Which Headphones for Ipod?

myriad

Hello Folks,
The supplied earbud headphone of my son's Ipod has died. What are the better options available than Apple earphones within 2-3k range. We are thinking of going for old style headphones (the one used to come with Walkman) rather than earbuds.
Regards
Vasu

Hello Bhanja,
Are these available here locally in Kolkata?
Regards

Call up Sennheiser India... No, I think they will send via courier from Pune/Mumbai/Delhi.

Or, you could buy directly from HeadRoom: Stereo Headphones, Amps & DACs, Wireless, Noise Canceling, Ear Canal, Earbud, Audio Cables & Accessories (Headroom Corporation USA)

They have exceptional customer service and believe me.... they shipped each and every order to my doorstep in 4-5 days flat! :clapping: (See signature... I have a Headroom amp)

Call up Sennheiser India... No, I think they will send via courier from Pune/Mumbai/Delhi.

Or, you could buy directly from HeadRoom: Stereo Headphones, Amps & DACs, Wireless, Noise Canceling, Ear Canal, Earbud, Audio Cables & Accessories (Headroom Corporation USA)

They have exceptional customer service and believe me.... they shipped each and every order to my doorstep in 4-5 days flat! :clapping: (See signature... I have a Headroom amp)

Thanks.
I will try to contact them today.
Regards
Vasu

Hi Vasu,

Did you get in touch with them? Did you buy any in ear headphone, I am also looking for one in the price range of 1000 to 2000, for my iPod (as the Apple headphone's white border keeps coming off and so the headphone keeps falling off my ear).
I am looking at Philips & Sony. This Sennheiser seems to be around 2500. Isnt it Bhanja?

Hi Vasu,

Did you get in touch with them? Did you buy any in ear headphone, I am also looking for one in the price range of 1000 to 2000, for my iPod (as the Apple headphone's white border keeps coming off and so the headphone keeps falling off my ear).
I am looking at Philips & Sony. This Sennheiser seems to be around 2500. Isnt it Bhanja?

Px 100s are good hps. You can look at Head direct, Fischer and Mp4nation headphones. Amarbir of lynx-india dot com is stocking them. He s a dealer on our forum too.
I personally own the Beta Brainwavz, which is available for 1.1k now. It's got decent detail levels.
You can also try Head direct Re0 and Klipsch image s4.

I use sennheiser CX 500 with IPOD 120GB. It sounds great. However for travel/ rough use, Creative in ear EP630 is ultimate ( It costs 700 bucks). This one is too good.

Cheers
Sourav

Hello Bhanja,
Are these available here locally in Kolkata?
Regards

Sennheiser headphones are available in Apple Imagine Stores ( City Centre,Saltlake)/ Bhagwati ( basement- South City mall)/ Mobile Store (Elgin Road), A.M.Mobile (they have several branches - one near S.H.mumtazuddin- Mission Row/ another in City Centre Saltlake).

Hello Folks,
The supplied earbud headphone of my son's Ipod has died. What are the better options available than Apple earphones within 2-3k range. We are thinking of going for old style headphones (the one used to come with Walkman) rather than earbuds.
Regards
Vasu

Go for Sennheiser eyes closed, few suggestions you already have here, What I have is Sennheiser MX160 (ear buds type) and Sennheiser HD180 (Headphones), I also have Creative EP630, pretty good for the price (6/700), but nothing can beat Sennheiser.

Go for Sennheiser eyes closed, few suggestions you already have here, What I have is Sennheiser MX160 (ear buds type) and Sennheiser HD180 (Headphones), I also have Creative EP630, pretty good for the price (6/700), but nothing can beat Sennheiser.

+1 to that, Go for Sennheiser , Even though I never use any HP , I have listened to the PX 100 and CX350 in ears , Also listened to Koss , but Sennheiser wins in all aspects.:clapping:

+1 to that, Go for Sennheiser , Even though I never use any HP , I have listened to the PX 100 and CX350 in ears , Also listened to Koss , but Sennheiser wins in all aspects.:clapping:

But I do believe that, now we have a lot of other good options for IEMs, which offer better better sonic performance than Senn budget models at a lower price, with better accessories bundled.

