Which is Good : Stereo Receiver / Multi Channel Receiver for listening to Stereo CD's

elangoas

Hello Ppl,

I have an Onkyo 7.1 HTIB (HTS-790). I have been listening to mostly stereo CD's & playing TV Broadcast's on my Onkyo on Dts Neo:6 (or) Dolby PL IIx. Off late i have been reading about stereo receivers. I came to know that the stereo receivers are any day gud than listening to stereo source on Multichannel receivers.

What is the difference between listening to Stereo CD's on Stereo Receivers (2.0 & 2.1) Vs listening to Stereo CD's on Multichannel receivers Stereo Mode (2.1). Though i intend to purchase a new stereo receiver in sometime, would we gud if you all can clear me this doubt.

Can you please help....

Re: Which is Good : Stereo Receiver / Multi Channel Receiver for listening to Stereo

Hi ppl,

Can someone help....

Re: Which is Good : Stereo Receiver / Multi Channel Receiver for listening to Stereo

Hi ppl,

Can someone help....

There is a similar thread, may be in the Amps section. Please refer the same, and please search before you open a new thread.

Elango,
If you had taken the pain to search through the numerous threads discussing AVRs and Stereo amps, you would have easily inferred that Stereo amps are definitely better if your interest is music, esp with audio cds. You need not have started a new thread.
Stereo amp better for stereo music and multi channel amp good for multi channel surround movies!:)
Please search before posting.

I dont know about what other people say but I have a 1980's massive stereo amp with bookshelves and a 2006 jamo avr693. I have noticed my avr when on neo6 gives me the richness of my pure audio (stereo) mode yet maintains multichannel usage of all speakers. The sound quality is much better than direct multichannel stereo upmix - if you find it ( I doubt you will cuz its old and very rare, 1 of 3 fullsize amp's jamo made in 2000-2010 ) I think youll like the neo6 mode for listening to stereo cd's. Many people have an aversion towards jamo amps and players because theyre speaker makers but if you look at it from another point of view, being speaker makers they would also have the advantage in certain areas. This is not to spark off any discussion - just my suggestion to try out the jamo AVR 693

Here's more info if you find it.

Google Translate

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back