which soundcard or dac??

sunnysharma

hi guys,
i have an acer 5738g laptop and a samsung 6 series television, to which i attach razer mako speakers and it sounds good, but i want it to sound great so which sound card or dac to buy wid it??

Hi spiro can you b a little more specific? Let me tell you a little bit more. I need a dac or soundcard in the budget of 5-10k and i need it to make my mp3 music sound better because right out of the laptop its not great. At times there are crackling noises in between songs which i don't want. I have used a creative x-fi 5.1 surround and even though it did amplify the sound and bass slightly its not good enough. So please suggest something better and with a model no. Thank you.

See mp3 will never sound detailed with SC or DAC.Yes presentation can improve.
Say soundstage,instrumentation.Since its mp3 ,there will be some info lost(during mp3 conversion)
If you get flac,wav or similar lossless files,you can get better output from Xonar.
In given budget you can get better DAC as Zero,Beresford 7520 which are flexible which can be even used with DVDp.

With a laptop i would suggest get a dac any day over a usb soundcard. In your budget look at the beresford 7520. You can switch out op amps for some different sound signatures. If portability is an issue udac seems to be getting lot of attention these days

Sunny, i also have a similar requirement to replace my xfi usb . You may consider udac at 4k . Go through the udac thread to know if it suits your requirement.
http://www.hifivision.com/cd-players/12223-udac-vs-udac2-5.html

Hi spiro can you b a little more specific? Let me tell you a little bit more. I need a dac or soundcard in the budget of 5-10k and i need it to make my mp3 music sound better because right out of the laptop its not great. At times there are crackling noises in between songs which i don't want. I have used a creative x-fi 5.1 surround and even though it did amplify the sound and bass slightly its not good enough. So please suggest something better and with a model no. Thank you.

Thank you guys for ur suggestions any idea where i can find the UDAC, Beresford 7520 and Zero dac??

udac -contact buygaming staff (on hifivision/techenclave) - 4.2k approx
beresford - contact stanley directly (shipped around 12.5k - somehow no duty was levied on me because it was marked as a gift with a value of 4k)
Zero DAC - check with a few pople on hifivision - mostly all got it shipped with some duty.

Note duty is an hit and miss afair in India -I have got products worth over 10k with no duty and had to pay duty on a IEM that costed some 1.5k.

I've yet to order anything from abroad but plan to. Do the customs just go by the declared invoice by the seller or do they cross check with the payment (paypal) invoice?

udac -contact buygaming staff (on hifivision/techenclave) - 4.2k approx
beresford - contact stanley directly (shipped around 12.5k - somehow no duty was levied on me because it was marked as a gift with a value of 4k)
Zero DAC - check with a few pople on hifivision - mostly all got it shipped with some duty.

Note duty is an hit and miss afair in India -I have got products worth over 10k with no duty and had to pay duty on a IEM that costed some 1.5k.

I've yet to order anything from abroad but plan to. Do the customs just go by the declared invoice by the seller or do they cross check with the payment (paypal) invoice?

like i said its random at times. Sometimes the customs dept goes by invoiced value sometimes they do open the box up for inspection. But generally not more than 3 weeks with mumbai customs.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back