Which Soundbar? Q800t vs JBL Bar 5.1 surround

jain1980

I am looking at the Q800t and the JBL Bar 5.1 surround (without the detachable speakers) soundbars for my 14*12 ft room. Both are available at the same price point (35K).

Any Q800T or JBL 5.1 soundbar users here?

Which one would be a better choice considering my content would be 60% movies and 40% music.

Personally using jbl bar 5.1(without detachable speakers) and very impressed (100% movie use). The sub that comes with it is pretty powerful. If you have an opportunity, audition both, jbl I bought from reliance digital.

Personally using jbl bar 5.1(without detachable speakers) and very impressed (100% movie use). The sub that comes with it is pretty powerful. If you have an opportunity, audition both, jbl I bought from reliance digital.
I got the same thing, how are you playing movies apart from Prime/netflix/Hotstar. I find it difficult to play movies with 5.1

I also use a blue ray player.
Any recommendations for a decent blu ray player which may have usb playback as well? Sorry to highjack OP Jain1980, wrt to your earlier interest. I was initially in the same predicament. Was really leaning towards q800t. Firstly there aren't too many Atmos content at the moment. Second, there are a few issues wrt to signal dropping from the S/W, same with LG soundbars as well. Third more of a personal reason, currently staying at ground floor, where there is quiet a bit of dust that comes in. The q800t design would make it accumulate a lot of dust on top within a few months in Bangalore.
Now wrt to JBL, enjoying it currently, for 16 x 20 living room the S/W is overkill, usually watch movies below 20. Haven't come across any connection drops. There is no upward firing speakers but it has bothered me a lot. The dialogues are clear even with an overpowering S/W. Sadly the there aren't a lot of customisation compared to the 800t.
Hope this helps.

When it comes to soundbar, JBL are very decent to good category, This is being helped by their Power Sub which is best among the soundbars I have tested yet and note I have tested almost all available at croma/RD/Samsung/LG.

Only thing I was bit disappointed is the atmos treatment, Don't expect objects and environments behavior on top that has not happened in my case maybe due to untreated room. I use it in my Main Living Room which is of a good size (28X12X10)

Q800T I heard and it sounded decent but I preferred Bar 5.1 to that. Vocals are very clear to me for JBL Bar 5.1
I would still suggest you to audition both and take a call. My vote goes to Bar 5.1
Cheers :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back