Which courier for heavy boxes (AV gear)

Naturelover

Staff member
I need to send some stuff from Nagpur to Bangalore and Mumbai.
Packed in boxes. Packing is good.
The boxes are heavy. Around 20-30 kg each.
Need advice on what courier to use.
Thanks

Thanks
The main concern with any courier be it bluedart , dtdc , DHL or any one is to use bomb proof packing. Be sure to use epe foam 50mm on each side with 7ply boxes and plenty of strapping so that doesn't matter how it's handled the products cannot be damaged.
We have using this strategy for all our amps ranging from 20kgs upto 45kgs..

Regards
Aniket Das

Thanks
Gati if you have the original packing. Ekart is another one that I have used.

You could also use the nightly bus service if the stop is close to your place. Drop the box at the bus operator office. However, someone will have to pick it from the bus operator's office or a bus stop at the destination.

MaSh

You could also use the nightly bus service if the stop is close to your place. Drop the box at the bus operator office. However, someone will have to pick it from the bus operator's office or a bus stop at the destination
Are they reliable? They must be cheaper i presume?

When I need to send some heavy amps somewhere I usually pack it very well, foam,thermocol, and then ship it via air. It's more expensive but safer. If your equipment is important to you then ship it via air.

DTDC Plus (not their regular service)
This is their premium overnight delivery service.

The key to safe delivery is to have the items delivered straight away and avoid any overnight storage in their warehouses. This is usually where the damage takes place as loading/unloading is done by unskilled labour.

Back