Which Internet Connection are you using ??

I am using a TATA Indicom 384 KBPS PREPAID connection in location of HADAPSAR PUNE. I am so unhappy and frustrated with their service. On every Sunday and Monday their service is down i.e NO INTERNET connection. On Sunday when I am at home and there is no Internet connection just think of that situation and it is just a nightmare and even it doesnot come up the same day but it comes up on Monday So pathetic and disgusting TWO days without Internet and the customer care executives or anybody on the senior person is not even concerned about it and it happens not once twice but repeatedly weekend after weekend. I very much believed in TATA's name its credibility but now its yet another pathetic brand which does not care about its customer the very people who trusted them.

Last edited:
Need some infor on 3g dongle (data card).
Model: Huawei E1750. (In use with 3g data BSNL sim) Its a unlocked version procured from ebay long back. But service provider Airtel also gives this device.)
The model supports on WinXP but not on Windows 7 (either 32 or 64bit). We see that the E1750 have winXP 32bit drivers, so it works on WinXP. We are able to connect to internet. It cannot be connect to Win7 as is says " No device connected even though the datacard when connected it installed the software.
Can it be upgraded to win7 64bit driver? Will it be compatible with winXP too. [It will be used both on winXP (32 bit), Win7 (64bit) - at different times in my friends place - with desktop on WinXP 32bit, laptop win7 64bit]
Anyone using E1750 with Win7 64bit, do provide details.
Can anyone provide me the driver location and install procedure? [We called up huawei but they don't support unlocked devices got outside
(probably from ebay and other sites, unless got from service providers)]

How do you do that? Do you have a dual-ADSL-modem router? or two modems and a system doing load balancing? Or...

I use a dual WAN router. Both the Internet connections go to their individual modems and then the 'out' from them goes into WAN1 and WAN2 of the dual-WAN router.
One LAN socket is used as 'out' and this 'out' from the dual wan router goes to the internet 'in' of my wifi router.

Thanks Shivam. I noticed the answer to my question in the For Sale forum earlier today :)

There used to be a box (made by D-Link maybe???) with two modems built into it, but I think it was discontinued a few years ago.

I am using a MTNL Unlimilted 2MBPS broadband connection. It is a wifi. I am able to access websites on my Lappy, mobile and tab in good speed when I am in the room where I have kept the wifi modem but the speed is not so good in my other rooms. The bars of the wifi connection on my Lappy become very less when I carry the laptop to another room. Is there any way I can get a good signal in my other rooms ?

I am using a MTNL Unlimilted 2MBPS broadband connection. It is a wifi. I am able to access websites on my Lappy, mobile and tab in good speed when I am in the room where I have kept the wifi modem but the speed is not so good in my other rooms. The bars of the wifi connection on my Lappy become very less when I carry the laptop to another room. Is there any way I can get a good signal in my other rooms ?

Position your router in the geographic center of your home or as close to it as possible. Change the antenna to a high gain one. If nothing works, then use a repeater.

Consider how much brick or concrete the line of sight passes through.

Router and laptop might even be in adjacent rooms, but there is a big difference for the signal in going straight through a wall compared to going through it at a shallow angle. A few inches of brick can become several feet.

(Errr... I hope this is still true: it's one of those things I heard quite a few years ago now. Don't see why it shoudl have changed, but...)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back