Where to buy an SMSL sd 793ii?

ShutterX

Hi folks,

I wish to buy an SMSL sd 793ii DAC/headphone amp. Have been looking around for a seller who ships to India but cant really find one. My intended use is PC SPDIF to DAC to integrated amp via RCA. The headphone amp is a bonus.

Can anyone suggest where i could buy this product or suggest something else that would serve the same purpose (in a similar budget)

thanks!

Typically, these items are shipped by Hong Kong post. Indian leg of shipping is handled by India Post. Item will be delivered to your address by your area postman/postwoman.

These sellers typically do not declare the value properly. Hence, customs charges based on officer's assessment. Customs duty charged will be based on your luck. Be prepared to pay about Rs.1000 as customs. Also, item typically gets stuck in customs for a month (when sent by post and if they decide that a duty has to be levied).

Tracking usually works till it reaches India and when it goes to customs.
Let us know if you can track it after it gets out of customs and is delivered home.
You should be able to see when it comes out of customs. When it is sent to the post office of your area and when it's 'out for delivery' and finally delivery. All this used to work very well a couple of years ago. But now in some places after going to customs you see nothing for about 1 month and it suddenly gets delivered to the house with or without duty to be paid. Usually if it goes to customs and stays there for more than two days , you will end up paying duty !

Different policies are followed by different post offices in different cities. It is after all a democratic country. You are free. You can do what you want ! ;)
In this country rules are truly meant for fools...like us ! :)

Last edited:
Makes sense... and since i live in Ulta Pradesh (U.P.) There is no telling what will happen.

I friend recently ordered stuff worth $90 and had to pay about 1600 bucks of duty. Insane.

Just to ask again. Is there a suggestion from you guys? I need an Headphone Amp DAC with RCA out, or lineout. What options? Cost? Seen many other nice amp-dacs but they are all in US and importing adds to the cost. the FIIO e10 is an option but costs double of US here.

Check on Amazon. Go through the purchase procedure till you come to the last page with the complete price breakdown. Actual payment only happens after you reach here. So can then go back and delete the item from your cart ! No need to buy.

What happens is you get to see actual cost, packing and shipping cost ( normal or expedited has to be selected by you ) AND ( Indian) customs duty .
I just checked. On Amazon it's $106 including $24 for duty.
On eBay it's $65 with free shipping ! Only duty will have to be paid. That's unpredictable. Assuming they charge you 41% ( usual) , it will be $27. That's $92 . Cheaper than Amazon !

Amazon calculation is as follows:
Order Summary
Items: USD 64.99
Shipping & handling: USD 17.13
Total before tax: USD 82.12
Estimated tax to be collected: USD 0.00 ( US taxes)
Import Fees Deposit USD 23.56
Order total: USD 105.68

In Indian rupees:
Order Summary
Items: INR 4,605.60
Shipping & handling: INR 1,213.94
Total before tax: INR 5,819.54
Estimated tax to be collected: INR 0.00
Import Fees Deposit INR 1,669.61
Order total: INR 7,489.15

That makes a lot of sense. Clears a lot out. Thanks! Ebay looks better now. Let me do some more window shopping.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back