Where to buy Record Covers / Sleeves / Plastic jackets in Kolkata

pratapaditya

Hi,

I am in the process of rediscovering the LP. Replaced my old defunct Record Player, bought an used working one ( Philips AF 734 with GP 215 Cartridge).

I am in Kolkata. Had given away most of my LPs, so went on a fresh hunt at Wellington. Got some records in very good condition. However, some of the records came at a throwaway price just because the covers were badly worn out. The discs themselves are perfect.

Is there a place in Kolkata where I can get new Paper/ Cardboard Record Covers or Sleeves so I can preserve my discs? I need the plastic jackets too for some of the discs.

Sleeve are not available at kolkata.I recently purchased inner and outer LP sleeve from sleevetown.com through shopaborad. They delivered the product at your doorstep if you need any help please call me.

Sleeve are not available at kolkata.I recently purchased inner and outer LP sleeve from sleevetown.com through shopaborad. They delivered the product at your doorstep if you need any help please call me.

Hi arindamcc,

What is Shopabord?Can you provide some details.I am also looking for Lp inner sleeves from Mobile fidelity/Sleeve town.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi arindamcc,

What is Shopabord?Can you provide some details.I am also looking for Lp inner sleeves from Mobile fidelity/Sleeve town.

Regards,

Sachin

Sachin,

If you're not in a hurry, december is the time online guys have sales. I bought my inner sleeves last dec and saved quite a bit. One site has a good offer for first time buyers from hifivision. Can't get the name right now, it's on a thread I started bout discounts inner sleeves last dec or nov. Search for it. Worth making a big bulk purchase and saving. I picked up sleeves for almost my entire collection last year

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi all. recently i asked my mamma (who owns a plastic manufacturing unit) to make me the plastic covers.
i got it done for my entire collection.
i can do the same for all (without keeping any profits).
this can only be done without profits if the quantity is bulk (i can ship to any location, thats no issue but the shipping charges would apply). so if we can have a collective figure in my hand then i can place the order.
do let me know.

+1

I got my inner and outers from sleevetown.com...good stuff...

hi all. recently i asked my mamma (who owns a plastic manufacturing unit) to make me the plastic covers.
i got it done for my entire collection.
i can do the same for all (without keeping any profits).
this can only be done without profits if the quantity is bulk (i can ship to any location, thats no issue but the shipping charges would apply). so if we can have a collective figure in my hand then i can place the order.
do let me know.

HI,

I am in for outer cover,

egards,

Sachin

we should gather the collective quantity. theres no hurry as i can place the order any time. just looking for a good quantity so that it becomes cheaper for us.
i know a guy from pune selling it @ rs.3 per plastic cover and according to my mamma he is clearly earning a minimum of 50paise per cover.
he said he would let me know about the exact cost once i tell him the approx quantity. therefore i need all to pour in their demands so that i can talk further.
all of us should post this at different threads too to gather more nos

Dear denzong

Iam interested in inner sleeve covers for lps and eps.Quantity Needed
Lp inner sleeve cover -300
EP inner sleeve cover-300
What is the quantity needed for the minimum order?
Regards
Srinivasan

hey all.

let me again come to the point here. i ame sorry but i cannot help in anything else then the plastic outers.

theres not MOQ but to get the best of price benefits we should collectively look at around 3000-5000 pieces

smaller quantity can also be done but then the prices would go up

I would go for 200-300 pieces too.....depending on the price. Thanks for the encouraging news denzong!

Meanwhile, arindam has been very helpful regarding ordering from sleevetown. The procurement cost involved is not negligible, so I will go a bit slow that way, though the products seem to be excellent.

I'll check if someone living in the US plans to visit this part of the world soon. Can save a lot if that happens :)

i think the approx price could be as round rs. 2 (i guess). still will find the exact price.

Wow ! Didn't think anything good on earth was still available for Rs. 2 ! :D

300 it is for me. Need another 2700 for the good thing to happen.

i can still ask him to make the MOQ and send me. but incase if we dont see things moving out then i am at a total loss cause it will take a lot of time for me to collect 3000 vinyls ;)

Wow ! Didn't think anything good on earth was still available for Rs. 2 ! :D

300 it is for me. Need another 2700 for the good thing to happen.

Vinyl inner sleeve are made from special anti-static high-density polyethylene not from normal polyethylene.If you want to use normal polyethylene then it is normally available at Canning street.

Right, arindamcc.

As denzong said, we are only taling about the outer covers. At least they will protect from the accidental water/ tea splash and cat scratches ( a serious problem at my place :) ).
I may have a look at Canning Street, but shouldn't compromise where the inner sleeves are concerned. Direct contact means more risk of damage.

It's a pity that they are not made anywhere in India. Sleevetown is the way to go, just looking to minimise the cost of shipping.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Right, arindamcc.

As denzong said, we are only taling about the outer covers. At least they will protect from the accidental water/ tea splash and cat scratches ( a serious problem at my place :) ).
I may have a look at Canning Street, but shouldn't compromise where the inner sleeves are concerned. Direct contact means more risk of damage.

It's a pity that they are not made anywhere in India. Sleevetown is the way to go, just looking to minimise the cost of shipping.

Thanks!
Hi,

Even I am looking for Mofoi inner sleeves so we can share the shipping cost.Elusivedisc alo gives discount for first time buyers.

Regards,
Sachin

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back