which avr to buy btw the Rx-V6a,RX-A880 and the RX-A1080

sand87ch

so i had a yamaha RX-V 685 earlier.i now want to buy new one.req:-
1.mainly music(spotify,usb,you tube music videos)
2.netflix or apple ir hotstar series
3.tv dth tatasky

i have polk s20 fronts as of now.

so shud i wait for the V6A or go for the RX-A880 or the 1080.reason i ask i see very less change in the 880 compared to the 685.

cost of Rx-A880- Rs 77000
cost of RX-A1080-Rs 97000

i am only interested if the A880 or the A1080 can provide a good difference in sound clarity and fidelity compred to the 685.Reason i dont want to spend a lac without much difference between the other two.please help.if its the aventage i will buy it next week.if not then will wait for the yamaha RX-V6a.Do u think shelling a lot if money for aventage will give me a good sound upgrade over the Rx-V685 that i owned.please advice

so i had a yamaha RX-V 685 earlier.i now want to buy new one.req:-
1.mainly music(spotify,usb,you tube music videos)
2.netflix or apple ir hotstar series
3.tv dth tatasky

i have polk s20 fronts as of now.

so shud i wait for the V6A or go for the RX-A880 or the 1080.reason i ask i see very less change in the 880 compared to the 685.

cost of Rx-A880- Rs 77000
cost of RX-A1080-Rs 97000

i am only interested if the A880 or the A1080 can provide a good difference in sound clarity and fidelity compred to the 685.Reason i dont want to spend a lac without much difference between the other two.please help.if its the aventage i will buy it next week.if not then will wait for the yamaha RX-V6a.Do u think shelling a lot if money for aventage will give me a good sound upgrade over the Rx-V685 that i owned.please advice
If you put additional 5-7k you can get the Denon 4500 which is a beast of an AVR. Also compared to the A1080 it it’s a 9.2 avr and be extended to a 11.2 avr vs the 7. 2 Yamaha avr. Also the 4500 supports Imax enhanced and auro 3d. If you want to stick with 97k or less you can even look at marantz 6014 or the 3600 which is also a 9.2 avr that can be extended to 11.2. This is well worth the upgrade IMO

If you put additional 5-7k you can get the Denon 4500 which is a beast of an AVR. Also compared to the A1080 it it’s a 9.2 avr and be extended to a 11.2 avr vs the 7. 2 Yamaha avr. Also the 4500 supports Imax enhanced and auro 3d. If you want to stick with 97k or less you can even look at marantz 6014 or the 3600 which is also a 9.2 avr that can be extended to 11.2. This is well worth the upgrade IMO
i checked.first of all no previous models of denon are present in my home state.i checked the 3600 and they said only the 3700 is there at 1lakh 49 thousand inr.marantz dont have any dealers selling it as far as i checked.thats why leftwith only yamaha.wat i am confised is if i shud go for the v6a later wen it pops up in india or go with the A880.am still not decided if spending that much money is worth on the 1080 if it doesnt have much of a difference in the sound quality.am not concerned abt anythng else.ques is will i have a remarkedly better sound compared to my rxv 685 and will the 880 be a bit better than the 685 in terms of sound quality coz the upcoming v6a is almost 100w similar to the A880.

also wat am not going to use are:-
1. the preouts
2.a 9.2 channel.
just concerned about sound.will the diff in sound be justified for the extra bucks i pump in

i checked.first of all no previous models of denon are present in my home state.i checked the 3600 and they said only the 3700 is there at 1lakh 49 thousand inr.marantz dont have any dealers selling it as far as i checked.thats why leftwith only yamaha.wat i am confised is if i shud go for the v6a later wen it pops up in india or go with the A880.am still not decided if spending that much money is worth on the 1080 if it doesnt have much of a difference in the sound quality.am not concerned abt anythng else.ques is will i have a remarkedly better sound compared to my rxv 685 and will the 880 be a bit better than the 685 in terms of sound quality coz the upcoming v6a is almost 100w similar to the A880.
Ok but have you checked nearby states? Dealers in Chennai and Bangalore do ship to other states as well.Not sure how much of a difference you will get from 685 with the 880.Better negotiate for the 1080. Denon 3600 and marantz 6013 should be a better upgrade for you IMO.

