Which BR player to go for? I will play DVD too. Budget 15k

amandalia

Guys need help.

i've got an LG 42lw6500 3d led tv with Denon 1311 + paradigm ct90 set-up. With that i bought lg bd550 br player with out doing any research. fortunately it was a bad copy and the retailer is ready to replace it with either the same one or anyother br player that i want.

i've got a 4 mbps internet line at my place. So i'm planning to watch netflix thru it.

My viewing would be equally devided in DVD + BR + USB (all files avi to mkv to mp4). For usb i've got a media player too, and my media player plays most of the files so that issue is taken care of.

For DVD + BR viewing to use with netflix, which BR player to go for in the market, I'm keeping a 15k budget for it, can go to 20k too if it's worth.

I would also want to make it Region Free. Because i'll be watching renting dvds mostly from the local dvd rentals plus i'm also registering with moviemart.in for DVD and BR. I've heard they're one of the best in the market.

I live in Mumbai(powai). So if you guys can share your views on the same and also with BR players can suggest me some retailers too, from where i can buy it...

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Cheers!,
Bhavesh.

I'm confused among,

Panasonic bd60 / lg bd560 / onida bd1110x

Can anyone tell first hand review on any if them?

One more question, what is progressive scan ind bd features?

I don't think Netflix is available to India users! They block the IP even if you get the player from US! Let me know if something has changed recently.

I don't think Netflix is available to India users! They block the IP even if you get the player from US! Let me know if something has changed recently.

Well, i'm yet to try it but, they're saying that if you have a valid US address than you can take membership even if you're out of US. I'm gonna try soon.

But now my confusion is increasing between, Panasonic bd60(22k in mumbai) and Onida BDX1110(8k in mumbai).

i'm thinking whether panasonic bd60 is worth that many extra rs??

1. Try and see if you can get the latest Panasonic bd75 blu ray player, This player also has an Ethernet cable connection for BD live compatibility.

but more importantly if I was going to buy a blu ray player today, I would consider 3D and DLNA specs as well.

2. In case you want to wait for variety in 3d blu ray players in India, movie mart.in has a good deal going on BD 45 (or is it bd40 ) wherein you get a dozen blu rays to watch as complimentary .

3. Netflix service in India is still not being offered.

Do let us know, which BD player You finally bought.

Cheers

1. Try and see if you can get the latest Panasonic bd75 blu ray player, This player also has an Ethernet cable connection for BD live compatibility.

but more importantly if I was going to buy a blu ray player today, I would consider 3D and DLNA specs as well.

2. In case you want to wait for variety in 3d blu ray players in India, movie mart.in has a good deal going on BD 45 (or is it bd40 ) wherein you get a dozen blu rays to watch as complimentary .

3. Netflix service in India is still not being offered.

Do let us know, which BD player You finally bought.

Cheers

Hi Umesh,

Thanks for the reply man.. i was about to book panasonic bd60.. but then looked only for bd45 and 75.. i have couple of question if you can throw some light..

1) None of the vendors in mumbai are selling bd45 or bd75? do you know anybody who sells?
2) Are both these models region free/multi region in dvd and blu ray both? or the mod kits for them are easily available in market?
3) couldn't find any sites which show the exact specification and difference of bd45 and 75, you've any idea, whats the basic difference between the two?

Btw, whatever i checked online.. i found them identical to bd60, plus bd60 as signal/noise ration 115 db, where other two has 100 db.

Also trying to get in touch with moviemart.in guys.. planning to get 96 blu-ray pack.

Thanks again.

Bhavesh

Players sold in India are Region C - not recommended. Onida BDX-1110 seems to be an exception and can be made region-switchable via remote. I checked with stegen.com about Panasonic BDP-45 and BDP-60. They said that it cannot be made region free. I will strongly advise a Region-A or better still region free player.

As far as I know, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Google TV, etc. do not stream to India regardless where your registration address belongs. When you try to stream, the service checks the ip address and blocks it. It may be possible to spoof the IP address by using a (free) proxy server from USA. I have never tried it and I have no idea whether that will work.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back