Which brand should I buy?

positively boggles the mind :oops:

Hope innovation and new designs are not adversely affected by these ....acquisitions and mergers

Better than closures, I believe. At least IAG has kept the product pipeline running and been pricing them affordably.

One thing I have noticed is, many designers say the same things about their sound philosophy and hence backing their design, but they all sound randomly different. So secondary validations with other users and systems is the key.

everyone keeps talking about flat speakers to the point where the manufacturers start saying 'monitor like' but really those aren't fun to listen too.

Keeping audio aficionados somewhat confounded, befuddled and a bit confused is the hook. It’s what keeps this niche industry going and our fascination with all things audio a never ending quest.
We are like moths circling around the flame.
This I obsession may not kill, but it does keep us hooked!

Both yes and no. Depends on who has handled the query. Sometimes a minion handles them, inappropriately. And even if they do, I would not blindly believe them. Not above my own ears. Hence such opinions may augment the experience gained by an audition, but can't replace.
That said, it is often difficult, and theoretically almost impossible to get the right audition.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back