Hi,

The PX series from Sennheiser are good at low volumes, if you go a little high on the volume it leaks out, so if you'r using it in your work place it may disturb others. I had this problem with my PX100, so I bought HD 218, sound leak is very very less and SQ is also good. It is selling for 3K available through Sennheiser India.

As an alternative, the JBL Reference 410 is also a good on-ear headphones selling in Apple Stores for 2.5k-3k.

cheers.

As i was going out town for a week i had to get the headphones before leaving. I went for Senn PMX100 as PX100 was out stock. I like these headphones. They have open sound with good mid and bass. The highs are never splashy which is good for me for long listening session.
Regards
Vasu

i use koss porta pro and its awesome, direct competitor to low end senns. and beats most of them hands down.

@doors666: Where can you get Koss here?

@OP: you can consider Klipsch's S4 as well...Amarbir (Lynx India) also has a few pretty good earphones (I have Head Direct RE2). He also has Soundmagic and Yuin...

Px 100s are good hps. You can look at Head direct, Fischer and Mp4nation headphones. Amarbir of lynx-india dot com is stocking them. He s a dealer on our forum too.
I personally own the Beta Brainwavz, which is available for 1.1k now. It's got decent detail levels.
You can also try Head direct Re0 and Klipsch image s4.

Thanks iAudio for the response. Yes I've read good reviews about Head Direct, but I may consider RE2 and not RE0 as the former is just under 2000 (1850 with Lynx). Yes I've seen the posts by Amarbir of Lynx. But I did find some of his posts/comments (about WD HD media players) rude and unprofessional, here in this forum.

But I did find some of his posts/comments (about WD HD media players) rude and unprofessional, here in this forum.

Depending on your luck, you might experience that interacting with him in person could be just as rude and unprofessional (which was my experience when I bought my RE2's from him)...its your call whether you want to do business with him or look somewhere else....Klipsch S4 is usually available on ebay India, you can check it out...

Depending on your luck, you might experience that interacting with him in person could be just as rude and unprofessional (which was my experience when I bought my RE2's from him)...its your call whether you want to do business with him or look somewhere else....Klipsch S4 is usually available on ebay India, you can check it out...

Hi soulforged, What other ear phones (in ear) did you consider or try before choosing RE2 (I am even considering Sony's and Philips ear phones which are in the price range of 1000 to 1500 INR)? And can you elaborate on your buying experience with Lynx (Amarbir)? And when and for how much did you buy your RE2 from him?

And was the package that you got from Lynx like the one described in this link?:
Head-Direct RE2 inner earphone in Review Almost perfect at 39$ | TouchMyApps

Cheers!:)

There were a few models that were on my list -
Klipsch S4
Creative EP630 (I had these earlier)
Etymotic Research er61
Denon (don't remember the model)

Went for RE2 mainly because of its availability. Next in line was Klipsch.

If you want good isolation, go for Klipsch. RE2 don't offer very good noise isolation.

When I ordered from Lynx, they were upgrading their website and were having issues with it. Amarbir cancelled my order once without adequate info as to why. When I used their chat feature to inquire and explore other ways of placing the order, he lost his cool and told me not to chat with him again :rolleyes: He was more rude when I called up to clarify. I thought he was under a lot of stress due to his website related issues and continued with my order...now it appears that he generally has this attitude.

I had ordered the RE3-FiiO E5 combo, it cost me Rs.3200 + shipping. The package was delivered promptly. The packing was good. It was not like the picture in your link, it came in a simple box.

The headphones are good. They are not very effective in noise isolation. The clarigy and soundstaging is good. Lacks a bit on the low freq response. They are easy to drive and don't need any headamp. I picked up the headamp mainly because it was a combo offer and coz I could use it with my Grado SR60, which are a little more power hungry

Back