Which beresford to buy:

Stan sent it thru Postal service. And I got the thug with Rs. 2500 :eek: as customs...And no delivery to my office address. Those indian Postal service (excuse my language) need me to go to another post office which is far from my office and not my address and pay the money and collect it.( And those idiots will work only between 10 and 5 pm).

I deeply regret that I am an Indian...

regards,
Anand

Congrats on the new purchase. So, how much total in INR you paid for the DAC ? How is the performance ?

Very bad on the postal dept. side.

Congrats on the new purchase. So, how much total in INR you paid for the DAC ? How is the performance ?

Very bad on the postal dept. side.
Its still @ the PO. Busy with Office work. dont know when will I take it and what is the condition of the parcel. They are notorious to steal stuff from customer(idiots who they use their service) parcel.

Stan sent it thru Postal service. And I got the thug with Rs. 2500 :eek: as customs...And no delivery to my office address. Those indian Postal service (excuse my language) need me to go to another post office which is far from my office and not my address and pay the money and collect it.( And those idiots will work only between 10 and 5 pm).

regards,
Anand

Pls.dont use this language as this will spoil the forum culture.
Dont forget you reside in INDIA,if you really want to abuse,then abuse system & you can write the matter to officials.
If this happens to me ,I deffinately fight with post peaple & not feel bad that I m Indian.India is good ,may not be some peaple.Sorry if I hurt you.

I am proud to be INDIAN.

@mod MBR,excellent stuff u got in ur modes of transport!!esp in the jeep.perfect choice,the marine range.clarion does make some good stuff.just surprised u have it up as part of ur signature only now!!cheers

Thanks Rally, I am still yet to fire the Jeep audio as I am waiting to go to Bangy for a stealth install. I didnt have in signature bcos was lazy :lol:

regards,
Anand

Anandm thats sad and understand your frustration, but pls watch the language in our forum.

But why did it comes through Indian Post why not DHL or something else?

@anandk,glad its finally touched indian soil:p.was it sent through EMS?that explains the postal bit.in fact my dac was sent thru EMS and in spite of having reached india in 3 days from taiwan(egad!!),its still stuck with customs/postal appraisal and such.luckily for me have managed to sort things out and expect to see it soon.even so,my experience with the officials concerned for the same has been spot on(i do everythin by phone ;) and helps that i can use the DR. tag!!)and they have been very helpful.its not so much the people,but the endless procedural delays involved many officials can blanket themselves in that makes the difference.no wonder our country is lagging behind even china in terms of progress.non existence of infrastructure!!!no offence people!!of course i expect to pay around 3k(fine plus duty) for my dac.well,so much for my first internet purchase.ha.do post listening impressions.am sure once its hooked up,ul forget the hassle involved.cheers

@MBR,would love to hear ur jeep install sometime.must be superb:clapping:.cheers

How would the Beresford TC7520 compare to the Keces DA 151 Mk2 dac sound quality wise on usb which would be my main purpose ?

Keces Dac

Last edited:
How would the Beresford TC7520 compare to the Keces DA 151 Mk2 dac sound quality wise on usb which would be my main purpose ?
The Beresford USB circuit on its own uses the later PCM2902 instead of the older PCM2702 that is used on the Keces. On top of that, the Beresford has a real DAC chip that goes up to 24Bit/96KHz to convert the digital to analogue. The Keces can only use the USB chip for conversion,which is limited to 16Bit/48Khz.
So to summarize, the Beresford is a far more power ful DAC and uses a lot more technology than the Keces. I could sell a DAC like the Keces for U$100 and still make 100% profit.

Stan

P.S. Please note that there are no shipping charges on any of my DACs that are bought by hifivision members, since I am also a member here. Which other manufacturer offers hifivision members such a service?

The Beresford USB circuit on its own uses the later PCM2902 instead of the older PCM2702 that is used on the Keces. On top of that, the Beresford has a real DAC chip that goes up to 24Bit/96KHz to convert the digital to analogue. The Keces can only use the USB chip for conversion,which is limited to 16Bit/48Khz.
So to summarize, the Beresford is a far more power ful DAC and uses a lot more technology than the Keces. I could sell a DAC like the Keces for U$100 and still make 100% profit.

Stan

P.S. Please note that there are no shipping charges on any of my DACs that are bought by hifivision members, since I am also a member here. Which other manufacturer offers hifivision members such a service?

thanks for a detailed reply stan , we appreciate dealers like you who take personal time and interest to help out their customers face to face in a forum. I am now collecting funds to buy this bad boy will definitely shoot you a mail once im ready.

Stan can you give me final price quote to India for

1. Beresford TC-7520 DAC
2. Beresford Caiman TC-7520SE DAC

Can somebody PM me the details of how much a parcel can be valued at in U$ before it attracts import duties? It would be very helpful for me to know, so that I can amend my invoice accordingly;).

Stan

Hello all,
Yersterday somehow managed to find the post office (even people 50 metres away from it didnt know there is a one :) ) and collect the parcel. The packaging was very good a luckily no damage (may be company address, and they might have thought that its company purchase). Stan sent as a Sample item may be thats another reason it attracted some customs duty. AFter paying the amount, it took 20 minutes for the babus to enter the details in their redtape and give it to me.

The DAC is cute and performed well. I can make out more details when I connect thru my DAC (op from my Cheaper Sony DVDP)

Planning to do the circuit changes as their website specifies later.

I mentioned to Stan but like to put my suggestions here also.
1. The power cord is not Indian specification (Thin power pins , looks like European standard). The pins will go into Indian plug but bit loose.

2. And the volume control knob is like a small hammer :)
If thats thin by say 5mm, the overall look will be pretty neat. Hope Stan will take care of this

Overall impression. Good

regards,
Anand

Confirmed with Stan that he had included an invoice on the package with value less than $100. But the invoice was stolen by Indian Customs and instead of 35%, they fined me whatever digit came to their mad heads...

:sad:

You can order the Caiman of TC-7520 DAC from
Digital Audio
I have temporarily put the delivery cost to India at 0 in order to offer free shipping to HiFiVision members. It's the simplest way of doing it, without members having to PM or email me for individual invoices. But please note the free shipping from that we location is only open to members who are in India! If you are outside of India, only those in Canada can also enjoy the discount.

STan

Confirmed with Stan that he had included an invoice on the package with value less than $100. But the invoice was stolen by Indian Customs and instead of 35%, they fined me whatever digit came to their mad heads...

:sad:

You need to pay the customs duty for a finished electronic product unless it is coming as a gift (<10K). They are smart enough to know the pricing of any kind of product. So they might have charged the normal duty for the dac. Ask Stan to send it as a gift product or a sample. That may help.

Hi Folks,

Will adding a DAC to my current setup (Pioneer 610 DVDP source & Onkyo 606 AVR) improve soundstage significantly ?. please advice.

Thanks
Ramesh S

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back