Which media player supports menu-driven playback ??

Spidey

Hi folks

I want to know which media player supports COMPLETE MENU DRIVEN PLAYBACK like :

next track/chapter
skip, etc...

I have the basic WD player it has start stop and fast/slow speed. No next chapter/ track. So if you want to see end of movie, you start it and PRESS FF button till you get to the end....groaaaaan. :mad:

Does Xtreamer PRo support this ??

PS most movies are ripped to single files i.e ISO format.

Last edited:
Hi folks

next track/chapter
skip, etc...

I have the basic WD player it has start stop and fast/slow speed. No next chapter/ track. So if you want to see end of movie, you start it and PRESS FF button till you get to the end....groaaaaan. :mad:

It depends how you have ripped your movie from a DVD or Blu Ray, Xtreamer?pro does gives an option in the case of a DVD rip to select any scene you want and you can also jump to any part of the movie by entering the time selection menu and jump to that particular part. Even with the single movie file you can skip using the time thing and it also has the option of scene forwarding within 30 second or 3 minutes by the arrow keys on the remote.

I have tested copying the entire DVD contents to my HD and my PlayOn!HD mini
was able to give me a complete menu driven playback.

I did not try ripping it to a single iso file and test the menu
driven playback feature.

I also did not try this for a bluray disk.

Hi folks

next track/chapter
skip, etc...

PS most movies are ripped to single files i.e ISO format.

If you rip a BR or a DVD as an ISO image, Both PlayON HD and Xtremer Pro will support its playback with full menus, just like the actual disc in the drive.
If by just copying the DVD contents as it on the HDD ...... PlayON HD can still play with menus, as confirmed by Sivakuru, then thats surprising and infact too good (I havent tried this way but...yes ISO playes with menus (confirmed).....)

If you rip a BR or a DVD as an ISO image, Both PlayON HD and Xtremer Pro will support its playback with full menus, just like the actual disc in the drive.
If by just copying the DVD contents as it on the HDD ...... PlayON HD can still play with menus, as confirmed by Sivakuru, then thats surprising and infact too good (I havent tried this way but...yes ISO playes with menus (confirmed).....)

Are you sure BD ISO plays WITH MENU on PlayON and Xtremer??? It does not officially support though.

so what is the best format to store a dvd/bd on a hdd for a media player to read ??

Are you sure BD ISO plays WITH MENU on PlayON and Xtremer??? It does not officially support though.

It does with DVDs not BRs ..... Apologies for the confusion here Guys .....My fault ...... :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back