• iPod

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Creative

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • samsung

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wildon

I have a Sony PSP which gives me complete entertainment through games(single, multiplayer, online), music (MP3,MP4,WAV,AAC,ATRAC3plus), movies(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC,MPEG-4 SP,AAC) ,Photo Viewing, Internet browsing which one you like

Last edited:
I love my Archos - brilliant audio player, also plays mainstream video formats, massive storage capacity. As if this wasn't enough, it is brilliant at recording video as well as audio. I am currently using the line-in recording feature to digitise my LP collection.

Regards,
Persiflage

Transcend T Sonic 610-2GB Music Player/FM/Audio Recording-Cost=Rs 2700 !
Amazing sound quality, both for audio playback & FM-I found the sound just as good as the IPod Nano, at 1/3 rd the cost.
Anyone prospecting for a portable music player, do give this baby a listen.

Hi mridul,

Squeezebox is a streaming client (just like your windows media player in PC, in simple way), which is capable of fetching music from a centrally located PC or similar hardware. This is highly rated among audiophiles & widely used since 2002 IIRC.

Internal DAC of SB is excellent, but you can over-ride that by connecting via digital out. SB's are wi-fi enabled as well as ethernet connectivity. It takes a variety of formats including mp3, flac, aac etc

In a nutshell, if you have a PC or similar device running with a software server (slimserver / Squeezecenter) with music stored in 1 location, Squeezebox can pickup this as long as both the devices are networked (wifi or ethernet)

You may get a brief idea from this network diagram (this is my home network)
ddd-1.jpg

Squeezebox duet in living room. Real advantage is you can have n number of clients streaming different music from centrally located server

upload2.jpg

Mine ..

---- "COWON I-AUDIO D2 4GB"-------
let me remove I-pod,creative cloud, the D2 has a better Audio DAC as compared to ipod,creative... great looks 30fps video ,touchscreen,blah blah

ipod,creatives are ok kinda players ..real audiophile will go for D2 ..MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, FLAC, APE, WAV, AAC supports

Video: MPEG4-SP (DivX, XviD, ...), WMV9 - 320 x 240, 30fps:eek:
review:
Cowon iAudio D2 Review

available in india at 9000rs removes i-pod smoke n other clouds out ...

yes all will disapporove as COWON has very limited stores..so less people knows about it! :D

I think DACs on all portable players suck by audiophile standards.

The simplest solution that allows for ripped files to be played back on a revealing system is.... a portable audio player with
- a capacious hard drive, and
- a digital out.

iRiver's ihP-1xx jukebox series was one of the rare lines to offer this, then they discontinued the practice with their later product lines.

I think (not sure) it's possible to get a digital out from Archos devices using the docking station thingies (which they reap a premium on). Any others?

Then of course Squeezebox came along. You'd almost think Slim Devices paid mp3 player manufacturers to not provide digital outputs on their products.

I love my Archos - brilliant audio player, also plays mainstream video formats, massive storage capacity. As if this wasn't enough, it is brilliant at recording video as well as audio. I am currently using the line-in recording feature to digitise my LP collection.

Regards,
Persiflage

I love my Archos 605 too and the wifi streaming feature is simply amazing. Alas nowadays my Archos has started creating problems :-( !!

I think DACs on all portable players suck by audiophile standards.

The simplest solution that allows for ripped files to be played back on a revealing system is.... a portable audio player with
- a capacious hard drive, and
- a digital out.

iRiver's ihP-1xx jukebox series was one of the rare lines to offer this, then they discontinued the practice with their later product lines.

I think (not sure) it's possible to get a digital out from Archos devices using the docking station thingies (which they reap a premium on). Any others?

Then of course Squeezebox came along. You'd almost think Slim Devices paid mp3 player manufacturers to not provide digital outputs on their products.

I hava a DVR dock for My Archos and it is connected via digital coaxial to my av reciever ! Touch Screen + Digi Out = Happyness !! :)

Regards,
Persiflage

To Digitize LP recording my suggestion would be to connect it to the Line In Socket of your pc and use a software like Cowon Jet Audio to convert the same into MP3. Excellent software I must say !!

Ipod Nano Chromatic 4G, 4GB - can movies be played on to it?
Eg: Download movies from net, convert it using itunes and then upload to Nano and play the same?

Ipod Nano Chromatic 4G, 4GB - can movies be played on to it?
Eg: Download movies from net, convert it using itunes and then upload to Nano and play the same?

Yeah they will play. But not really an Apple fan myself. Even a decent mobile will do for music and movies. I use my Nokia Nseries for it. Add FM radio and a good/decent camera and the mobile comes out better in every way. That's the reason even Apple have moved to the iPhone so they don't lose out to other mobile phone manufacturers.

Back