Which Internet Connection are you using ??

Hai all, BSNL is increasing speed from 512 kbps to 4 Mbps for 900 unlimited plan. Watchout for their announcement.

Are you sure about this? That is fantastic news !!!

I was quite miffed that they had increased the 750 plan to some 1MBPS, and left the 900 plan at 512.

Cheers

I am using airtel 650 unlimited (old) plan that now offers me 512 kbps (64 kBps) with an associated download limit of 10GB (as FUP). After the 10GB, it slows down to 256 kbps :mad: . In my current billing month, I have crossed my 10GB limit in first 2 days itself and am down to 256 now for the rest of 29 days :annoyed:!

Experts, any suggestion for me? :sos:

Hi all,

BSNL going to introduce the following wef 1-2-2011 : :clapping:

a) For BB Unltd Plan customers speed increased 4x times at same cost. :yahoo:

b) Reduction in additional usage charges / MB for BB Ltd Plan customers. :yahoo:

c) New Plan - Unlimited 850 BB Plan(both home & business users).

Pl watchout for announcement in their website, :licklips:

N.Murali

Last edited:
MTNL offers new Broadband connectio for zero price.Modem charges(even wireless),activation zero.MTNL says get modem free upto 31/3/11.I read in news paper today & can confirm here-
Introduction

Hello

I started with Airtel 256 (799+tax) , then jumped to 2mbps limited ( approx 2.4K) then to 1mbps unlimited (approx 2K) now steady on 512kbps @ 1.4K + tax).

Airtel quality is almost business like in uptime. And I get advanced notification sms 4 to 6 hours before any scheduled maintenance usually between 12 to 5am. My connection has been down for only a couple of hours max in 3 years!!

No performance issues. Usually get full speed!

Cheers

youre lucky, airtel in gurgaon is monopoly and their service is complete garbage. I hope they rot in hell!

BSNL 3G datacard

Required: A wireless usb datacard that can be used from any remote location (interior in villages too). (Plug to laptop)

I just enquired with BSNL for 3G datacard. They informed that it costs Rs 3500. The model is Huawei E1750.(Only this model available with them). But i see in ebay its apprx Rs 2500 or so.
The one i saw in BSNL is this (eBay India: New Huawei E1750 HSDPA 3G USB Broadband Modem 7.2 Mbps (item 220779266218 end time 04-Jun-2011 05:54:06 IST) eBay India: New Huawei E1750 HSDPA 3G USB Broadband Modem 7.2 Mbps (item 220772602198 end time 20-May-2011 12:43:07 IST))

But i also see this (eBay India: 3G USB MODEM DATA CARD, HUAWEI E1750, 7.2Mbps/5.76Mbps (item 270743429910 end time 31-May-2011 22:43:45 IST)). What is the difference? Just the color?

Can i buy the item (huaewi E1750) from ebay and just the sim card from BSNL. Will it do? (Because i see 1000Rs difference between ebay and BSNL sales for this product.)

Or do let me know which 3g usb data card would be better.

I have a huawei EC325 which i suppose will be of no use if i want to use with the 3G datacard sim. Do let me know which should i go for? (I had to dump the huawei EC325 if its of no use.)

Thanks

Right now I'm using a royal 10 kbps bsnl gprs connection.:D. No torrents, no downloads since last two weeks after the electrocution of my modem. BSNL not yet issued a replacement modem for my 2mbps connection. And my interrnal modem purchased through eBay didn't work. So ordered a belkin wifi external modem.:)

Patience is the companion of wisdom. ~St. Augustine

Right now I'm using a royal 10 kbps bsnl gprs connection.:D. No torrents, no downloads since last two weeks after the electrocution of my modem. BSNL not yet issued a replacement modem for my 2mbps connection. And my interrnal modem purchased through eBay didn't work. So ordered a belkin wifi external modem.:)

Patience is the companion of wisdom. ~St. Augustine

Oh!! 10kbps!!
Well i did see couple of blogs where people mention they had bought modem from ebay. I would like to know, if anyone here had bought one outside BSNL and using with the bsnl sim.
This a usb 3gb data card and i suppose it should work, as only bsnl sim had to be inserted.
The price difference is more than 1000Rs.!! :sad:

Oh!! 10kbps!!

my bsnl gprs speed:

1293754951.png

Interestingly I am using a 3g sim, 3g phone and in 3g network. With 2g networks it is ~ 5-6 kBps. May be I am using not a 3g data package.

Swapped the sim with another 3g sim and got the following speed:

1293796157.png

Last edited:
Bought a belkin g wireless modem router form ebay. Now I am back in broadband speed:yahoo:. (And now i don't need to confine myself in hfv:D.)

new Internet offer-
Pay for 6month & get 6 month net free.Offer till 31March,2012

1 MBPS unlimited for Rs.3900 for 6months(with offer,it will be for 12Months)
2 MBPs unlimited for Rs.5700
4 MBPs unlimited for Rs.11100

Home Systems Pvt. Ltd. : Packages
anyone tried this?

750 Home Unlimited Plan: BSNL has increased the speed from 512 kbps to up-to 2 Mbps for the first 8 GB and then 512 kbps effective Dec 2011.

well I'm also a BSNL 256 UL customer. Speed is ok for browsing but for download I use another connection. Look at my sig there's a hint...:eek:hyeah:
[bTW: Second connection cost is zero!)

On Jan 5th, I should be celebrating my upgrade from Airtel 2Mb/sec to Airtel 4Mb/sec :)

Exceeding our existing 15Gb limit this month (first time ever) cost us dearly: around 1,000 extra on the bill :(. It was time for more headroom. The new plan is 30Gb with FUP slowdown, rather than charge, after that. Neither of us are great downloaders, but I do grab the occasional few Gb of music, or a Linux distribution, and my wife seems to be spending more time with Fcaebook and Youtube.

Earlier we had been told we could not have 4Mb, but we had the area senior man attend a recent problem, and he said, Yes we can!

Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be an Obama upgrade ;)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back