Ok but have you checked nearby states? Dealers in Chennai and Bangalore do ship to other states as well.Not sure how much of a difference you will get from 685 with the 880.Better negotiate for the 1080. Denon 3600 and marantz 6013 should be a better upgrade for you IMO.
hmm.a bloody battle between my heart and my pocket.1080 they wont go down much than this and as if now going to other states isnt an option.also online the costs for the marantz and denon are more than the local shop gives across models.

hmm.a bloody battle between my heart and my pocket.1080 they wont go down much than this and as if now going to other states isnt an option.also online the costs for the marantz and denon are more than the local shop gives across models.
Online rates will be always high but if you call and negotiate they will give better pricing. U have a budget of 97k and for sure you can get marantz 6013/14 or the Denon 3600. You don’t have to go to other state just call them and they will do home delivery. The home cinema from Bangalore gives good pricing and delivers to other states similarly ooberpad, Jamsticks and few more.

is there smbody who has listened to the 685 and the 880/1080?is there a gud diff with sound.coz i felt that on stereo mode the 685 felt like it was holding back.i always felt that with the 685.but it also cud be jusy my model,the source or even my ears.the reason if i choose the 880 i will have sm money left for a sub.

is there smbody who has listened to the 685 and the 880/1080?is there a gud diff with sound.coz i felt that on stereo mode the 685 felt like it was holding back.i always felt that with the 685.but it also cud be jusy my model,the source or even my ears.the reason if i choose the 880 i will have sm money left for a sub.
What you can do is try adding a good subwoofer. This will definitely improve the audio quality. If u Have no plans of expanding ur set up and a 7.2 avr is more then enough just stick with the 685. I think it has pre outs for front speakers? Adding a sub and a decent stereo amp will definitely increase the audio quality

Online rates will be always high but if you call and negotiate they will give better pricing. U have a budget of 97k and for sure you can get marantz 6013/14 or the Denon 3600. You don’t have to go to other state just call them and they will do home delivery. The home cinema from Bangalore gives good pricing and delivers to other states similarly ooberpad, Jamsticks and few more.
kind of not ok with online delivery from such sites where if i get delivered a defective pdt the returns cud be kind of iffy.i have gone thru the returns policy of both these sites though not home cinema.thats why i am going to have to travel 4 hrs to this offline shop if i purchase the yamaha.
i really liked the marantz and wud definitly have given it a try if i cud get my hands on it

What you can do is try adding a good subwoofer. This will definitely improve the audio quality. If u Have no plans of expanding ur set up and a 7.2 avr is more then enough just stick with the 685. I think it has pre outs for front speakers? Adding a sub and a decent stereo amp will definitely increase the audio quality
well my plan is building the set up piece by piece but i may never go for a full 7.2 due to space constraints.it will be 5.1 mostly but going for this model just for the power and feeling that the SQ will be better.That is all that matters to me.i mostly listen to 60-70% music and thats one of the reasons i was looking into marantz as well only to find no one selling those.

i wont even drive my avr too loud.just the right volume but i want that open and immersive sound stage and thats why i thought of miving upwards...not for the enhanced power or the extra features like surround ai

so if someone tels me that hey u wont see any or marked diff or uptick in SQ with a 1080 vis a vis the 685 then i will never spend the money on that model.rather i will spend that on getting a better sub or towers down the line and move my s20s to the surround

well my plan is building the set up piece by piece but i may never go for a full 7.2 due to space constraints.it will be 5.1 mostly but going for this model just for the power and feeling that the SQ will be better.That is all that matters to me.i mostly listen to 60-70% music and thats one of the reasons i was looking into marantz as well only to find no one selling those.

i wont even drive my avr too loud.just the right volume but i want that open and immersive sound stage and thats why i thought of miving upwards...not for the enhanced power or the extra features like surround ai
Ok so seems like you are expecting good improvements with music. In that case my guess is you are not going to get great improvements by upgrading to 880. I have heard the Polk s20 they sound bright and May be you are expecting warm and soft tonal performance.Better get some speakers that are known to sound musical then the Polk s20

Ok so seems like you are expecting good improvements with music. In that case my guess is you are not going to get great improvements by upgrading to 880. I have heard the Polk s20 they sound bright and May be you are expecting warm and soft tonal performance.Better get some speakers that are known to sound musical then the Polk s20
if its the 1080 then??any improvements..?

due to the surround ai u mean?
I meant for stereo listening with Polk s20. I don’t believe in surround AI. It just spoils the sound stage and gives an unbalanced imaging. For movies in a 5.1 set up paired with good speakers the 1080 should give u good improvements over the 685

You should look to upgrade your front speakers to Floor standers to improve listening experience. I don't think upgrading from 685 is a good idea. I am having 585 and it sounds very musical to me with Onkyo SKF-4800 and BIC F12 SUB

You should look to upgrade your front speakers to Floor standers to improve listening experience. I don't think upgrading from 685 is a good idea. I am having 585 and it sounds very musical to me with Onkyo SKF-4800 and BIC F12 SUB
ok.maybe its my speakers.dont know why even with ypao settings switched off i always felt the music from 685 kind of lacking

I meant for stereo listening with Polk s20. I don’t believe in surround AI. It just spoils the sound stage and gives an unbalanced imaging. For movies in a 5.1 set up paired with good speakers the 1080 should give u good improvements over the 685
hmm.ok.

For movies in a 5.1 set up paired with good speakers the 1080 should give u good improvements over the 685

is it because of the extended power or as they say the higher quality components used and the ess sabre dac?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back