Which Internet Connection are you using ??

Youtele is doing good in certain parts of chennai. Speed did not disappoint me so far :clapping:

Check the speediest result below

Attachments

• Youtele speed.jpg
    Youtele speed.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 82
I use airtel 512 kbps unlimited. I don't know what is the plan. But it comes around in the range of rs 1500 pm (including phone calls).

1667496181.png

BTW which is the cheapest (and fastest) connection now mainly for downloads? I am now using a BSNL EVDO 2mbps unlimited costing Rs 800/- pm

Having just got together a couple of old PCs for use by students really emphasises the ridiculously high price of broadband here. My new 4Mb plan will cost almost as much as these families are paying in rent!

Even Rs500 a month would be a lot to them. Is there any affordable option?

Using MTNL 1 MBPS Unlimited plan from last 18 months and happy Customer no disconnection . . :yahoo:

In Kolkata BSNL Broadband is the best and cheapest....private players are expensive. Wireless and 3G is whimsical sometimes it works sometimes not, the network coverage is not yet developed.

BTW which is the cheapest (and fastest) connection now mainly for downloads? I am now using a BSNL EVDO 2mbps unlimited costing Rs 800/- pm

I am using bsnl 500 combo plan with 175 free calls, 1.5 gb free download, 2mbps speed and night unlimited from 2am to 8am and no telephone rent. Monthly rent will be 550 including tax. 20ps for each additional MB. If you are a Govermnet servent, you will get further 20% discount. Eventhough it claims 2mbps (256KBps), I am getting only 90-100 kbps. The speed may vary with your location. A friend of mine gets 200kbps for torrent downloading. Speed of 512kbps unlimited connection is pathetic as per many users. The speed is just 20kBps. Also, consider the power consumption if you download 24 hours. With 6 hour night unlimited connection, you can download the same amount of data. My average download is 2GB and upload is 1GB per day.

I am getting 30kBps speed on my BSNL 2G package when the network is 3G. In 2G networks it is jsut 10kBps.

Using MTNL 1 MBPS Unlimited plan from last 18 months and happy Customer no disconnection . . :yahoo:

Using MTNL 1 MBPS Unlimited plan at work good speed,
but at home using 499/- unlimited plan speed usally below 25mbps,

IMHO, 8GB will vanish in a few hours and then you are stuck with a horrible 256kbps which is not even broadband (>512kbps). As for free calls who uses land phones these days? I have 175 free calls and usually the metered calls is blank. Just my opinion.

As for free calls who uses land phones these days?
My wife does ... to use up the "free" calls!

(Actually, we kept the BSNL line when we moved the broadband to Airtel. Not sure why...)

There are no "free" calls on the Airtel line, but the new plan says something about voice calls capped charge. I'm incredibly thick about phones, mobile or otherwise: I'll have to get my wife to find out what it means :eek:

BTW... I have always hated this "free calls" marketing jargon. There is no such thing as a free call: what they mean is calls included in the rental. They should say, Calls you pay for whether you make them or not!

:)

Last edited:
Any body else is using BSNL EVDO ? IMO it is the cheapest for heavy downloaders. Strangely it is a bit slow in normal browsing. But with torrents and download managers like IDM at least 1.5 mbps is assured.

BSNL Wimax is available in Kerala. I read in another forum that even with 512kbps plan, users are getting 2mbps, that too unlimited for just 750pm.

am using MTNL Triband since a long time. current plan is :

On weekdays & saturdays --> 1 mbps unltd in daytime, 2 mbps unltd night-time (the night-time hours being from 2200 hrs till morning 0800 hrs)

On sundays --> 2 mbps unltd day & night both

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back