Which one to go (Dali , KEF , JAMO, INDIQ audio)

Silentpro

Hello ,

I'm looking for a pair of towers speakers
Living hall dimensions 20×25
AVR - DENON X1500H

I would like to knw which has better overall quality and punchy Bass (compared)

1. DALI Lektor 6
2. KEF Q series
3. Indiq audio platinum achal
4. JAMO S809 studio 8

Please suggestion will be appreciated. Use for music as well as movies .

Hello ,

AVR - DENON X1500H

1. DALI Lektor 6
2. KEF Q series
4. JAMO S809 studio 8

Kef Q series, especially the Q950 has fantastic bass punch! haven't heard the others. I believe Lektor isnt available any longer

Haven't heard 3 & 4 - of the top 2 - KEF Q950 driven by Marantz Model 30, Lector 6 being driven by a NAD streaming amp (not sure which one) - of the two setups KEF configuration was superior by a fair bit. Not A/B as these setups were heard at different times but from memory - Dali setup had 1 advantage - small details - I heard a lot of things which were in the background in the KEF setup.

Hello ,

AVR - DENON X1500H

1. DALI Lektor 6
2. KEF Q series
4. JAMO S809 studio 8

If you like KEF sound signature, get the stand-mounts and a good sub like REL/Rythmik.
The Q series towers are loose on bass. Stand-mounts are a better point source due to concentric drivers.
If you are not in a hurry, come to Bangalore, I'll show what stand mounts can do in a big room with a sub.

Cheers,
Raghu

If you like KEF sound signature, get the stand-mounts and a good sub like REL/Rythmik.
The Q series towers are loose on bass. Stand-mounts are a better point source due to concentric drivers.
If you are not in a hurry, come to Bangalore, I'll show what stand mounts can do in a big room with a sub.

Cheers,
Raghu
+1
After trying out several floorstanders (Quad, Goldenear Triton3, Adam Audio, Diamond Achals and Spendor A5R) I have settled down to bookshelf speakers and a Sub. The size of the listening room played a part in this as I moved from a large room to a smaller one.
The biggest advantage is that you can move the )active) SW to the best bass position and adjust the volume to taste- floorstanders with passive and fixed subs don’t have this flexibility.

+1
After trying out several floorstanders (Quad, Goldenear Triton3, Adam Audio, Diamond Achals and Spendor A5R) I have settled down to bookshelf speakers and a Sub. The size of the listening room played a part in this as I moved from a large room to a smaller one.
The biggest advantage is that you can move the )active) SW to the best bass position and adjust the volume to taste- floorstanders with passive and fixed subs don’t have this flexibility.
So ur suggesting to bookshelf instead of towers ?

Hello ,

AVR - DENON X1500H

1. DALI Lektor 6
2. KEF Q series
4. JAMO S809 studio 8

I wouldn't drive those speakers by an AVR but invest in a matching amplifier. X1500H won't do justice to them.

For which ?? All 4 ?
First 2, at least, no experience with the last two.

Edit:- If you insist on the AVR, then probably look into 3050i as well; that's the only one that X1500H can somewhat drive.

Last edited:
So ur suggesting to bookshelf instead of towers ?
I suggest keeping an open mind while deciding your speakers.
Since you will be using this for movies as well as music, a powered sub in the set up might be a good choice

It is possible to achieve good sound with stand mounts and a dedicated powered subwoofer that can go lower than the passive subs inside floorstanders…In addition to the flexibility I mentioned above.

Keep in mind depending on the brand, this option may not be less expensive than FS.

Take time to audition and understand as many types as possible (preferably with your amp as good speaker-amp matching is often a matter of luck.

This process can be fun and exciting if you invest your time and patience.

I suggest keeping an open mind while deciding your speakers.
Since you will be using this for movies as well as music, a powered sub in the set up might be a good choice

It is possible to achieve good sound with stand mounts and a dedicated powered subwoofer that can go lower than the passive subs inside floorstanders…In addition to the flexibility I mentioned above.

Keep in mind depending on the brand, this option may not be less expensive than FS.

Take time to audition and understand as many types as possible (preferably with your amp as good speaker-amp matching is often a matter of luck.

This process can be fun and exciting if you invest your time and patience.
Thanks for detailed information

Hello ,

AVR - DENON X1500H

1. DALI Lektor 6
2. KEF Q series
4. JAMO S809 studio 8

If you can find a well-kept Kef pair, definitely go for that. Be it Towers or Book Shelves.

MaSh

How about KEF c7 ?
Is that the Coda 7? I have only heard the Kef Q series, R series, and owned iQ5. You will not regret getting either Kef Q or R series.

That said, do try to audition as many speakers as you can. Its tough in current circumstances, however, it would be very rewarding.

MaSh

Is that the Coda 7? I have only heard the Kef Q series, R series, and owned iQ5. You will not regret getting either Kef Q or R series.

That said, do try to audition as many speakers as you can. Its tough in current circumstances, however, it would be very rewarding.

MaSh
Then may be Dali will be better choice compared to C7 KEF as its an entry level in kef.

KEF C7 seems to be a very old model. If you are getting it as a used pair, please audition.
If it is touted as a new pair, I'd (personally) stay away from it.
Cheers,
Raghu

Back