Which should I choose for listening to music?

Which should I choose for listening to music?

• JAMO D590

• JAMO S809

• Mission Lx-6 mkii

• Dali Oberon 7

• Dali Spektor 6

• Fyne Audio F302

• Wharfedale LINTON Heritage 85th

• Acoustic Energy AE120

• Monitor Audio Bronze 200

• Wharfedale Diamond 12.3

Results are only viewable after voting.

khadgar

The living room is 40 square meters. The speakers are located 5 meters from the seat.

Which high value for money?

feel free to add other option which might be better. In advance thanks for the help!

The living room is 40 square meters. The speakers are located 5 meters from the seat.

feel free to add other option which might be better. In advance thanks for the help!
Demo all and as much possible.
Jamo, MA & WF Linton are known for music

I have heard the Jamos, the Dalis, the MA. Among these, the Oberon 7 stands a cut above the rest.
Had your room been smaller, I would have actually suggested the Oberon 5, which for some reason always sounded slightly better to my ears than the 7s.

You could also check out the Q Acoustics 3050s and the Concept 40, the Martin Logan Motion 20i, Paradigm SE 6000, KEF Q750, Emotiva T1+, and the very impressive PSB Alpha T20 (sound great, extreme VFM, imo),

Wharfedale are good for listening to music with a warm signature. But please demo for your taste of music.

I have heard the Jamos, the Dalis, the MA. Among these, the Oberon 7 stands a cut above the rest.
Had your room been smaller, I would have actually suggested the Oberon 5, which for some reason always sounded slightly better to my ears than the 7s.

You could also check out the Q Acoustics 3050s and the Concept 40, the Martin Logan Motion 20i, Paradigm SE 6000, KEF Q750, Emotiva T1+, and the very impressive PSB Alpha T20 (sound great, extreme VFM, imo),
I want warm signature sound.I like the sound style of the Proac Spendor. But they are expensive. Which speaker of my choice sounds closer to them?

Last edited:
U can start with an economical choice of bookshelves & towers with a good amp.

Keeping room in mind try to get a front ported speaker or even rear should be fine if not. Upgrade later once u get a perspective & experience with ur room.

Will help u decide better later.

This might help if you are considering the Lintons

Since you are in USA did you look for full range speakers? Omega, Decware etc?

Had a pair of Jamo E855 from 2005. When I switched to Klipsch Heresy IIIs in 2016, found I missed a lot with the Jamos. They were decent though.

At the price range of the speakers you have mentioned, you can try hearing the Philharmonic BMR speakers. They are supposed to be vfm speakers with great quality and detail rivalling far more expensive speakers. Being a bigger bookshelf it goes quite low too.
The other warmer tone bookshelf options may be the Warfedale Linton and Dynaudio Evoke. If you can get your hands on pre-owned Dali Grand Coupe bookshelf in good condition, then great as they are supposed to be sweet sounding non fatiguing speakers with no brightness.

Most People Choose Linton Heritage.
40cm² Can IT becompeTent?
My room is of the about the same size (10m x 4.5m) and opening to a foyer on one end plus a kitchen (albeit through a counter window) on one side. My Klipsch Heresy IIIs or the OB I made with a full ranger (driven by 8Wpc tube or 16Wpc Amp Camp Amp) are more than enough by themselves. With the subwoofer ON it is excellent. With volume control at like 25% playing CD, it is about 90dB at 3m (a mobile app that measured average 95dB not a proper SPL meter so a reduced quote ;)).

Yes, you may argue Heresy are more sensitive at 99dB but Lintons are not far behind.

There was a good deal on Energy RC70 @ woot.com
They may relist it. lt has warm signature, 3 way design and deep bass.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back