Which one to go for

jenson

Shifted to a smaller room (I keep getting into situations like these) with the enormous cadence Arca. Bass is simbly(sic) overpowering..

Room dimension: depth 9.7 ft, width 7.8 ft, height 9.4 ft.

Majority of the room is bare wall (echo paradise) did some basic treatment.. Wanted to do a bit more.. Under budget...what will be more effective..

Two 4x2 panels from - https://www.auralexchange.com/product/auralexchange-propanel-custom-acoustic-panels/

Or
9 panels of these.

I get a feeling I need to treat ceiling in these kind of room.

Insights most welcome

Since it's a very small room, you may try with floor/wall carpets, soft wall hangings before going for acoustic panels as the later will further reduce the room size

Shifted to a smaller room (I keep getting into situations like these) with the enormous cadence Arca. Bass is simbly(sic) overpowering..

Room dimension: depth 9.7 ft, width 7.8 ft, height 9.4 ft.

Majority of the room is bare wall (echo paradise) did some basic treatment.. Wanted to do a bit more.. Under budget...what will be more effective..

Two 4x2 panels from - https://www.auralexchange.com/product/auralexchange-propanel-custom-acoustic-panels/

Or
9 panels of these.

I get a feeling I need to treat ceiling in these kind of room.

Insights most welcome
I would recommend a minimum thickness of 8 inches if you are looking to adress bass gremlins. Actually even that won't be enough. EQ is your best friend in this room. Iam in a bare walled 11.5 x 15 feet room. The room is atrociously bright and echoey. Bass was simply over bearing. I tried digital EQ with a antimode 2.0 for just bass correction below 280hz. And the bass is stunning now, and mid range and treble clarity has improved by leaps and bounds as the bass booms are entirely gone now.

I would recommend a minimum thickness of 8 inches if you are looking to adress bass gremlins. Actually even that won't be enough. EQ is your best friend in this room. Iam in a bare walled 11.5 x 15 feet room. The room is atrociously bright and echoey. Bass was simply over bearing. I tried digital EQ with a antimode 2.0 for just bass correction below 280hz. And the bass is stunning now, and mid range and treble clarity has improved by leaps and bounds as the bass booms are entirely gone now.
yes u r right

Heavy sofas or recliner, stuffed toys, rolled up yoga mat, indoor plants and carpets. That's my idea to address the bass gremlin.

Try timber acoustic panel. They will also customise according to your requirements. I have bought two 4*2*5(depth) panels for my room and i am satisfied by the results.

Hi Ashwin, thanks for these recommendations.

I was wary of them intially, reached out to aural exchange, they have suggested two 6 by 2 feet panel, with depth of 10 inch to see massive change.. Since I wasn't sure how of much of an impact it would make...did a cheapo stunt and got one foam single bed mattress from one bedroom as an experiment, the moment I slid it in room on first reflection point, it made a huge impact..room echo was tamed immediately, mids and highs came to fore. Sound was much relaxing.

I'm pretty certain aural exchange panel would take this to next level.

While eq was tempting... I felt the need to provide a neutral room (as far as possible), once this is achieved eq can add to ones preference.

Will update once I get the panels.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back