which blu ray to go for?

jagadishareddy

dear all,

i am in a dilemma in choosing a blu ray player, i have 2 players in mind they are Panasonic dmp bd 80 and oppo bdp 80

cost for both the players as in 20 north are

oppo is Rs. 24587(rs16675) inclusive of duty + for converting it to region free it costs about $69 (bluraychip.dk) so it comes to about 24587+3312=27899

and

Panasonic is Rs. 16178 (at present the cost is with out duty 15929, but there is some discount going on) inclusive of duty + for converting it to region free it costs about euro 69 (bluraymods) so it comes to about 16178+4347=20525

difference off rs 7374 is it worth it? if there is no discount on Panasonic then the cost of the players is almost same. so which is the best between the two, may be planning for booking the player by next week. so guide me thro.

thanking you all

dear all,

i am in a dilemma in choosing a blu ray player, i have 2 players in mind they are Panasonic dmp bd 80 and oppo bdp 80

oppo is Rs. 24587(rs16675) inclusive of duty + for converting it to region free it costs about $69 (bluraychip.dk) so it comes to about 24587+3312=27899

and

Panasonic is Rs. 16178 (at present the cost is with out duty 15929, but there is some discount going on) inclusive of duty + for converting it to region free it costs about euro 69 (bluraymods) so it comes to about 16178+4347=20525

difference off rs 7374 is it worth it? if there is no discount on Panasonic then the cost of the players is almost same. so which is the best between the two, may be planning for booking the player by next week. so guide me thro.

thanking you all

I guess the Oppo wins over Pana-80 review wise and that 7K is really worth, cause Pana mod has got some problem with DVD's i guess (NTSC/PAL compatibality). May be more owner comments can help you. I've a moded Pana-60 total cost is 15K apprx, and it's really VFM product.

cheers.

I guess the Oppo wins over Pana-80 review wise and that 7K is really worth, cause Pana mod has got some problem with DVD's i guess (NTSC/PAL compatibality). May be more owner comments can help you. I've a moded Pana-60 total cost is 15K apprx, and it's really VFM product.

cheers.

Hi,

I took have a pana 60 and was confused between 80 and 60, but went for 60 as I didnt see a huge diff between them, as I have a HD AVR. Also, OPPO seems to be ruling the kingdom for some time, only seen its reviews. So, why not go for Oppo?

Cheers!

You should go with Oppo with the following pros over the Panasonic here:
1. Multi Voltage, so straight out of the box you can use the player without any additional convertor.
2. Supports both NTSC and PAL standards which would defenitely help in case of DVD playback.
3. Easy fitment of the mod kit in comparison with the Panasonic.
4. Better loading times in comparison with Panasonic.
5. Panasonic is 1 year old model whereas Oppo's BDP 80 is the latest one.

Hi,

I took have a pana 60 and was confused between 80 and 60, but went for 60 as I didnt see a huge diff between them, as I have a HD AVR. Also, OPPO seems to be ruling the kingdom for some time, only seen its reviews. So, why not go for Oppo?

Cheers!

Hi,

The only difference between Pana 60/80 is the analogue 7.1 out and it is said to have a better Audio circuit.
I ordered a Pana-80 for my friend from 20north and tested the same at my place for the sound difference between 60/80 via HDMI. Absolutely no difference AFA my listening goes. Hence Pana 60+mod was a good VFM product for me AFA bluray playback is concerned, no DVD's. I'm not worried about it's USB, Memory Card slot etc. etc... I use my playOn for that.

But the oppo is way too pricey for my requirements. I guess it was selling close to 30k at that time, which I felt was not worth.

cheers.

Hi,

The only difference between Pana 60/80 is the analogue 7.1 out and it is said to have a better Audio circuit.
I ordered a Pana-80 for my friend from 20north and tested the same at my place for the sound difference between 60/80 via HDMI. Absolutely no difference AFA my listening goes. Hence Pana 60+mod was a good VFM product for me AFA bluray playback is concerned, no DVD's. I'm not worried about it's USB, Memory Card slot etc. etc... I use my playOn for that.

But the oppo is way too pricey for my requirements. I guess it was selling close to 30k at that time, which I felt was not worth.

cheers.

Hi,

I tested its USB and memory card slot. I tested the USB port using a 8 gb flash drive and played mp3 songs and to my surprise, they sounded really good, especially with the audio remastered option!

Cheers!

dear all,

and

thanking you all

Hi there!
Have you considered the DUNE Blu Ray player. I saw it in Pune for 37000. Its region free, its also a media player and has networking. I'm sure you could get it for a better price as well.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back