything on perfboards.
I had a real hard time to find out some old stock of stripboards with a dealer here.

As far as perfboards are concerned, you will get at any discrete electronic components seller/shop.

Youre right.
Perfboards are available in abundance. I managed to obtain a single stripboard at om electronics.

for small designs go the homebrew pcb way.. homebrew pcb costs 10 -20Rs for 8x8cm board , u will save all time for wire connections and DIY work will look good

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back