Which headphone to get under 10k

Rupinder

I want to buy a headphone to be used with my phone or by my kids on their tablet. Which headphone is best under 10k.I doing want to buy an expensive headphone as it will be used by all .I was looking at flipkart at see
1 audio technical m50x
2 Philips Fidelio m1
Which is better off these two and if you can suggest any better to be bought in India.
I listen to Hindi Bollywood ,gazals. English classic rock . Neeraj and pop. Very little of jazz and blues
Thanks

At your budget the best value for money headphone will be the KOSS protapro headphones. Amazon.in is selling at a very good price currently,

I own M50X and am very happy with it. It is a solid contender in that price range. There are many good reviews about the fidelio series however I have not personally listened to them to provide you a comparison.

Also note that m50x are over ear and fidelio m1 are on the ear headphones. So the comfort may vary and more often there is a personal preference of one fit over the other due to comfort.

Agree that ATH M50x is pretty decent closed back cans, you may also want to consider Sennheiser HD 558 (open back) I am using it for music, movies and games - a great all rounder.

Last edited:
I have a ATh-M40x, and they sound ... good.. But I absolutely hate the clamp. I have glasses and the clamp is just too hard.. I even tried them with the Brainwavz HM5 velour ear pads. The velours are not that comfortable but the help with the clamp. They also change the sound signature, loosing some bass and leaking sound. But the M40x are solidly built. If you are going to wear them outside, they are good (Although, I wouldn't suggest this, are they are rather big, and I'd rather wear my E10s outside which wouldn't make me look wierd).
I'd suggest go for Porta Pro.

There are a couple of Sennheiser coming out by this december? HD471 and a couple of others, I think, which are closed back. (I had asked Sennheiser about these and they said these would be available by this year end.) You might want to check those out too, if you are willing to wait.

Do consider the Sony MDR-7506. Very detailed and fantastic sound at this price point. Have been using them for the past 3 years. Real VFM IMO.

I want to buy a headphone to be used with my phone or by my kids on their tablet. Which headphone is best under 10k.I doing want to buy an expensive headphone as it will be used by all .I was looking at flipkart at see
1 audio technical m50x
2 Philips Fidelio m1
Which is better off these two and if you can suggest any better to be bought in India.
I listen to Hindi Bollywood ,gazals. English classic rock . Neeraj and pop. Very little of jazz and blues
Thanks

Rupinder also check AT-M40X, very balanced bass especially for the genre u r referring to, Amazon.in is selling them at a killer price under 6.5k.

For the type of music you are planning to listen, check open back headphones, namely the Audio Technica AD500x, close to 7k.

Hi guys the is a change of plan. My brother will be coming form us in Dec or Jan so I am planning to buy one headphone from us
So I have increased the budget to get a good audiophile headphone. I have shortlisted these which do you think will go for all genres and classic rock
Hifima 400s
Oppo pm3
Senn hd 700 available at about 50% discount
Or you can suggest any other headphone to be bought from us for music only no gaming or movies

You can consider grado 80i, it is open back but sounds very good (I own it and like it)
All genres sound good.

I also have Fostex TR50 - it is excellent for easy listening with very detailed sound. The sound is excellent especially for non-rock kind of genres. It gives balanced and "flat sound" ( I own it and like it)

You can consider others too but I have experience with above 2.

I also have Audio technica ATH M50.

I would rate grado 80i / Fostex TR50 -> ATH M50
The first two are more transparent and open sounding than later.

Best luck!

You can consider grado 80i, it is open back but sounds very good (I own it and like it)
All genres sound good.

I also have Fostex TR50 - it is excellent for easy listening with very detailed sound. The sound is excellent especially for non-rock kind of genres. It gives balanced and "flat sound" ( I own it and like it)

You can consider others too but I have experience with above 2.

I also have Audio technica ATH M50.

I would rate grado 80i / Fostex TR50 -> ATH M50
The first two are more transparent and open sounding than later.

Best luck!
Rohit I have changed my choices as I am buying from us. See my above post. My choices are now
Oppo pm3
Hifima 400s
Sehh hd 700
Kindly recommend one

Wow, how are you able to get a 400s under 10k? That is a very good option....given its planar magnetic but you might need some amping. The PM3 is great too...

definitely better than most options recommended here...

No they are not under 10 k at all. Just that instead of buying one headphone and then upgrading later. I want to buy a headphone which I might not need to upgrade

Rohit I have changed my choices as I am buying from us. See my above post. My choices are now
Oppo pm3
Hifima 400s
Sehh hd 700
Kindly recommend one

Hi,
Yes my options are specific to US import especially the Fostex TR50 which I had got hand carried with friends help.

I personally prefer the grado 80i and Fostex over the AT 50s as it is not as open sounding and also get a little sweaty over extended listening periods. (But YMMV)

Out of ones you mentioned not listened to any so can't comment :)

Cheers.

What about audio technical atx50 for closed and hifiman ,400s or senn hd 700 for open

HD700 needs an amp and is supposed to be very picky with pairing.

I have read mixed reviews about AT 50X. It is a bassy headphone, quite heavy, clamping force is high, etc. On the positive side, it is quite rugged.

Tyll has recently added 400s to Innerfidelity wall of fame. Should be a good option for an open headphone.

Whatever you decide, I suggest that you decide ASAP and get them on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. Prices are mouth watering.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back